What's new

Enough is bloody enough :: some hard questions to our military Estabilishment

We must ask how it was that the man who apparently fit the profile of a suicide bomber almost perfectly: young, hanging about outside a sensitive agency (the Frontier Constabulary headquarters) waiting for his quarry; probably wild-eyed, entered Peshawar cantonment in the first place. I went to Peshawar a few weeks ago and it took my wife and I and our driver a full three minutes of questioning, checking of our ID cards, opening the hood and the dickey of the car, having a soldier peer into the car and so on, before we were let through just one barricade. There were three within the cantonment before we got to where we were going and the procedure was repeated at each one, albeit in abbreviated fashion. So how did that misguided, mindless youth stroll into the secure area to do his dreadful deed?

Cars can indeed be checked, but I don't think that means every single car will be checked, or that every single truck carrying goods will be unloaded and gone through with a fine tooth comb. And what about foot traffic?

The bomber needed a suicide vest, and that is not a very large item to conceal.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Seems like you have more problems with Shafi Sahab than Shafi Sahab has with PA. :lol:

Shafi has a history of bashing the PA and seeing an 'ISI agent' under every rock.

Cars can indeed be checked, but I don't think that means every single car will be checked, or that every single truck carrying goods will be unloaded and gone through with a fine tooth comb. And what about foot traffic?

The bomber needed a suicide vest, and that is not a very large item to conceal.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Shafi has a history of bashing the PA and seeing an 'ISI agent' under every rock.

Sir i enjoy reading your posts. You hit the nail on the head so to speak!

Nw its always good to have critics around .. !
I often wonder who will guard the guards...:)

On serious note PA is a most capable force, its not terained for such gurilla warefare and counterinsurgency ops as the author is complaining.Its really not easy to tackle these forces. ISI is doing its best to tackle these forces. This guy is really pissed of from all that security checking. Everybody has to face it. And its for there own good but hed had to burst his frustration by having a crush on PA,ISI.

However its very sad that Parachinar road is closed, Parachinar was once the forward base of ISI to deliver goods to the afghan mujahideen.

Lets not get carried away, Shafi is not the enemy, TTP, incompetence and lax attitudes towards security are the enemy - lets keep our focus.

The Fauj can do with constructive criticism, it only make it that much stronger.

Lets not get carried away, Shafi is not the enemy, TTP, incompetence and lax attitudes towards security are the enemy - lets keep our focus.

The Fauj can do with constructive criticism, it only make it that much stronger.

Constructive criticizm absolutely, and there is definitely room for improvement.

An article I posted in the main thread of Ghayyur's martyrdom narrated an incident in which Ghayyur arrived at the scene of an encounter with extremists, and found many of his F Constabulary were standing around afraid to join the fight and assist the other security forces. With those kinds of attitudes still existing in the lower level security forces (The Frontier Corps seems to have really turned a corner for the most part under Gen. Tariq Khan), it is not hard to see how incidents like this continue to happen, either due to lax security or perhaps even sympathizers.

what an ideotic out bust of ignorence

should esteblishman advertise how many attacks they prevented and how many master minds they arrested?
come on use ur mind

I am sorry the military you abuse is the only power in pakistan which is fighting terrorists at one side and on other rescueing people from floods.
its only forces who have done what govt should have done.

I am sorry an extremist on you tube accused me of being Ahmedi when some of the people on this channel call me islamist.
you know the real problem lies in the minds of so called islamists and neo democrates. they have accepted defeat and now are useless losers who cannot bring change or see the change comming in society.

its the habbit of losers to throw mud on others while they them selves have nothing clean

Some recognition of the gains by security forces is in order as well - just compare the number of terrorist attacks last year by this time with those that have occurred this year so far. One hundred percent eradication of terrorism, given the terrain, porous border with Afghanistan and the continuing conflict in that country, is just not possible at the moment.

One can only hope that the chaos from the floods will not revers these gains.

should esteblishman advertise how many attacks they prevented and how many master minds they arrested?

Yes! Obviously, is it supposed to be a secret? How are people to know the enemy unless they are identifed and how are trhey to know we are being successful, unless authorities are up front about it.

Yes! Obviously, is it supposed to be a secret? How are people to know the enemy unless they are identifed and how are trhey to know we are being successful, unless authorities are up front about it.

are you unware of the fact that , not all things can be brought infront of public, It may jeopardize things..!!!
Murky world of spies simply cannot afford to be transparent. Although they are more than its required to be. This is how the system works , we cant change it..!!!

Sounds like your suffering from Walter Mitty syndrome.

The minute any of that is ever enforced you'll see the instant dissolution of Pakistan as a country.

realy ? and you think its not dissolving now because of our over sensitive protector of muslim world syndrome ? or is it just in your mind , why dont you go out and see whats happening in pakistan at the moment and ask the people who have lost there kids and loved ones to this horror and ask them for suggestions ? after that mine one will look like fairy cakes offering i bet

true !!! if it happens pakistan is a paradise
but i ll disagree on one point .... why capturing students of lal masjid :frown:

Brother i think so you haven't heard about the Ghazi group operations at the moment ? search for that and you will see that many of the recent attacks specially in and around the capital ! to summarize its a group of ex and some current lal masjid students who are operating on the virtue of revenge , do not take me wrong i was against the military operations in that mosque ,i personally think it was a matter of land dispute and could have easily be avoided by putting some money in some oily pockets , but whats done is done you cant change it BUT^ as a bitter reality of world ..if you disturb hornet hive you better be willing to eliminate them and there poison then, you cant disturb them and then sit there thinking they will leave you alone . !!

are you unware of the fact that , not all things can be brought infront of public, It may jeopardize things..!!!
Murky world of spies simply cannot afford to be transparent. Although they are more than its required to be. This is how the system works , we cant change it..!!!

Easy, Bill - ALL things cannot be but most things can, especially who is the enemy and whether or not he' or she has been captured, preferably killed while resisting arrest.

No one is asking for the revealing of "Murky world of spies" -- the more information, the more and better it can help people understand that they are indeed on the right path.

And as for "we can't change it" - I can understand why som emay not want ot change it - but it will must change, and I think it will (because it MUST)

ok so you want publicity stunt?? people have been caught!! unlike our neighbors we don't want to make everything media news! we catch terrorists interrogate them BUT NOT ON TV!!!

& if anyone is failing it is our GOVERNMENT which is not providing for the poor hence frustrating them to vandalism or terrorism!

Exactly, the reason why world leaders still talk about 26/11, but no one talks/remembers even the recent attacks in Pakistan. Media also brings in accountability and transparency.

How about some though questions from our civilian establishment first... Where are they, what are they doing at present?

Civilian govt. never have real and ultimate power.

Also, if a civilian govt is bad or corrupt it should be replaced by a political party or other. As all over the world people get to learn which party or govt. is best for them But people of Pakistan never got this choice or opportunity.

Civilian govt. never have real and ultimate power.

Also, if a civilian govt is bad or corrupt it should be replaced by a political party or other. As all over the world people get to learn which party or govt. is best for them But people of Pakistan never got this choice or opportunity.

Thats not true - in terms of control over institutions and personnel that would allow the Civilian Government to take tangible steps against terrorism, the Intelligence Bureau and the Federal Investigation Agency both fall under the Interior Ministry run by Zardari's close pal, Rehman Malilk. The Frontier Constabulary and various other paramilitaries and local LEA's also fall under the direct control of the civilians.

These agencies, especially the IB (supposed to be a domestic intelligence agency) and FIA, offer a tremendous degree of expertise, experience and resources with which to battle terrorism and insurgents. With the West eager to impart training and expertise, capacity building in these institutions can be undertaken very rapidly to bolster their effectiveness.

All of that means that the civvies do need to be asked some 'hard questions' on what exactly is being done with all these resources - are they all just being used to locate and destroy evidence incriminating Zardari and his pals and spy on the opposition and media?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom