What's new

Emergency declared in parts of Egypt after polio spreads from Pakistan

A lot of misconceptions about the mode of transmission of polio, anyway this isn't a medical forum so not necessary to rectify.

Genetic analysis linking the viruses to one that was last seen in Pakistan does not necessarily mean that virus hails from Pakistan.

Dear, Migration of people spread the disease like Polio in various regions of the world.

That could be factor not an absolute cause. People from Pakistan migrate to various parts of the world, how many times polio virus has shown up in other regions too? I mean US, Canada, Europe, Australia etc?

Its because of Some pakistanis who travelled to Egypt . Read the reports by egypt , Pakistan and UN itself .

Nay sir! Pakistanis travel to US and Europe in thousands - How many times the virus has made it to the guts of locals?

A lot of misconceptions about the mode of transmission of polio, anyway this isn't a medical forum so not necessary to rectify. Genetic analysis linking the viruses to one that was last seen in Pakistan does not necessarily mean that virus hails from Pakistan.
That could be factor not an absolute cause. People from Pakistan migrate to various parts of the world, how many times polio virus has shown up in other regions too? I mean US, Canada, Europe, Australia etc?
I am not accusing anyone. And I don't find responsible other than terrorists, and failure of Government.

But as far as migration is considered, its quite an important factor, not absolute, of course. All those who migrate are not infected. If out of 1 million people, 1 person is infected, he/she might spread at one place, rest regions won't see any sort of outbreak. Even that one infected might not infect anyone.

India done a wonderful job in Polio eradication.. Hats off to those volunteers.. They gone house hold to house hold looking for children for polio vaccination..

Nay sir! Pakistanis travel to US and Europe in thousands - How many times the virus has made it to the guts of locals?

U.S. and Europe may be following , what India is following . Giving Polio Meds to Pakistani Kids who Immigrate . Egyptians on the other hand were not so smart .

U.S. and Europe may be following , what India is following . Giving Polio Meds to Pakistani Kids who Immigrate . Egyptians on the other hand were not so smart .

And the Strain has been traced back to Pakistani city if Sukkur . You must be Implying WHO , Egyptians and Pakistani experts are conspiring to come to this conclusion but i feel they are smart enough to know to do their jobs .

I guess we are yet to find out.If you don't eradicate the polio virus it will happen sooner or later.Its only a matter of time.Also remember how polio was reintroduced in China from Pakistan in recent years.So this is not an isolated incident.

I guess we are yet to find out.If you don't eradicate the polio virus it will happen sooner or later.Its only a matter of time.Also remember how polio was reintroduced in China from Pakistan in recent years.So this is not an isolated incident.

When did this happen ??

I guess, the killing of the volunteers seriously affected the Pakistani efforts to eradicate Polio.. Without the help of the volunteers and local people, one cannot make it a sucess.

Fatwa against polio vacciantion also affected India to some extend but govt initiated advertisements and educating people helped changing people mindset..

The round up is Pakistan is in Focus so We need to take precautions on Government Levels that is availability of staff and on Public level mothers with children must be educated and forced to take their children to nearest Hospitals.

I Find Health Card must become A standard just like in Canada-US or developed Nations. Computerized Cards that Auto Updates-Alerts Government Health department in Areas and can send letters to families that its time for vaccinations/boosters and other treatments. It is all incompetency of Government of Pakistan.

I guess, the killing of the volunteers seriously affected the Pakistani efforts to eradicate Polio.. Without the help of the volunteers and local people, one cannot make it a sucess.

Fatwa against polio vacciantion also affected India to some extend but govt initiated advertisements and educating people helped changing people mindset..

Recently I read this article about the polio somewhere which has this funny statement.
"All viruses fight back against their eradication.Polio virus is the only one with a propaganda wing and an armed militias on its side".:lol:

Dear, Migration of people spread the disease like Polio in various regions of the world.

ok i agree KRAIT but then y dint migration of millions of ppl frm India to Pakistan in 1947 spread schizophrnia in Pakistan?:what:

And the Strain has been traced back to Pakistani city if Sukkur . You must be Implying WHO , Egyptians and Pakistani experts are conspiring to come to this conclusion but i feel they are smart enough to know to do their jobs .

If you think, by vaccinating a child you kill the virus in the body then you're terribly mistaken. What you or us are following on airport is useless, nothing more than a solace - it's just immunizations, got nothing to do with killing the virus in the body. West doesn't follow such tactics, they either ask for the certificate of immunization at the time of grating visa or immunize the child in their own country (not on airports) and most of the time it is not a prerequisite.

So what if the strain has been traced back to Pakistan? Strains are ubiquitous, it's just that one particular strain has reported in particular part of Pakistan. Genetic analysis linking the Egyptian viruses to one that was last seen in Pakistan is not a reason enough to ascertain that virus hails from Pakistan.

Agree! Pakistan got to put her best to eradicate polio from Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom