What's new

England football legend Michael Owen meets COAS Bajwa

Though I understand the recent frustration on his visit due to the events in Balochistan, micheal Owen visiting and promoting football in Pakistan is huge, the biggest sport in the world, audience and financially, wish Pakistan focuses on football than cricket. Big bucks to be made and it’s so much better than cricket politics.

Target is for Pakistan to qualify for the 2030 world cup. Just imagine finally putting the ball that has been made in Pakistan for decades in the back of the net with the world watching. It will be just mega PR.

For sure when it comes to sport, Pakistan has a higher ceiling than India, genetically stronger and more flair and can make this happen very rapidly.

Last edited:
Just to put this into perspective.This meeting is akin to GenMcConville sitting with Javed Miandad (on the day where miles away from him within his country he is loosing his men). In no God's green earth does this WORK!!! If any serving ISPR folks on this forum please tell your boss for God's sake quit it, to tell his boss to take it easy. Even if he meets such folks, let it be without a photo-op that forever enshrines the banana nature of our institutions.
1643394983796.png
1643395030934.png
1643395293026.png

Target is for Pakistan to qualify for the 2030 world cup. Just imagine finally putting the ball that has been made in Pakistan for decades in the back of the net with the world watching. It will be just mega PR.

For sure when it comes to sport, Pakistan has a higher ceiling than India, genetically stronger and more flair and can make this happen very rapidly.
I think 2030 is unrealistic, yes Pakistan have the talent, but not the infrastructure, experience, coaches etc I think it’ll take another 20 years before Pakistan can try to qualify for the world cup unless something miraculous happens with the new Pakistan Football League. China has put so much money into football and it’s still no where near qualifying for the World Cup. My best hope is foreign Pakistani players who have huge huge potentials choose to play for pakistan instead.

I think 2030 is unrealistic, yes Pakistan have the talent, but not the infrastructure, experience, coaches etc I think it’ll take another 20 years before Pakistan can try to qualify for the world cup unless something miraculous happens with the new Pakistan Football League. China has put so much money into football and it’s still no where near qualifying for the World Cup. My best hope is foreign Pakistani players who have huge huge potentials choose to play for pakistan instead.

Perhaps but China is not known for traditional sport, just athletics.

I can easily see a capable 6'5 defender from Peshawar and a little maestro attacker from liyari.

Look at cricket as an example, unstructured and underfunded since inception but still produced world class players. Brazil didn't need money to become good at football, they had natural ability and if they had played cricket they would have been world class at it too. Some countries have it, some don't.

Last edited:
Just to put this into perspective.This meeting is akin to GenMcConville sitting with Javed Miandad (on the day where miles away from him within his country he is loosing his men). In no God's green earth does this WORK!!! If any serving ISPR folks on this forum please tell your boss for God's sake quit it, to tell his boss to take it easy. Even if he meets such folks, let it be without a photo-op that forever enshrines the banana nature of our institutions.
View attachment 811786View attachment 811787View attachment 811789

Your post aged so well.

he checking michael owen's shorts for b o m bs or a dollar or two.]

football is good for health but this entertainment is gud distraction jus like middle east brought foot ball.

Back
Top Bottom