What's new

Electricity price increased by 4.85 rupess

بجلی 4 روپے 85 پیسے فی یونٹ چینی 9 روپے مہنگی گھی 15 روپے مہنگا مہنگائی نہیں ہوئی بس قیمتیں بڑھی ہیں

Faced with a certain defeat at the No-Confidence vote, Imran khan froze the prices of petrol and decreased the prices of electricity a few days ago, in spite of PDM, and in breaking commitment to the IMF, he was actually planting political mines for the incoming Government......just like PML did when they lowered taxes in the last budget they presented.

The first thing that SS must do is bring the prices of petrol/diesel at par and bind the cost of electricity to cost of generation; produce electricity through cheap local coal and imported gas so that the prices of electricity eventually are lowered.

However, the real local atomic mine that Imran Khan has left is the massive 2.5 Trillion circular debt; managing this effectively will not be short of a job done supremely well.
I agree with you about this but truthfully it’s a small but politically difficult subsidy. I never supported IK doing it but in the few weeks it’s been run, it hasn’t been as expensive as Dars horrible fixing of rupee which had multi year consequences for reserves, exports, CAD. One could argue the only reason was the NCM and inflation being the primary criticism against Ik. This move was done to try to control it. There were no moves like this done prior with a general subsidy to the masses as opposed to a targeted one. But I cannot defend a bad move.

The circular debt growth has been mostly arrested but the cause is clearly in the horrible contracts signed by PMLN. Many have been renegotiated which has brought the accumulation rate down. Until the contracts run out, 10 years or so, we will be paying the price of this stupidity done from 2013-2018.

Agree with cheap local coal but imported gas is anything but cheap. If anything it’s prohibitively expensive. Ideally renewable sources like hydro are best, along with nuclear (give PML credit for signing K2,K3) renewable.

While we are topic of energy, Can someone explain Sahiwal coal to me? What was the purpose of making a coal plant needing imported coal (FX drain) with fixed tarif payments (Fx drain) 1000 km from the nearest port (Fx drain of oil used in trucks to carry coal) just this one brain fart is more expensive than IKs subsidizing oil for a few weeks - which I disagree with.

Faced with a certain defeat at the No-Confidence vote, Imran khan froze the prices of petrol and decreased the prices of electricity a few days ago, in spite of PDM, and in breaking commitment to the IMF, he was actually planting political mines for the incoming Government......just like PML did when they lowered taxes in the last budget they presented.

The first thing that SS must do is bring the prices of petrol/diesel at par and bind the cost of electricity to cost of generation; produce electricity through cheap local coal and imported gas so that the prices of electricity eventually are lowered.

However, the real local atomic mine that Imran Khan has left is the massive 2.5 Trillion circular debt; managing this effectively will not be short of a job done supremely well.

What thr solution to 1.4 trillion debt going up to 2.5(from 12b$ to 15b$)

Cheap power from dams/hydro elecectric projects

Hopefully PMLN will not stop dasu bhasha and munda dam and I BEG please DONT SIGN MORE 20% RR PROJECTS ۔۔

The same can be said of u...
...when PTI raised prices for gas, electricity, petrol, etc.
U all were like "ghareeb awam ko loot liya"...now when it happens under non PTI govt...it's all halal.
Why do PTIans see in binaries only? How hard it is to understand that criticizing PTI doesnt make me a ppp or PMln supporter. Who is U here?

I agree with you about this but truthfully it’s a small but politically difficult subsidy. I never supported IK doing it but in the few weeks it’s been run, it hasn’t been as expensive as Dars horrible fixing of rupee which had multi year consequences for reserves, exports, CAD. One could argue the only reason was the NCM and inflation being the primary criticism against Ik. This move was done to try to control it. There were no moves like this done prior with a general subsidy to the masses as opposed to a targeted one. But I cannot defend a bad move.

The circular debt growth has been mostly arrested but the cause is clearly in the horrible contracts signed by PMLN. Many have been renegotiated which has brought the accumulation rate down. Until the contracts run out, 10 years or so, we will be paying the price of this stupidity done from 2013-2018.

Agree with cheap local coal but imported gas is anything but cheap. If anything it’s prohibitively expensive. Ideally renewable sources like hydro are best, along with nuclear (give PML credit for signing K2,K3) renewable.

While we are topic of energy, Can someone explain Sahiwal coal to me? What was the purpose of making a coal plant needing imported coal (FX drain) with fixed tarif payments (Fx drain) 1000 km from the nearest port (Fx drain of oil used in trucks to carry coal) just this one brain fart is more expensive than IKs subsidizing oil for a few weeks - which I disagree with.
There is no logic. Sahiwal coal is the dumbest thing- only purpose seems political to showcase something to voters in central punjab.

Bro he was removed from office by "mehngai mukaao" march. There is somewhere irony there. Please find it.
My statement stands, the ptian who had no issue of any price hike are the ones now opening thread showing concern for poor people. Threads pr threads hain idr k kis tarah har price hike ko justify kia PTI walon ne. Ab kiun rona arha hai inko?

Aur dosri bat k IK ki sari campaign was against corruption and mehngai. Dono ki ranking main mashAllah oper he gye hain hum. Irony died a painful death long ago.

My statement stands, the ptian who had no issue of any price hike are the ones now opening thread showing concern for poor people. Threads pr threads hain idr k kis tarah har price hike ko justify kia PTI walon ne. Ab kiun rona arha hai inko?

Aur dosri bat k IK ki sari campaign was against corruption and mehngai. Dono ki ranking main mashAllah oper he gye hain hum. Irony died a painful death long ago.

I have extensively talked to PMLN and PTI suporters

BOTH dont care as long as their parties do it
As BOTH are not kids
They understand int. pricing

Also PMLN supporters doesnt care corruption as they beleive its part of govt responsibility to get its share/skim off the top
Totally immune to mehengai hogai politics? Or just partisan to their own party interests? Or did you speak to more educated folk?

I, as a PTIan, back PML-N to remove all subsidies promptly. I, as a PTIan, will not do any politics on this matter. Thanks in advance. Give hosla to SS to the necessary. Be the GOAT!

Should i start quoting IK who said 40 rupay petrol hona chahiye?
Or fawad ch who says helicopter rides cost 55 rs/km?
sure quote from last 2 month even in 2018 before pti coming to power that would be June 2018. Kindly share waiting.

Back
Top Bottom