What's new

🏆 Elon Musk to get the last laugh as ultra-ambitious Tesla Model Y prediction comes true [being the #1 selling car in the world]

There is Toyota which is more affordable.

Not for long. You'll be lucky to find one a few years from now at the price they are today.

According to Electric Viking, Ford, GM, BMW and Toyota are selling their gas cars in China at a loss. It's not sustainable.

At least the American adn European makers have their EV plan. The Japanese have their heads buried in sand, they will be the biggest loser. It's not looking good for the Japanese automakers and Japanese economy either.

Unfortunately for the Japanese history is repeating itself. The Japanese dominated home entertainment systems like tvs, VCRs, CD players, turntables, cassette players, and speakers. That just melted away when stereo TVs and cable became standard.

Traditional carmakers are in big trouble and don't even realize it. They are like flip-phone makers writing off Apple's iPhone as just some high end phone that the average cheapskate person will never spend money for.

US iPhone sales:
2007: 0% marketshare
2009: 25%
2012: 35%
2013: 40%
2016: 45%
2021: 50%
2023: 55%

iphone.png

Last edited:
Not for long. You'll be lucky to find one a few years from now at the price they are today.

Unfortunately for the Japanese history is repeating itself. The Japanese dominated home entertainment systems like tvs, VCRs, CD players, turntables, cassette players, and speakers. That just melted away when stereo TVs and cable became standard.

Traditional carmakers are in big trouble and don't even realize it. They are like flip-phone makers writing off Apple's iPhone as just some high end phone that the average cheapskate person will never spend money for.

US iPhone sales:
2007: 0% marketshare
2009: 25%
2012: 35%
2013: 40%
2016: 45%
2021: 50%
2023: 55%

View attachment 929175

I agree and am aware of what's happening. We are witnessing another Nokia moment unfolding right before our eyes. GM, Ford may manage to survive because the US govt. may give them a bailout. Same may happen for some EU carmakers. But the Japanese are in serious trouble. I clearly remember how dominant Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi were in the 90s and how they were totally crushed by the meteoric rise of Samsung and LG in the early to late 2000s. They were electronic giants and almost all consumers wanted to have their electronic goods if they could afford it. They fell from it. Now it's time to lose their auto giants like Toyota. Toyota's last CEO and the new one, the sh1t they are speaking, it literally sounds like they are living under a rock. They are still talking about hydrogen and selling majority of their gasoline cars until 2030, WTF?

I agree and am aware of what's happening. We are witnessing another Nokia moment unfolding right before our eyes. GM, Ford may manage to survive because the US govt. may give them a bailout. Same may happen for some EU carmakers. But the Japanese are in serious trouble. I clearly remember how dominant Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi were in the 90s and how they were totally crushed by the meteoric rise of Samsung and LG in the early to late 2000s. They were electronic giants and almost all consumers wanted to have their electronic goods if they could afford it. They fell from it. Now it's time to lose their auto giants like Toyota. Toyota's last CEO and the new one, the sh1t they are speaking, it literally sounds like they are living under a rock. They are still talking about hydrogen and selling majority of their gasoline cars until 2030, WTF?

They were already dead before Samsung and LG became popular. They were done in when stereo tvs and cable became ubiquitous. No reason for everybody to spend $2000 on all this sound equipment anymore when you have a stereo tv with decent sound, cable, and MTV.

I remember how theft usually involved people getting their stereo equipment stolen and then sold out of the trunk of some car in an alley. Those days were over by the mid 1990's.

marketshare.png

They were already dead before Samsung and LG became popular. They were done in when stereo tvs and cable became ubiquitous. No reason for everybody to spend $2000 on all this sound equipment anymore when you have a stereo tv with decent sound, cable, and MTV.

I remember how theft usually involved people getting their stereo equipment stolen and then sold out of the trunk of some car in an alley. Those days were over by the mid 1990's.

View attachment 929186

The Japanese economy is heavily reliant on their auto industry and the ancillary and linkage industries that supply the auto industries. If they lose the auto industry, it's going to be a death sentence for the Japanese economy. It's not looking good for Japan.

Many Americans established the Occupy Wall Street movement in 2011 and wanted the end of the New York Stock Exchange and of Capitalism itself and here you are, an Indian, chanting "Tesla stocks ki jai". Don't be "Baygaani shaadi may Abdullah deewana". :lol:
Ocupy Wallstreet and similar movements died because they didn't make any sense.
Just like you don't.

Why would i be writing about non-American cars in the Americas forum?

Why don't you go and write about it in the Asia forums if you think there is something "pro" to be said.

In fact if you have a problem with anything pro-US or Americas why don't you just stick with reading the Bangladesh threads so you don't get your nerves easily twitched?

What exactly do you expect to be seeing from people from the Americas posting in the Americas forum? Mostly negative articles maybe???? Geez.

Wow I guess you think the numbers are lying...or do you just not want to open your eyes?

Well hey it's trying to be the best selling car. It never claimed it was going to have a 100% marketshare.

..and if you had actually looked at the current price you would have seen that with incentives it is actually less that $40,000 now (excluding taxes..which even with them aren't going to bring it north of $50,000 anyway)

View attachment 925645

So with $46,990 + the other fees you can subtract out the following:
View attachment 925646

my state adds another $3,500 incentive

View attachment 925647

so subtracting ($7,500+$3,500) $11,000 is not something to laugh at. That brings the car into the high $30's.

The cars you mentioned aren't exactly a bargain either...and they aren't even eligible to get the full $7,500 either.

View attachment 925649
View attachment 925648
It's Tesla all the way bro. They have changed the game of cars for ever. Just look at their OPM, No one can match it.

me taking a sip of my tea, realizing can't even afford a used freaking tesla, Lexus Zindabad for now :D :usflag:

me taking a sip of my tea, realizing can't even afford a used freaking tesla, Lexus Zindabad for now :D :usflag:

I am waiting for the prices to drop, maybe another 3 years. Just got a new Merc last year, don't want to spend that much money for a Model Y just as yet.

It's Tesla all the way bro. They have changed the game of cars for ever. Just look at their OPM, No one can match it.

It's EV all the way.

Our Japanese friends disagree though. See Honda CEO below, talk about losing one's marbles:

The big highlight of the month was the Tesla Model Y leading the overall market, but let’s look closer at April’s plugin top 5:

Back
Top Bottom