What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
joining the forum after 5 days.....

Aid to Pakistan Not Likely to Be Cut Yet
By The Associated Press
LAW ALLOWS AID: The Bush administration has concluded it is not legally required to cut or suspend hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to Pakistan despite President Pervez Musharraf's imposition of a state of emergency.
WAIVERS: U.S. assistance to Pakistan is governed by legislative requirements that could trigger automatic aid cutoffs, but all are covered by locked-in presidential waivers, said officials familiar with a government-wide review.
STILL POSSIBLE: The initial findings do not mean aid to Pakistan will never be cut, only that there is currently no statutory reason to do so, officials said.

:angry: where is my Treat NOW
Neoooooooo :D

Lijiye! :smitten:

Hit Song

92986bc62ec911cf497bfd491c82d9f9.jpg

most of the, british, and european media were mostly biased.
they only look into most of asian afairs with one eye theoery.

1 by 1, USA,is trying to put its demands accepted.
by gen. mushraf and how long he is, willing to accept USAs demands.

how much gen. musharf can take the heat , its good tht he jst, gout .
pakistan realy , is going to become a state with sattalite, remote control to
USA, is pakistan army ready to cut its militry aid.
i think that , it is fare to think that even afer the expected comming
elections , the losing parties will countinue the , on going protest.

so , what is the solution ?????

Why was Imran Khan, who was to address the students at the College, handed over to the police by the student affiliated to the Jamaait?

The Jamiat literally carries a lot of power in Punjab Uni. They say their writ was challenged as he took over a protest that they had organized. They claim to be non-aligned to any political party (but since they are mullah-like they were expected to lean towards MMA/Imran Khan).

"What is a constitution? It is a booklet with twelve or ten pages. I can tear them away and say that tomorrow we shall live under a different system. Today, the people will folow wherever I lead ." All the politicians including the once mighty Mr.Bhutto will follow me with tails wagging"

PAKISTAN - A DREAM GONE SOUR

Gen Zia-Ul-Hag Traitor

The lowest traitor on earth.

I dont have the gray hair but I will reveal all of the history of these tyrants.
Interceptor, smile a little.

You seem like a nice patriotic person. I just don't like to see all this bitterness ruin you.

Not a big fan of Zia myself. All the screwed up laws, the hanging of Bhutto, the formation of the madrassas, all contribute to his disastrous rule. I've always pegged him as a stupid man, not a treacherous man though.

I've also heard about his affairs with the then American Ambassador. Is that true?

You seem like a nice patriotic person. I just don't like to see all this bitterness ruin you.

Not a big fan of Zia myself. All the screwed up laws, the hanging of Bhutto, the formation of the madrassas, all contribute to his disastrous rule. I've always pegged him as a stupid man, not a treacherous man though.

I've also heard about his affairs with the then American Ambassador. Is that true?

Zia was a criminal, a man obsessed with power, yet he was not entirely to blame as he was mostly influenced by his advisor's.

Zia is a classic example of someone who bites the hand that feeds them, i hope he burns in hell and there is no forgiveness for a wicked and evil man. He deserved what he got when he got blown to pieces.

When your country is brought to its knees by dictator its hard to smile. You don't support Zia I understand that, however, you support Zia's creation I don't understand that, Musharraf is using Zia's constitutional amendments to remain in power. And Musharraf is using the same tags that previous dictators and collaborators have used "Muslim League", this is the very name that was denied to be used by Quaid-e-Azam Fatima Jinnah and these are the repeats of our dark history.

Affair with Zia and an American Ambassador.
I have never heard of that but knowing what Zia has done you never can rule out the impossible.

I know this though I read it in a archived news paper when India took over Siachen Glacier, Zia responded in this sense "O well that is a pity they have invaded on a land that can not be used for any means, I don't see any reason to fight for it" mind you this what I can remember resiting. The General was so fed up with the country that he didn't even care if the enemy attacked it.

When your country is brought to its knees by dictator its hard to smile. You don't support Zia I understand that, however, you support Zia's creation I don't understand that, Musharraf is using Zia's constitutional amendments to remain in power. And Musharraf is using the same tags that previous dictators and collaborators have used "Muslim League", this is the very name that was denied to be used by Quaid-e-Azam Fatima Jinnah and these are the repeats of our dark history.

Affair with Zia and an American Ambassador.
I have never heard of that but knowing what Zia has done you never can rule out the impossible.

I know this though I read it in a archived news paper when India took over Siachen Glacier, Zia responded in this sense "O well that is a pity they have invaded on a land that can not be used for any means, I don't see any reason to fight for it" mind you this what I can remember resiting. The General was so fed up with the country that he didn't even care if the enemy attacked it.

Musharrif is another copy of zia, another brutal dictator, another man trying to pull wool over eyes with promise of employment jobs and prosperity. He is no better then other military general who forced their rule on to the nation of pakistan. On here people syspathise with miliatry when they are killed, well they bring it upon then selves by supporting and keeping a dictator in power. No sympathy for pakistani soldiers that die, because they were the ones who supported the dictatorship of musharrif.

Musharrif is another copy of zia, another brutal dictator, another man trying to pull wool over eyes with promise of employment jobs and prosperity. He is no better then other military general who forced their rule on to the nation of pakistan. On here people syspathise with miliatry when they are killed, well they bring it upon then selves by supporting and keeping a dictator in power. No sympathy for pakistani soldiers that die, because they were the ones who supported the dictatorship of musharrif.

A brutal dictator who allows elections to go ahead? A brutal dictator who allows politicians who will stand against him into the country? A brutal dictator who gave the media freedom?

If this was Zia people like Bhutto and Sharif would only be allowed back into the country so they could be executed.

I wonder what you propose that would be better then what's happening now.

If you have no feelings for dead Pakistani Soldiers then I suggest you remove that Pakistani flag from your avatar and replace it with something more suitable.

‘Groundwork for lifting emergency in final stages’
:tup:

ISLAMABAD, Dec 9: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Nisar A. Memon said on Sunday that the groundwork for lifting emergency as per the announcement made by President Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf was in final stages.

“Federal Minister for Law Syed Afzal Haider is looking into the legal aspects (of the issue) and (the outcome of his efforts) will be made public as soon as possible,” said the minister after the prize distribution ceremony for the Federal Amateur Golf Championship at the Islamabad Golf Club here.

He said that preparations were being made to meet the requirements for holding elections on Jan 8 and no individual or party should have any doubt over the government’s resolve to hold elections on time.

Answering a question, Mr Memon said the armed forces had flushed out terrorist elements from Swat and its adjoining areas, besides seizing equipment of illegal radio stations.

“Law and order situation in Swat district is improving. The electioneering process has been launched in the area and dozens of candidates have submitted their nomination papers. We are facing an enormous situation as the country is facing international terrorism as well as negative international propaganda campaign.

“We have to tackle both,” he said and added that around 290 terrorists had been killed in Swat. The army would remain in the areas until the chief minister of NWFP desired for it to remain. When asked whether the government was considering calling in armed forces for elections in other areas of the country, the minister said it was premature to comment on such a possibility. However, the armed forces had been requested to help the civilian government when needed, he said

‘Groundwork for lifting emergency in final stages’ -DAWN - Top Stories; December 10, 2007

Back
Top Bottom