What's new

Egyptians vote in presidential election

If that makes you happy, then ok

If what makes me happy?

A lot of Egyptian Christians don't share your personal views. Let alone the Egyptian people as a whole.

Egypt: Coptic Christian activist dismisses current government as "terrorist"

Egyptian political activist and founder of "Christians against the Coup" movement Ramy Jan described the current military-backed government as a "terrorist" authority "manipulating Coptic Christians" for its gains.

In a facebook post, he warned the minister of defense General Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi saying, "Leave Sisi! 25 January is approaching. It's time to flee or face your worst nightmares".

The @agentny17 poster is a copt if i m not wrong.
All Egyptians are Copts. Coptic means Egyptians.... Also, I am not Christian, if that is what you meant!!

If what makes me happy?

A lot of Egyptian Christians don't share your personal views. Let alone the Egyptian people as a whole.

Egypt: Coptic Christian activist dismisses current government as "terrorist"

Egyptian political activist and founder of "Christians against the Coup" movement Ramy Jan described the current military-backed government as a "terrorist" authority "manipulating Coptic Christians" for its gains.

In a facebook post, he warned the minister of defense General Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi saying, "Leave Sisi! 25 January is approaching. It's time to flee or face your worst nightmares".

Yes, you are right.... The parallel world Islamists lives in :what:

All Egyptians are Copts. Coptic means Egyptians.... Also, I am not Christian, if that is what you meant!!

I never heard an Egyptian say that. If you're a copt just say it. Nobody will hold it against you.

Yes, you are right.... The parallel world Islamists lives in :what:

You have this odd view that anybody who doesn't share your opinions is an Islamist. That's not very reasonable of you. And as if it's a crime to be a Muslim who has Islamic aspirations. If your opinion is that being a Muslim makes you a criminal terrorist then state it openly. Don't hide who you are.

So I've refuted your absurd claims already but you're responding with these one liners.

I never heard an Egyptian say that. If you're a copt just say it. Nobody will hold it against you.
Well, its not a matter of opinion, i am trying to educate you so say thank you and move on. You don't know this because you are not Egyptian, that's all!!
You have this odd view that anybody who doesn't share your opinions is an Islamist. That's not very reasonable of you. And as if it's a crime to be a Muslim who has Islamic aspirations. If your opinion is that being a Muslim makes you a criminal terrorist then state it openly. Don't hide who you are.

So I've refuted your absurd claims already but you're responding with these one liners.
No it is not a crime to be a Muslim, but trying to force your religion on me is. Not gonna happen sorry. Egyptian Muslims before non Muslims reject this.

Why bother about Egypt, our country our problem. Why so worried about the Muslim Brotherhood ? The Egyptian people will decide that, not you.

Well, its not a matter of opinion, i am trying to educate you so say thank you and move on. You don't know this because you are not Egyptian, that's all!!

It's a greek word which means Egyptian, don't see the point of why you posted it bro.

No it is not a crime to be a Muslim, but trying to force your religion on me is. Not gonna happen sorry. Egyptian Muslims before non Muslims reject this.

Who forces religion on who? And how can a Muslim force Islam on a Muslim? I'm not aware of these claims you make. A second ago you said it was that MB sympathizers or other activists were out to kill all Egyptians as soon as possible and Egyptians were fighting for survival. I told you that I was nonsense and you know it. I was in Egypt during that time. If you don't like the MB, that's fine. Just be clear about what you don't like. Not random hilarious things.

Why bother about Egypt, our country our problem. Why so worried about the Muslim Brotherhood ? The Egyptian people will decide that, not you.

You're one person that doesn't reflect Egyptian views. Many Egyptians probably don't mind the current leader. However, they don't share your crazy and bigoted views. Egypt is my country, I'm a Muslim, it's a Muslim nation. Non-Muslims don't understand the connection we Muslims have on our nations.

As for the MB, I'm not worried about them at all. I have a problem with you guys that keep making up bizarre propaganda and citing that propaganda about the opposition in Egypt whenever people don't fully support your views or leadership in Egypt. Most of the political activists have already been persecuted, you can no longer use them as en excuse to justify current Egyptian leadership policy.

If someone here has an opinion on events in Egypt they can do so. Disliking Sisi or some things about him isn't mutual with supporting the MB. The MB is out of the equation. People on a political forum analyze recent Middle Eastern affairs and you can't tell them to mind their own business.

The funniest part when you talked about how industralized bengladesh is , that made my day .

The reason you will always get your asses kicked is because of your stupidity and delusional dreams , continue dreaming Islamist.

It's a greek word which means Egyptian, don't see the point of why you posted it bro.

Who forces religion on who? And how can a Muslim force Islam on a Muslim? I'm not aware of these claims you make. A second ago you said it was that MB sympathizers or other activists were out to kill all Egyptians as soon as possible and Egyptians were fighting for survival. I told you that I was nonsense and you know it. I was in Egypt during that time. If you don't like the MB, that's fine. Just be clear about what you don't like. Not random hilarious things.

You're one person that doesn't reflect Egyptian views. Many Egyptians probably don't mind the current leader. However, they don't share your crazy and bigoted views. Egypt is my country, I'm a Muslim, it's a Muslim nation. Non-Muslims don't understand the connection we Muslims have on our nations.

As for the MB, I'm not worried about them at all. I have a problem with you guys that keep making up bizarre propaganda and citing that propaganda about the opposition in Egypt whenever people don't fully support your views or leadership in Egypt. Most of the political activists have already been persecuted, you can no longer use them as en excuse to justify current Egyptian leadership policy.

If someone here has an opinion on events in Egypt they can do so. Disliking Sisi or some things about him isn't mutual with supporting the MB. The MB is out of the equation. People on a political forum analyze recent Middle Eastern affairs and you can't tell them to mind their own business.

What kind of connections ? slaughtering each other like pigs in Syria and Iraq , well if that is the connection you want to export to egypt then sorry they dont need or want it .

Terrorism in Egypt is funded and supported by foreign muslim countries like Qatar and Turkey including your shit-hole gaza . Now is this the type of connection your pushing for ?

they have a reason for locking you up and not giving your lot visas to enter egypt .

Most of them hate Egypt and Egyptians with passion even more than Jews in some cases . The best thing for Egypt is to ban people from Syria , Iraq and other countries where MB/Takfiri ideology is spread from entering Egypt . Simply allowing potential suicide bombers and terrorists entering Egypt would only make things worse , enough local MB monkeys inside.

We started deporting thousands of extremist Arab muslims such as salafese and shia from lebanon and Syria .

Last edited:

Da wad motataref mafeesh fayda men el kalam ma3ah , 3'eer 2en a3'lab el felesteneya beyekraho el masriyeen .

some election...
1. the army overthrows the democratic govt. of morsi (with tacit approval of USA)
2. the army chief then resigns (with tacit approval of USA)
3. the army chief stands for election as president
4. the army backed civilian govt is elected (all with the tacit approval of the USA)
5. hurrah for lackeyism

this was done to ensure that Egypt is not a threat to Israel

Last edited:
some election...
1. the army overthrows the democratic govt. of morsi (with tacit approval of USA)
2. the army chief then resigns (with tacit approval of USA)
3. the army chief stands for election as president
4. the army backed civilian govt is elected (all with the tacit approval of the USA)
5. hurrah for lackeyism

this was done to ensure that Egypt is not a threat to Israel

So I'm guessing the first high level visit of Russian officials in 40 years to Cairo( and vise versa), the signing of multiple strategic accords, and setting up joint military maneuvers in 2015 (among other things in the military field, including major arms deals) with the Russians is also with "tactic approval of the USA"?

Not saying that the current regime is anti-American or anti-anything really, it is just foolish to assume that they have any influence over what happens in Egypt after the 25th of January. It is also incredibly foolish to assume that the previous regime which was ousted acted against US interests in the region or had any intention to do so. The peace treaty between the Israel and Egypt is what ensures the Zionist states security, as well as the security of Egypt. Then again you know nothing of Egypt.

f9c75505ec773ee6ba8f3838bc5eb08b.jpg

From Wiki:

The word Copt was adopted in English in the 17th century, from New Latin Coptus, Cophtus, which is derived from Arabic collectivequbṭ / qibṭ قبط "the Copts" with nisba adjective qubṭī, qibṭī قبطى, plural aqbāṭ أقباط; Also quftī, qiftī, Arabic /f/ representing historical Coptic/p/. an Arabisation of the Coptic word kubti (Bohairic) and/or kuptaion (Sahidic). The Coptic word is in turn an adaptation of the Greek Αἰγύπτιος Aigýptios "Egyptian" ultimately related to Caphtor.

The term is thus ultimately derived from the Greek designation of the native Egyptian population in Roman Egypt (as distinct from Greeks, Romans, Jews, etc.). After the Muslim conquest of Egypt, it became restricted to those Egyptians adhering to the Christian religion.

Please stop with the blatant sectarianism, not only does it show your bigotry but it shows how you deeply misunderstand Egyptian society and Coptics.

From Wiki:

Please stop with the blatant sectarianism, not only does it show your bigotry but it shows how you deeply misunderstand Egyptian society and Coptics.

From the article u posted:
After the Muslim conquest of Egypt, it became restricted to those Egyptians adhering to the Christian religion.

That's what people thoughrout the world uunderstand when the hear word copts and that's what its actually is in reality. It primarily refers to crhistians.

I didn't misunderstood anything. Seculars and copts don't represent Egypt's society and thus neither do u. SO there's nothing to misunderstand. Its u people who misunderstand muslims in hoping that u can get away spouting non-sense.

From the article u posted:
After the Muslim conquest of Egypt, it became restricted to those Egyptians adhering to the Christian religion.

Yes, however, that does not change the origin of the word nor does it change the fact that Egyptians should not be positively discriminated against simply because they adhere to a religion that is different from the majority.

That's what people thoughrout the world uunderstand when the hear word copts and that's what its actually is in reality. It primarily refers to crhistians.

Yes. Again, when Egyptians refer to the history of the word it is not because they believe the word means something other than what we now know it to be, it is simply used to point out that Copts are just as Egyptian as the Muslim population. When referring to its historical meaning all Egyptians try to do is instill a sense of unity.

I didn't misunderstood anything. Seculars and copts don't represent Egypt's society and thus neither do u. SO there's nothing to misunderstand. Its u people who misunderstand muslims in hoping that u can get away spouting non-sense.

I have never claimed to represent Egyptian society nor do I pretend my personal opinions are anywhere near what the majority of Egyptian society believe, however, I do know what the views of the majority of Egyptians are.

Put simply, the majority of Egyptians are by nature apolitical, religiously moderate and conservative, the majority are not secular nor liberal, nor are they Islamist or particularly right wing. However, Egypt needs to transition into a democracy which accepts a plurality of views and faiths, which means respecting the views of the apolitcal, conservative, secular, liberal, Islamist, and the right wing (even if I do have a deep disdain for the latter two).

What you and your ilk misunderstand is that Egypt is not a secular nation, it wasn't before Morsi and it isn't after. Common law is still based upon Sharia, a feature that has been cemented in the Egyptian constitution for decades (if not more). Schools are still obligated to teach religion. Alazhar is still able to interfere in judicial matters, and are represented in government (as are the Church). Egyptian citizens are still discriminated on their ID cards as religion is stipulated. All these things have been embedded in Egyptian society and politics for decades and they have not changed (nor will they unless there's a massive shift in public opinion and beliefs). Unfortunately, you show a lack of understanding of both Egyptian society (of which 90% are Muslim) and of secularism.

Last edited:
Y

Put simply, the majority of Egyptians are by nature apolitical, religiously moderate and conservative, the majority are not secular nor liberal, nor are they Islamist or particularly right wing. However, Egypt needs to transition into a democracy which accepts a plurality of views and faiths, which means respecting the views of the apolitcal, conservative, secular, liberal, Islamist, and the right wing (even if I do have a deep disdain for the latter two).

Trasition to democracy by evicting a democratically elected president. :rofl: I guess common sense is something non-existent in the genes egyptian seculars. :crazy: last i checked sisi slaughtered 1000s of egyptians and political opponets and so far going unpunished & now became the next mubarak. Did seculars/copts ( seems like a fringe minitory since they lack the support to come to power via free fair elections and resorts to coups and military intervention) respect plurality? Though i believe not all secular/liberals are militant/totalitarian minded as sisi and his supporters like u are.

What you and your ilk misunderstand is that Egypt is not a secular nation, it wasn't before Morsi and it isn't after. Common law is still based upon Sharia, a feature that has been cemented in the Egyptian constitution for decades (if not more). Schools are still obligated to teach religion. Alazhar is still able to interfere in judicial matters, and are represented in government (as are the Church). Egyptian citizens are still discriminated on their ID cards as religion is stipulated. All these things have been embedded in Egyptian society and politics for decades and they have not changed (nor will they unless there's a massive shift in public opinion and beliefs). Unfortunately, you show a lack of understanding of both Egyptian society (of which 90% are Muslim) and of secularism.

Neither its a Islamic state nor a normal state where lives of muslims are protected. It can't gurantee ht esafety of its citizens and neither can it gurantee its soverginity since its ruled by sell out secular slave mentality elites who suck up to foreign powers and have a mercenary army that does Israel's bidding in the region. SO i guess "my ilk" (whatever u mean by it) understands exactly what egypt is.

As for all the haing aspects of sharia law , well Egypt is conservative muslim country like majority of the muslim world and the elites has to respect Islam above anything else otherwise there would be situations that their zionist/american masters can't even control. All what u mentioned are red lines that seculars/lliberals can not cross anywhere in the muslim world.

Trasition to democracy by evicting a democratically elected president. :rofl: I guess common sense is something non-existent in the genes egyptian seculars. :crazy: last i checked sisi slaughtered 1000s of egyptians and political opponets and so far going unpunished & now became the next mubarak

Again, you assume. I have not stated that the ousting of the previous regime or the actions of the current regime are in any way helping Egypt transition to a liberal democratic nation, I hold all three regimes after the 25th of January revolution equally culpable in what is happening today in Egypt and the lack of progress, that means the SCAF, the MB, and the current transitional government. The next government may very well be held in the same regard by me.

Did seculars/copts ( seems like a fringe minitory since they lack the support to come to power via free fair elections and resorts to coups and military intervention) respect plurality?

They may not have, however, did the elected government respect plurality? It certainly did not.

Though i believe not all seculars r militant/tolelatarian minded as sisi & his supporters like u are.

It's a shame, I don't actually support Elsisi. You were doing so well in this debate.....

Neither its a Islamic state nor a normal state where lives of muslims are protected.

What? that doesn't make sense. Can you make that a bit clearer please.

. It can't gurantee ht esafety of its citizens and neither can it gurantee its soverginity since its ruled by sell out secular slave mentality elites who suck up to foreign powers and have a mercenary army that does Israel's bidding in the region.

First, I will address the mercenary army claim:

The Egyptian military is primarily a conscripted force, which means it is primarily composed of soldiers from every walk of life in Egypt. That means it recruits soldiers from families stricken by poverty or blessed with affluence, it recruits people with different educational and political backgrounds. Simply put it represent every denomination in Egyptian society.

Only the Officer Corps and NCO's are volunteers, they are mainly recruited from lower middle class or middle class families, the upper class or the elite are not largely represented in the officers corps.

Secondly, the rest of your statement:

The security situation in Egypt is pretty dire, however, it is getting progressively better. However, this is usual particularly after a revolution in which the Police and Central Security forces almost disappeared leaving a power vacuum. However, the army has contributed its fare share and the interior forces are making a comeback, and both services have contributed many lives in order to return the stability and security that existed before the revolution.

Egypt is a sovereign nation, however, to prove it to you I will need to first educate you exactly what sovereignty is, since I can already tell you have no idea about politics or political theory:

Here is part of an essay I did on Anarchism a while back for uni:

The state in its simplest form is a political institution that is manufactured in order to regulate human relation in the society living under its artificial laws, before the birth of the organised state, a “state of nature” existed according to popular political theory.

The state in its current form relies on both internal and external sovereignty. Internal sovereignty is the acknowledgement of the state by its own subjects or citizens as the “most high and perpetual power”. In essence the state is recognised by its subjects as the supreme legislative and executive institution or body and thus has power over all other formal and informal institutions within the nation be they families, tribes, associations, businesses, unions, banks or other institutions that allow the state to project its power upon its citizens, for instance a police force. External sovereignty is the recognition of a particular state’s sovereign capacity over its own people by other states in the international system, without this recognition in the 21st century a state’s ability to effectively regulate its citizens can be curtailed as a result of international pressure and thus threatening its sovereignty.

The state relies on the principles of power and authority to maintain its sovereignty. In order to effectively enforce the legislation and policy introduced by its institutions or executive, the state must have the power to impose a decision over its citizens and if the citizen rebels against the state it must have the power to effectively limit the citizens’ rights in order to assure its survival. The power a state wields is derived from its “monopoly over the means of violence” as explained by German sociologist Max Weber. If a state can effectively use its most powerful regulatory institutions, the police force and army it can enjoy a monopoly on violence, civil disobedience can be severely limited and therefore the state can effectively enforce its laws over its citizens. Authority, both in legal and moral terms are also of the utmost importance, the state must have acknowledgment by its citizenry and by the international community that it has a right to exercise its power upon its citizenry and that it is the supreme law making and law enforcing institution of the nation. The nature of the state will not affect its desire to command authority, both democratic and totalitarian regimes will vie for authority even though their legitimacy may differ extremely from case to case.

So is the Egyptian state able to enforce its laws upon the populace: yes. Is it internationally recognized: yes. Can any nation interfere in this process? no. Either way what you have written is irrelevant, it does not address the fact that Egypt is not a secular state and that the current elite have no intention of separating church from state. BTW can you explain secularism to me please?

As for doing Israels bidding in the region, the Egyptian Armed Forces has not been part of any military action in the MENA region since 1991. The same can not be said of some nations you may hold in high stead in the region, Qatar perhaps.

SO i guess "my ilk" (whatever u mean by it) understands exactly what egypt is.

Dim, naive, childish, unobservant and deal in absolutes. You have no idea.

As for all the haing aspects of sharia law , well Egypt is conservative muslim country like majority of the muslim world and the elites has to respect Islam above anything else otherwise there would be situations that their zionist/american masters can't even control. All what u mentioned are red lines that seculars/lliberals can not cross anywhere in the muslim world.

Who said the elite are not religious themselves?

Egypt is not experiencing a problem with religion (no matter how much the MB flap about it), it is experiencing political turmoil. Can you please look up liberalism and secularism before talking about them in such a manner, they are in no way conflicting with Islam (that is if you believe in an Islam which isn't filled with bigotry and hate).

Back
Top Bottom