What's new

England can beat India ‘every day of week’: Gough

If imaginations had wings horses would fly.................

I think they forgot

They forgot about the god of cricket and I think they also forgot his wrath on those who gave such blunder statements

History is full of such Henry Olangas who go over the top to give such statements and then complain that their career was doomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes sir jee beating NZ and WI even bangalis can do it but if you see english past 5 years record that is even far far better than what india had it is not what you go on past for only few years but whole record of india suggest they are lions at their own backyard and wet cat at foreign tours this is fact and agree with gough that india might have world's best batting no doubt but they also have one big big weakness in which bowling world's weakes bowling attack is india i have one question for you how many times india bowling defended low totals for india on handful times and even if they have done i think it must be 2 to 3 times and on bowling conditions if you want to be best you must have good bowling too

I have saved this thread by thanking your post.

Its a matter of months before we play in England against England.

Till then I will save my energy.

GB

yes sir jee beating NZ and WI even bangalis can do it but if you see english past 5 years record that is even far far better than what india had it is not what you go on past for only few years but whole record of india suggest they are lions at their own backyard and wet cat at foreign tours

So you are saying is that while gauging the winner of an upcoming series, one should look at 30 years old record? Does that even make sense? We are talking of now, the upcoming series between England and India. Read what Gough said. He is talking in the present tense.

True, before 2000 we had a horrible record outside the sub-continent. But thats what everybody here is trying to tell you - Things have changed since then!

agree with gough that india might have world's best batting no doubt but they also have one big big weakness in which bowling world's weakes bowling attack is india i have one question for you how many times india bowling defended low totals for india on handful times and even if they have done i think it must be 2 to 3 times and on bowling conditions if you want to be best you must have good bowling too
You saw how we defeated SA in the Centurion Test under seaming conditions. We have a more than capable attack in all conditions, provided they all stay fit. Of course as compared to England our pace bowling attack has lesser firepower. But then again, Bhajji with 300 Test wickets is better than Swann. And the batting evens the odds. I think the teams will be evenly matched.

yes as you say that pakistan never won in wc against india you all are saying by seing our old record against india why not we go and see indian old record in foreign country why double standards if 30 year old record favouring india you go and see it if record is against india you say why we see old record han similar thing can go witn tendulkar he scored those 50 centuries in 20 years time this time he get out in all inings on duck old record is very important i think by seeing tendulkar old record i think this time tendulkar will score tons of runs against england 100 percent sure but i also predict india will be more often be on loosing side as it is tendulkar always scored but with one guy scring is not enough to win a game and also bowlers do make difference which india dont have

sir ji indian bowling attack only going to perfom in seeimg condiition if you bring irish bowlers in similar condition they will also perfom they are counting on pitch to do job but not own their skills becoz they dont have any skill in their blood of bowling tell me how many indian faster bowlers took 5 wickets in test match all time all bowlers who played for india alone wasim and waqar total 5 wickets hauls will pass their 5 wickets hauls and dont count spin 5 hauls in it if you count spin than also count saqi and mushy 5 wicket hauls we stilll ge past you in this and when did last time and ho many times india bowlers win india matches on batting wickets answer is none

yes as you say that pakistan never won in wc against india you all are saying by seing our old record against india why not we go and see indian old record in foreign country why double standards if 30 year old record favouring india you go and see it if record is against india you say why we see old record han similar thing can go witn tendulkar he scored those 50 centuries in 20 years time this time he get out in all inings on duck old record is very important i think by seeing tendulkar old record i think this time tendulkar will score tons of runs against england 100 percent sure but i also predict india will be more often be on loosing side as it is tendulkar always scored but with one guy scring is not enough to win a game and also bowlers do make difference which india dont have

I dont know if you are addressing me or to all the Indians on this thread. Other members might have talked about Pakistan or India's old record but I was speaking strictly in terms of our record in the last decade. As GB's stats pointed out our results and capabilities in the away matches have increased considerably.

sir ji indian bowling attack only going to perfom in seeimg condiition if you bring irish bowlers in similar condition they will also perfom they are counting on pitch to do job but not own their skills becoz they dont have any skill in their blood of bowling
You gotta be kidding if you are comparing Irish bowlers with Indian pacers. You say Indian pacers have no skill of their own and rely on the pitch. So how did Irfan Pathan, a galli ka bacha according to your coach Javed Miandad, take a hat-trick against your team in Karachi? Was that an English or South African wicket?

tell me how many indian faster bowlers took 5 wickets in test match all time all bowlers who played for india alone wasim and waqar total 5 wickets hauls will pass their 5 wickets hauls and dont count spin 5 hauls in it if you count spin than also count saqi and mushy 5 wicket hauls we stilll ge past you in this and when did last time and ho many times india bowlers win india matches on batting wickets answer is none
You know statistics are a great tool. I told you in another thread to read and watch more cricket before making satements. Now that you have asked a question. here is the answer. Click here to view the names of Indian pace bowlers that have taken more than 5 wickets in an innings. For your information there are 24 Indian pace bowlers that have taken 5 or more wickets in an innings.

Our pace bowling record are no match for Pakistan's. Thats a fact. Pakistan has always been known for producing great fast bowlers and India for batsmen. But lets not needlessly create debates.

sir ji indian bowling attack only going to perfom in seeimg condiition if you bring irish bowlers in similar condition they will also perfom they are counting on pitch to do job but not own their skills becoz they dont have any skill in their blood of bowling tell me how many indian faster bowlers took 5 wickets in test match all time all bowlers who played for india alone wasim and waqar total 5 wickets hauls will pass their 5 wickets hauls and dont count spin 5 hauls in it if you count spin than also count saqi and mushy 5 wicket hauls we stilll ge past you in this and when did last time and ho many times india bowlers win india matches on batting wickets answer is none

:rofl:

Sirji, please realise one thing. Five wicket hauls do not show how good a bowler is. It just shows how pathetic his fellow bowlers are ;).

Bowling average, economy rate, strike rate etc., those are the true indicators of a good bowler, not 5 wicket hauls.

And why are you dissing on Indian bowling? They might not be the best in the world, but they are pretty competitive nowdays. They are big game performers and have helped us winning test matches against the best batting lineups in the recent history.

now you are saying it becoz you know how pathetic indian bowling attack is five wicets do matter most that your bowler is capable enough to win you match single handeedly and tell you what if you think 5 bowlers has to take 2 or 3 wickets each in indian team all the time thats why your bowling is pathetic becoz if one bowler has off clour day your whole team is going to be thrashed world's best all time great bowlers won the matches to their teams single handedly not sharing the wickets and even if you are talking on strike ates and averages of bowles even than indian bowlers going to struggle

pa ji if india need to win and become world's all time great team it should have good bowling attack other wise impossible for india becoz if you see 70s WI ruled the cricketing world by the help of bowlers than battera simiar thing done by auseies sinve 99 to 2009

pa ji if india need to win and become world's all time great team it should have good bowling attack other wise impossible for india becoz if you see 70s WI ruled the cricketing world by the help of bowlers than battera simiar thing done by auseies sinve 99 to 2009

Agree with you there. We need a good bowling attack. I think where we differ is regarding the quality of the attack. You think its average and most Indians including me think its above-average. But one thing is for sure, its not good let alone great.

the gap b/w the bowling attack of 70s WI and auseies since 99 to 2009 was huge campare to other teams ..
presently the bowling attack of top 3 teams is almost of same level..

therefore by vertue of better batting attack , india is No-1 in test from last one year and No-2 in ODI......

and i don't see the position changing over next few months..

as far as the thread title is concer , what Gough says is a breach of civilized manner of expressing views.....we had heard the same loose taking by SA after the first test match win , but taking has gon silence since then...

well if you look world's top 2 bowling attacks that world had i think pakistani wil get easily on it without any shadow of the doubt with wasim,waqar,abdul qadir,saqlain,mushtaq ahmed,imran,shoaib,MOHD AAMER,MOHD asif sir you name it we have them all in our bucket becoz of pakistan doosra,googly,reverse swing invented

hahahahah joke of the day he must have been 7-8 pegs down before writing this

Back
Top Bottom