What's new

Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated across India on Friday

Aka123

Reaction score
Country
India
eid_mubarak_295.jpg

New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the fasting month of Ramzan, will be celebrated across the country on Friday.

The announcement came after a meeting of Qadeem Royat Hilal Committee headed by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid today.

"The Eid moon has been sighted today in various places across the country. Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated tomorrow," Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid, told PTI.

Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar, is observed as a fasting period by Muslims who abstain from food and water from sunrise to sunset and it culminates in Eid-ul-Fitr celebrations.

jamamasjid1.jpg

ani-0808-hyderabad-eid-moon6.jpg

ani-0808-ahmedabad-eid-moon1.jpg

jamamasjid6.jpg

Momota.... :D

ani-0808-kolkata-eid-moonsi5.jpg

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/eid-ul-fitr-to-be-celebrated-across-india-on-friday-403233?pfrom=home-india

Its good to see Indian Muslims celebrating Eid in India...

I hope Indian Muslims get more rights and join other Indian communities in terms of health, education, and opportunity..

Meanwhile, China probably banned even 'hugging' on Eid day for its Muslims... :rolleyes:

eid-mubarak-2012.jpg

I hope Indian Muslims get more rights and join other Indian communities in terms of health, education, and opportunity..

Meanwhile, China probably banned even 'hugging' on Eid day for its Muslims... :rolleyes:

Very surprising comment..:)

Bro,
In India your benefits and other rights generally don't vary by religion.They vary mostly by region i.e, in paper they all have same rights,but in some regions due to the incompetant governing the scene may change.
Indian muslims generally have a good life in India.

Is it ? But NDTV reporting ' Pakistan and India are among nations expected to start festivities on Friday rather than Thursday.'

Its a matter that can vary with regions. In my place, i.e my part of kerala, people still relies on visual identification of moon. There has been cases in which different parts of kerala celebrated ramzan in different days.

you hop? india is giving more priority to muslims in education (especially girls). 8% reservation for muslim student for getting job or getting admission in colleges or highersecondary schools. india is giving much priority for the minority in india.

Back
Top Bottom