What's new

End of Congress ? and its effect on Indian policies

local elections are fought on different issues than the national ones. people vote differently for them . to say the congress is in decline would be wrong.
one could have said the same for the bjp after the 2009 elections but they have bounced back in UP and Goa . they have actually lost seats in Punjab to the SAD. and the Chief minister of the bjp in utharakand also lost him self.
as they say a week is a long time in politics , so considering the general elections are 2 yrs away . i would say its an eternity , and one cant speculate.

Congress was in very bad state in end of 1990-2000 decade after Narsimhrao's govt. But it bounced back after Sonia Gandhi joined.

So Oldest party has still some Aces left, Priyanka Gandhi hai, nahi to uske do bete hai. The dynasty is very big to finish.

For the record, I support A B Vajpayee's BJP.

I bet on Priyanka Gandhi Son/Daughter.. :P

why/how did SP won is the question everybody asking here

Well i came to know is durning previous mulyam raj whenever anybody wanted to get his work done by any gov employee he had to simply visit local hatch-men of party pay amount once and he got his job done

well in mayavati times this what not the case , as minister/mla/hatch men dirtected common men to get his work don by himself rather approaching mla/bsp hatch men. now did u got why it happened

i know its absurd theory but thats truth sadly

i heard from many people that under the samajwadi party , UP was ruled by mafias and goons earlier . People like DP yadav and Vikas Yadav ( Nitish katara murder) used to rule the roost . I cant understand how come they won again and that too so easily . can someone from UP please explain .

I am not from UP but I will try to explain
1. The Vote Maya lost went to SP. BJP and Khangress has no base in UP.
2. Maya Raj too was Gunda raj, those Gunda who left cycle, rode on Elephant.
3. Upper casts voted for SP and BSP, they didn't vote for BJP.
4. Muslims Who vote in bulk, voted for Mulayam, Mr Alvi from Kongress couldn't bring Muslim to Kongres. Even they offer 9% reservation and condolence on Batla house encounter.

Even i am not happy with SP rule, those gunda will again join SP and create havoc in UP. UP will become again Gunda Raj. Only this help me to pacify my frustration is failure of "Prince of Persia". The prince failed miserably, now he will hide his face under some cover. It gives me hope that we will get rid of corrupt congress govt by 2014.

2. Maya Raj too was Gunda raj, those Gunda who left cycle, rode on Elephant.
Wrong. The only problem in Maya's rule was corruption, that broke all the previous records. She demanded huge money from her MPs/MLAs during her birthdays etc. who then had to scrape that money out of the local traders/shop owners etc.
But there was no Gundaraj in her rule, infact most of the gundas from my nearby areas -- Merrut, Muradnagar etc were killed in encounters within the few months of her coming into the power. There was this one guy from Murad Nagar who i knew personally, who was shot dead by police once maya came into power.

P.S. when I say there was no gundaraj, i say that in relative to the one that we experienced under Mulayam previously.

I agree with the rest of ure points.

Woohoooo...

At last, people taught a lesson to this super corrupt, communal party..

And people voted for good governance in punjab,uttarkhand and goa...

with 45 lakh unemployed in Punjab and state dept of over 70,000 crore............you can hardly say Governance of punjab as good.
studity of congress (mostly at center level) cost them punjab.
According to me , Loss of punjab was due to following Points......

1) Congress went after "Ram Rahim" for votes, which upset even the moderates in Punjab. ( stupids ........Sikhs have not forgotten how that person copied 10th Guru)

2) over- confidence ( took people for guranted that the govt. changes after every time)

3) candidates selected by the Sonia madam Prince Baby at new delhi..............away from ground reality.........many deserving ones were rejected.............many rebelled...........some even won (eg- Rajniesh Kumar won as indepentent in Mukherian by over 15,000 votes.......congress came third)some came second crossing the official candidates.....There were over 20 rebels in Congress

4) Bad image of Candidates .....eg - In my hometown a own gunda was fielded by congress.........which forced people including me to vote to opposite side.........result SAD candidate won by over 22,000 votes.

5) Trip of Rahul Baba................people of Punjab dont like Gandhis ( due to 1931 and 1984 ) ...........where ever he went along with his mama ...........official candidate lost very badly (lol)

6) wrong doings of Center government eg- corruption scandals , ANNA HAZARE , Ramdev etc

7) strict control of media by Badals .....Eg- they own PTC news and DIGI cable...........all other Punjabi news channels were banned like Punjab Today, Day and night news etc.

8) Freebies given by Badals ....eg- the paid pension Of Rs 1,000 to numberdar of every village, Rs 2,000 to every Sarpanch ..........Being the influencial persons in their village they made people vote for Akalis ( including my Grandpa........although a die hard akali ...still they were extra active during this time due to this pension......)

9) Manpreet Badal / PPP factor worked against congress..............the communist vote Bank that used to go to congress went to PPP ( i feel said for Manpreet....he lost ...he was fired from Akali dal for telling the truth of financial health of Punjab)

Its muslim vote bank which played a deciding role in this election...muslims voted overwhelming for SP.
Khangress was never in race...it was always BSP vs SP

so now that elections are over i am expecting a rise in petrol prices , another old kongressi tactic .

Peoples' loyalty to ethnic/regional/religious identity is showing.

One of my cousin was waiting for Mulayam Yadav's government for giving his Inter exams fromlast 2 years, now he is confident that he will pass.

For UP it is Aasman se Gira Khazur me atka.

End of Congress, NO.

Dark time ahead for UP.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

All the goondas in western UP are either supporter of SP or RLD.

This is what i have been hearing about SP since long now yet they won so easily . how come so many people of UP voted for them ? UP is a lost case .

Btw , which city are you from ?

SP has not done well in urban centers.Some bloody villager would be in a better position to tell why he voted for SP.

By UP standards mayawati has done good work for UP.

Now get ready for goonda-raj and ambani cartelization of UP.

SP has won 225, now I think more 25 MLA will join them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom