What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

European super league confirmed, thats football ruined for everyone now, they have officially killed off the sport for their own greed, killed off the whole English football system, and I’m disgusted by the glazers and everyone who took the initiative to make this stupid decision.
Won’t happen. They have created this crap to readdress the distribution of wealth and negotiate a larger slice of the cake. Purely a greed concept and simply won’t gain traction as even Boris Johnson has voiced strong objection. The greedy 12 have just asked for a larger slice of cake. Fans will simply reject it too. The fat cats are simply too fat. Besides I think it’s a bit rich for Arsenal and Tottenham to be in the permanent 12. They won’t be qualifying or anywhere near the champions league this year or in fact the next several years

Won’t happen. They have created this crap to readdress the distribution of wealth and negotiate a larger slice of the cake. Purely a greed concept and simply won’t gain traction as even Boris Johnson has voiced strong objection. The greedy 12 have just asked for a larger slice of cake. Fans will simply reject it too. The fat cats are simply too fat. Besides I think it’s a bit rich for Arsenal and Tottenham to be in the permanent 12. They won’t be qualifying or anywhere near the champions league this year or in fact the next several years
It will, they’ve already posted it all in their websites, date pretty much confirmed for august 12th. Arsenal are in the perm 12 since kronke is VC. Fans will reject it, but eventually most will get used to it, besides the one who stop watching football or supporting them, and the newer generation will slowly adapt to it.

It will, they’ve already posted it all in their websites, date pretty much confirmed for august 12th. Arsenal are in the perm 12 since kronke is VC. Fans will reject it, but eventually most will get used to it, besides the one who stop watching football or supporting them, and the newer generation will slowly adapt to it.
Tell you what - I will have a bet with you - I bet u a £1 it won’t happen

its stupid arsenal and man utd struggling to qualify in CL are part of super league nonsense!

Man Utd are through cl, u mean Spurs and Arsenal.

Okay £1 it is
after some years they are in CL and be out of first stage the way utd team is atm! Utd is not an elite club anymore they dont deserve to be in super league!

Apparently Jose refused to take the training session in protest and has been sacked.....
Jose makes more money after getting sacked (£100 million altogether)
Manchester United stand down from the ECA, Ed woodward stands down from UEFA roles

As someone that has followed the reds since 86 not happy with this move . This is pure greed but uefa and the premier league acting like they not in it for money is a load of shit and Boris sticking his ore is not needed . It's a stand off now what will the league be without the big six what will happen to tv money without them. Uefa takes out something like 300 million in administration FIFA giving Qatar the world cup was money under the table it's all about money. Will, I still go to Anfield whenever I can get a ticket yes will I still follow them yes but this not good. We loved calling ourselves European royalty what if our 6 European cups are stripped then what. I never followed international football apart from the world cup and I associate England fans with the ones that did not want john Barnes playing because he blacks it just what I feel. We should get more money from the pot but this will be boring 15 clubs playing each other 4 times each when you add the other 5 clubs will take the shine off it . Uefa should have controlled the spending of city and chelsea with its rules but let them off with small fines lets see how it plays out . And the spuds and arsenal in it having not won the european cup is weird city no fan base this will kill football

@masterchief_mirza
Tottenham joining a European super league is like Bananaman getting called up as an Avenger.
I never used to mind the spuds they had some great players Hoddle waddle the two Argentinians but when they qualified for the champs league the first time the shit their fans talked about was unbearable hate them since.

I believe it is an elaborate ruse personally. The big six are posturing for their own interests and (I hope) they are not likely to actually follow through. They are bullying UEFA into some serious reforms that will benefit them as profit spinning mega brands, like American style sporting franchises.

At least I hope it's this. As stomach churning as these 6 self styled "footballing oligarchs" are with their ongoing manipulation of UEFA (e.g. the way Man City and Chelsea continue to dodge severe punishment for FFP and transfer wrangling is disgraceful), this periodic spasmodic bullying rage is far more preferable to them forming a breakaway league altogether.
Tell you what - I will have a bet with you - I bet u a £1 it won’t happen
I hope you're right. Football players do this sort of power play all the time, threatening to leave to force the club to offer a superior contract etc. Why wouldn't clubs do the same?

Back
Top Bottom