What's new

Egyptians vote in presidential election

1229-Andeel-A.jpg

So when is does the election end?
Most likely tonight, unless extended for one or two more days if turnout increases which is doubtful.
Never mind, they just extended it for another day.

Last edited:
Most likely tonight, unless extended for one or two more days if turnout increases which is doubtful.
Never mind, they just extended it for another day.
Hmm.. lets see what comes out, dont you think that a General who made a coup running for presidency is problematic from democratic perspective?

Anyways, all the best for you in future, lets hope Egypt manages the transformation to a democracy.

Hmm.. lets see what comes out, dont you think that a General who made a coup running for presidency is problematic from democratic perspective?

Anyways, all the best for you in future, lets hope Egypt manages the transformation to a democracy.
in the end we should answer 1 thing is this a free elections or not this is the will of the people and there is nothing saying that ex military should not run for presidency

in the end we should answer 1 thing is this a free elections or not this is the will of the people and there is nothing saying that ex military should not run for presidency
Well, it doesnt matter who wins if the elections are fair.
What do you think, will it be a fair election?

Yes, a it is. I also would hoped that the military didn't have to interfere to beign with, but the Muslim Brotherhood left us with no choice. Its the army of the people anyway, and only the people have the right to call it to interfere.
I personally didn't want him to run, but its his decision. The problem is, 50 years of undemocratic rule left us in a place where you can't really find 1 person who would qualify as a president. Hopefully that will change by practice.
Thanks for the kind words.

I don't even think it will be a close contest. The People want security and stability.

That's the most important thing. The people should show their will at the ballot box and give finger to Muslim Brotherhood.
Then actions must be taken to eradicate the Muslim Broterhood terrorists, to bring peace and stability to Egypt again.

Yes, a it is. I also would hoped that the military didn't have to interfere to beign with, but the Muslim Brotherhood left us with no choice. Its the army of the people anyway, and only the people have the right to call it to interfere.
I personally didn't want him to run, but its his decision. The problem is, 50 years of undemocratic rule left us in a place where you can't really find 1 person who would qualify as a president. Hopefully that will change by practice.
Thanks for the kind words.

There should be a limit to how long you can stay on as president.
Once that is in place, you have overcome a significant obstacle on the path to a good society.
The risk with Sisi in power, is that Egypt just gets Mubarak Mk II.

The constitution could also include a clause allowing the people to force early elections, in extreme cases.

MB was run by bad politicians. If Mursi had been a competent politician, he would have
realized that the MB need to have the public with THEM, and called for new elections
to confirm the support. Then he would be free, and not in jail.

Good Luck to the Egyptian people.

There should be a limit to how long you can stay on as president.
Once that is in place, you have overcome a significant obstacle on the path to a good society.
The risk with Sisi in power, is that Egypt just gets Mubarak Mk II.

The constitution could also include a clause allowing the people to force early elections, in extreme cases.

MB was run by bad politicians. If Mursi had been a competent politician, he would have
realized that the MB need to have the public with THEM, and called for new elections
to confirm the support. Then he would be free, and not in jail.

Good Luck to the Egyptian people.
the constitution limit president term 4 years and another 4 and then no more just like the US also the parliament can call for early elections

I don't even think it will be a close contest. The People want security and stability.

You make it sound like the country was on fire. I was there before, during and after the events. Secondly, you make it sound like Egyptians are well off in every other field except stability and security. When in reality, that's the only strong point recently. They have many more problems that are unrelated to security. Only place that has instability is the Sinai and not many people live in the areas where most of the action happens.

That's the most important thing. The people should show their will at the ballot box and give finger to Muslim Brotherhood.
Then actions must be taken to eradicate the Muslim Broterhood terrorists, to bring peace and stability to Egypt again.

Sam going full stupid, you have no knowledge about anything. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom