What's new

Egyptians vote in presidential election

Egypt's presidential "election". :omghaha: What an oxymoron. But in the course of time that butcher low life sisi will also meet the same fate as mubarak and ben ali.

That's the most important thing. The people should show their will at the ballot box and give finger to Muslim Brotherhood.
Then actions must be taken to eradicate the Muslim Broterhood terrorists, to bring peace and stability to Egypt again.

The people showed their will by electing MB while a mercenary force for an army infringed upon that will. If MBs are "terrorist" then Egypt may be the only country home to millions of "terrorist" , a no. that forms significant chunk of Egypt's populace. And if the rights of that segment of populace is violated there will never be any peace in Egypt.

Egypt's presidential "election". :omghaha: What an oxymoron. But in the course of time that butcher low life sisi will also meet the same fate as mubarak and ben ali.

The people showed their will by electing MB while a mercenary force for an army infringed upon that will. If MBs are "terrorist" then Egypt may be the only country home to millions of "terrorist" , a no. that forms significant chunk of Egypt's populace. And if the rights of that segment of populace is violated there will never be any peace in Egypt.

He, so far, has won 80% of the votes with a 44% electoral turnout. I'm not sure if that has to do with the whole population or registered voters.

At least he's being more realistic than Assad. :lol:

He, so far, has won 80% of the votes with a 44% electoral turnout. I'm not sure if that has to do with the whole population or registered voters.

The percentage turnout is taken from the number of registered voters.

Turnout will likely be somewhere between the 40-50% mark, which is usual for Egypt. Reports of turnout being very low is in all honesty sensationalist crap from both camps. As long as Elsisi's victory is crushing (which it will be), he will not experience any major legitimacy problems.

You make it sound like the country was on fire. I was there before, during and after the events. Secondly, you make it sound like Egyptians are well off in every other field except stability and security. When in reality, that's the only strong point recently. They have many more problems that are unrelated to security. Only place that has instability is the Sinai and not many people live in the areas where most of the action happens.
the situation is better now yes but we still have a long way before we return Egypt as secure as before 25 jan also the biggest challenge will be economy

the situation is better now yes but we still have a long way before we return Egypt as secure as before 25 jan also the biggest challenge will be economy

I hope for a different future. Let's see what he can do. :)

if you think there anything wrong with the numbers you are wrong there are observers from EU arabs African union and a number of independent Egyptian institutions

You make it sound like the country was on fire. I was there before, during and after the events. Secondly, you make it sound like Egyptians are well off in every other field except stability and security. When in reality, that's the only strong point recently. They have many more problems that are unrelated to security. Only place that has instability is the Sinai and not many people live in the areas where most of the action happens.
Egypt is in dire need for foreign investment and tourists to boost up the crippling economy, and that wouldn't happen without security and stability.

Egypt is in dire need for foreign investment and tourists to boost up the crippling economy, and that wouldn't happen without security and stability.

The problem with us Arabs is that we aren't organized. All Egyptians living overseas and Arabs should invest in Egypt since it is very important for the Arab world. I believe that Fatah-Al-Sisi should focus on balancing his policy so Egypt could be appreciated by liberals, secular, and also conservative Muslims. I want Egypt to return to where we Arabs can all look up to it and have faith in it.

Although, I find that asking for too much considering the leaders we have today.

he course of time that butcher low life sisi will also meet the same fate as mubarak and ben ali.
The problem with us Arabs is that we aren't organized. All Egyptians living overseas and Arabs should invest in Egypt since it is very important for the Arab world. I believe that Fatah-Al-Sisi should focus on balancing his policy so Egypt could be appreciated by liberals, secular, and also conservative Muslims. I want Egypt to return to where we Arabs can all look up to it and have faith in it.

Although, I find that asking for too much considering the leaders we have today.
You are basically calling for a secular state... I call that an improvement. Only way we could have REAL democracy, if our countries turn into secular countries.

You are basically calling for a secular state... I call that an improvement. Only way we could have REAL democracy, if our countries turn into secular countries.
The basis of a Democracy is the equality of everyone living in that country, you can only guarantee equality in a multi religious country throught secularism.

Right now we can't have anything other than a secular state but not secular lifestyle. The Islamic state is not something that will return until divine things happen.

Sam going full stupid, you have no knowledge about anything. :lol:

You dont get a point across by insult and name-calling. Especially not to a friend. What kind of way is that to behave?

It is obvious that MB is bad for Egypt.. They are a bunch of confused idiots that do not how the slightest clue as how to run a nation state.
Why do you think millions (largest in Egypt's history) went out and protested their atrocious and unbearable rule.
Whats with the hard-on for the brotherhood anyway?
Muslim Brotherhood is an ideological movement more than a political party. It puts its ideological interests above the national interests of Egypt (and elsewhere)

Also, it wasnt the brotherhood that overthrew Mubarak. While young Egyptian students and activists (April 6 movement) risked their lives to protest, MB sat on their fat asses and cashed in on what others had done.
The mistake was that those young Egyptians did not organize politically, whereas the MB had an upper hand in that respect.

Anyway, MB is history. I hope they die out or jailed in other places as well. Bunch of troublemakers. And I hope that fat ugly f.uck Mursi rots in jail. lol

Anyhoo, gotta study like a maniac. So wont be posting much more in the next week.

Tootles

Amid A Divisive Election, Egypt Still Has The Best Sense Of Humor
The Huffington Post | By Charlotte Alfred

In less than four years, Egypt witnessed a revolution, elected a president, deposed a president, and this week is voting again for a new leader.

One thing endured throughout the tumult: Egypt's sense of humor.

Despite low voter turnout, the presidential election which began on Monday is widely-expected to result in a victory for former military chief Abdel-Fattah El-Sissi. The vote has highlighted the country's bitter divisions, with El-Sissi's devoted supporters celebrating in the streets, while many of his critics quietly boycott the vote.

But Egyptian comic genius was irrepressible on Twitter during this week's voting and many social media users appeared undeterred by the authorities' recent crackdown on dissent. Egyptians poked fun at El-Sissi, his sole opponent Hamdeen Sabahi, the media coverage, and election authorities who at the last minute extended voting for a third day.

slide_351160_3785746_free.jpg

Getty Images

Egyptians are to joint the Algerians in choosing a president that didn't care to move from his chair and meet their public.
The first made the Guinness book for being elected not knowing that he was running, and the latter by being elected by a giant bill board...
And both are joining forces to stabilize Libya...Sit tight to your chair and witness the meeting of minds and force of the Algerian TDR and the Egyptian Churchill at work...without Stalin who is occupied with bearded bolsheviks.

Back
Top Bottom