What's new

EMALS alone will force India to go for Nuclear Propulsion for INS Vishal: Naval Source

I have the feelings its related to P75I. Not servicing industry.
I knew your were referring to construction of additional ones, I was just pointing out that there is also an untapped big opportunity in service sector.
Though I don't think it is related to P75I, P75i will most likely see a Type216 vs Improved Lada competition.

EMALs will come with launch software coded to give an excellent level of control to the United States over the Indian carrier.

Source code will be given. It will obviously be 'stripped', grant us our C5I2 capabilities. These apprehensions have been negated already with C-17s and C-130s. We will not go Israeli way. On similar lines, your F-16s also have autonomous operational deployment, do you see any action/success by US in trying to 'control' your deployments?

He is either from Hyderabad or Bangalore.

No they will be similar to the P8i, Apache & Chinook India is buying.

Not exactly, this happens in the case when planes come in the form of donations like the f16s. Even receiving the handouts is a great blessing. .forget about what kill switches are built in.

Not when they are bought with hard cash, thoroughly evaluated, and when the manufacturers have R&D and production centers in India.

30 years... and how many are serving in IAF ?

LCA was conceptualized in 80s. But the 90s saw only money for revenue expenditure in armed forces and none for capital expenditure due to economic liberalization and reforms. The armed forces didn't have tyres and engines for their vehicles, let alone funds for development of LCA. Whatever funds were available were dedicated to missile and nuclear tech (and that was miniscule amount) The actual funds for the projects i.e. LCA et al only started in post 2000 scenario under NDA - 1. So in a period of 17 - 18 years it is impressive to see the aircraft achieve this much.

Point being? That 1.2 crore is equivalent of pay in US Dollars. That's approx. 190500 US Dollars per year plus change (give and take a few). The average starting salary of Indian doctor completing his/her residency is 210000 US Dollars or 1.3 crores plus. Irrelevant point.

However, I agree with your contention about source code being given. Additionally, for US to be able to use this source code to control India, it shall need a viable access into the system. With the amount of integration of Indian naval ships into the network other than their intranet, this is next to impossible. We have not gone in for seamless integration like US precisely for this reason. Our integration is limited to the naval systems. At best we have a tough time accessing across the armed forces in normal time, let US try it!

I know someone who informed me L&T Kattupalli shipyard is updating itself for Kilo class subs :D

Nope. Wrong info.

Its for SSNs and SSBNs.

met a group captain from the IAF while traveling to my native last night. He was from the maintenance command. He kept saying, our metallurgical expertise is rubbish. Till we get that in place, we can develop all the designs in the world but not the engine and the major components. How true is this? And are we doing anything for solving this?

True. The main reason is the poor QA and no repercussions for shoddy work. DRDO and HAL along with our OFBs are notorious for that.

Good point. The son won't be the issue as evidenced at Pathankot.. The 50m will be.

What a cheap shot even for the standards of low standard posts in this forum.

Are you sure? Then we can breath a sigh of relief. There were never any rumors off kill codes on any Indian aircrafts...as they were about Pakistani F-16s.

Guess American don't really trust you with their weapons...even have their own personal deployed on your airbases to monitor those F-16s.

There are no kill codes in either forces platforms. The level of net integration negates any 'kill' codes.

Yes, and kilo is the 2nd most popular submarine in the world ( Type 209s having the largest presence). And their lies huge business opportunities for us, if our ship yards successfully upgrade and overhaul the submarines we can present our self in the whole world as there are kilo operators all around the globe. Same with the Type 209s, if we successfully upgrade the two submarines we can again advertise as a global service center for these two kind. Together Type 209 and Kilos are more than 100 in service.

HSL is doing the work on Kilo for some years now.

Get the context first before replying, you think I don't have a calculator?.

I got the context you have posted in .... but your point is untenable in the overall perspective of the posts so far. That is why I specifically quoted on this aspect.

As I have said in my quote, I agree exactly with what you have posted.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom