What's new

Elephant in the pakistan room!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am agnostic, not Hindu. Artists portray ordinary people and divinity alike in nude form, because the essence of art is the statement of the artist.

As for it being wrong to paint 'our' goddesses nude, if you had a thimbleful of knowledge, you would know that divinity is not material, God does not exist in the various forms that we depict her, those depictions are just the way ignorant humans try to visualise divinity, something they never can do.

If Hindus were so sensitive about nudity, there would be no Lingala worship. A Linga is a male penis within a vagina, and is depicted very realistically, so what are you objecting to?

Sir our gods and goddesses are never nude. How we can keep quiet is people like husain paint them nude? They should be lucky that we do not blow up people or cut their heads off. But there is a limit.

Same here. I would never have got it, even on a good day. :)

what is wrong. Its an expression of free speech. You can paint mohammed and ayesha nude too, whether some religion allows it or not is not the issue.

They do paint Hazrat Mohammed in Iran.

But then to some Pakistanis, the Iranians and their version of Islam are hateful anyway.

The author is among the few sane voices left in the zoo. :tup:

Oh, there are many sane voices; many more than you and I know of.
But the tragedy is that they are silent.
Or is it that they have been bludgeoned and bulldozed into silence?

@Spring Onion A BJP minister objected it and since he has some influence, got those paintings removed. He wasn't burnt alive for that.

Why he would be burnt alive since majority Hindus supported removing it.

try abusing hindu godesses and if the abuser is a Muslim then we will see what happen

BTW nudity in temple architecture is different than Goddesses Lakshmi, Parvati etc. We worship them so objecting it is nothing wrong. It democracy where people can object. Those whom we call Maa Parvati, Maa Sarasvati, if someone uses art form, then I can ask that person to not do it as it may hurt few people's sentiments and can cause more trouble.

Same applies to my RELIGION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir our gods and goddesses are never nude. How we can keep quiet is people like husain paint them nude? They should be lucky that we do not blow up people or cut their heads off. But there is a limit.

What? we are talking about response of govt, and govt has nothing to do with it. You are free to do whatever you want, just like talibans who kill people for administering polio drops. I wont claim 'pakistan' has put restriction on polio drops, and GoI has put restriction on nude paintings of god/goddess/prophet/hiswife.

My exact point as well. why someone who hates Islam should offend the entire community by taking shots at my religion on the basis of acts of individuals.

and sorry no excuses if you insult my religion i wont use abuses but will quote your own religion and practices to show you the mirror simple as that.

i dint twist words or tongue.

You insult my religion then dont expect respect in return.

Why don't you answer this question,Why are so insecure??
Why do you have to defend the even the most objectionable and extremist practices in your community by attacking others religion.

Dude, it does interfere with their success. They got served in the silver platter - all that black gold that world cannot do without. And what do we see today - Saudis dictated by US. Iranians threatened by Israelis. US turning Yemen into a crater. Countless examples.

What you ought to do is look at Malsi from a rational point of view (Well you can never do that, I know it for a fact. And you cannot achieve that unless you discard the belief that Malsi came straight from the heavens, and that you never will).

But how others look at it - The elephant may be fine, but the mahout is funny. He thinks the elephant is a desert animal, and is supposed to live that way, and continue the traditions of an underdeveloped and acutely under-resourced society of 1400 years ago well into the 21st century.

Today's society in the Arabian region has matured many folds compared to the day Malsi's birth. And yet that society never ceases to shock us on everyday basis.

You think if Black gold is discovered in Pak tomorrow, it would end the culture of corruption?

If an Arab cop pulls you over, there is no chance you can get away by bribing him. He is honest to his duty. Something unheard of in Pakistan from a cop.

My exact point as well. why someone who hates Islam should offend the entire community by taking shots at my religion on the basis of acts of individuals.

and sorry no excuses if you insult my religion i wont use abuses but will quote your own religion and practices to show you the mirror simple as that.

i dint twist words or tongue.

You insult my religion then dont expect respect in return.

You don't wait for an insult before insulting others, so what makes you come out with these pious speeches?

Would you like to answer my question about linga worship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom