What's new

Engineering questions and Answers, Engineers please visit

zavis2003

Reaction score
Well i found so many people of emgineering field here. And it is common that Engineer always traped in a problem of one kind or of other during his working , studing and seeks guidence.
Thats why i am going to open this thread here for all queries and answers

And hope all engineers should visit it.

Regards

OK i am In, lets see how many other Engineers we have on this forum.

v have plenty of engineers here, plenty of them, the only prob is "they dont answer"!!! and its always MF, who responds to engineer's thread :D, MF is our senior, and very helpful person!!!, i know a person here who is engineer too, but he responds why u PM him, i dont name him here, hes awesome!!, i just wanna tell him, hes the coolest

haha U571 i replied to your query regarding Mechatronics. See the thread

welcome metafalcon
well meta falcon what are your intersts ? what u think about electronics engineer future?

welcome metafalcon
well meta falcon what are your intersts ? what u think about electronics engineer future?

Avionics Dude its my Passion.

Well i am in my Final Year now and i hope i will graduate soon, Then i will think what to do.

i have a Q, related to engineer career, and it is, whts the scope of a UK graduated engineer in pakistan, esp aeronautics(salary esp starting). today i am very confused abt going to aeronautics, mechatronics, electronics or mechanical!!, i have in my mind, i want to serve abroad, in US, esp if i do aeronautics from a good UK universities and masters in US, i want to serve Lockheed Martin...... am i telling a joke here :D, i am esp concerned, abt doing job in pakistan or abroad!!, i have to choose such a field, which has scope in pakistan, but i really am enterested in robotics

i have a Q, related to engineer career, and it is, whts the scope of a UK graduated engineer in pakistan, esp aeronautics(salary esp starting). today i am very confused abt going to aeronautics, mechatronics, electronics or mechanical!!, i have in my mind, i want to serve abroad, in US, esp if i do aeronautics from a good UK universities and masters in US, i want to serve Lockheed Martin...... am i telling a joke here :D, i am esp concerned, abt doing job in pakistan or abroad!!, i have to choose such a field, which has scope in pakistan, but i really am enterested in robotics

First tell me how much you got in your FS.c and where do you live.

well i got an A, 77%, and i live in karachi, N nazimabad!!, and i am a NED student

77 % is really gud, If you live in Karachi then there are many universities in Karachi, You have to search for the One which Offers Electronics or Mechatronics, But remember the competition will "Cut Throat" and Merit will be really high for these fields.

I really don't know what NED stands for because i don't know much about Karachi as i live overseas.

Wish you best of Luck for your Future.

NED is OK, not gud, i am looking for studying abroad!!!, and i am preparing for it!!!, UK sounds gud to me!!

The University you go to matters, but only if you do the bare minimum to get the degree. If you go beyond that, if you learn more than the average engineering student by joining student groups and doing your own research/projects, you could be from the University of Timbaktu and you will get a great job.

Smart employers, especially in Canada, will look for engineers who have the capability to learn and a passion for engineering and the specific field they work in (such as Aerospace for Lockheed Martin).

If you want to get into aerospace, your best chances are Control, Communication, Energy Systems and Software. Control is involved in all aspects of aircraft design, and all modern technologies use extensive and very difficult control systems. Some examples are Thrust Vector Control of all types (ex. Vertical Take-off and Landing), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle design etc. If you like surveillance and RADAR technology, get into the Communication and software fields. The electronics used in avionics are not built by the aviation companies. They get them pre-built from companies like AMD, Intel, Qualcomm etc. So if you go into electronics (Digital or Analog) you will not learn anything directly applicable in the aviation industry. That said, the electronics industry is amazing as well, so don't keep a limited focus on aerospace alone.

Lastly, I wish you guys all the best in your studies. Engineering is one of the most thrilling and satisfying professions (right up there with fighter pilot, astronaut, ferrari test driver etc.) I have one year left with another year of internship before graduation, and Inshallah, after graduation I will be able to serve my country in whatever minute capacity that I am able to.

For your bachelors I rather suggest you to go core engineering like Mechanical or Electrical... In your masters you could choose whether you should go aeronotics or not.. I dont suggest electronics or mechatronics, these got all confused syllabus as well as confused job market.. You will learn enough tronics while you were in core mechnical or electrical which are enough for any employer... Regarding Lockheed.. they dont hire any non resident foreign national and you also need atleast class C security clearance for an entry. And if you are a born PK, you are most unlikely to get security clearance, even though you manage to get the residency somehow..

Good luck ... :cheers:

well dude i am agree with meta and PAFACE . the important thing is that U571 no body in future would give u assigmnt of making whole system of F16 or any thing esle.
Whatever the field u r going to adapt u will com across many branches
4 example in Electronic engg

1 Control and automation
2 Digital signal Processing
3 Opto electronics
4 VLSI CMOS TECH
NENO TECH
5 DIGI and Analog Comms
Now in the above fields no Electronic enginneer is master of all but one or two in which he would be xpert

and mastery means experience u got handling them

2ndly UK univsties hav no good standards
only America and australia
though imperial college. leed cambridge good but other lack things
Georgia tech is good for DSP
MIT is for CMOS VLSI RF etc.
Michigun khowns for image processing
etc
Ransellar is also a good option

if u remains here in pak NED is not good or bad it is student who make it it good or ba d
or unis has produced people who becam xaples for world
e.g Dr Shoaaib CASE NUST was DSP pro
set an example 4 u

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom