What's new

Egyptian National and Strategic Development Projects: News and Updates

I don't see that happening at all, Barca. The connection between KSA and Egypt is rooted beyond these past 80 years, even beyond the past 1400 years. It goes back to prehistoric times, so to speak. This is not even an alliance, it's a bond that has strengths beyond any type of adversity. What you might see is dips and rises with very long periods of leveling off at the top, just like the way it is ATM.

As , I like saying this... History has no meaning...since those who should read it (The one who has power) they don't...
But What is interesting about History... is that everything is a Circle...
Some Wars...
Egyptian–Wahhabi War (1811-1818)...
The Saudi revolt... ( Egypt vs Nejd) 1821-1824
Egyptian invasion of Najd 1838-43
North Yemen Civil War (Egypt/Yemen vs KSA) 1962-1967

And I'm not even speaking about the mamluks times... or even the post-islamic conquest...
My point is for those, taking into account, History as aWitness of " Good relations"... But it doesn't and will never be.

What is left is what each of them could get from the other... and How much they are willing to make sacrifice for the other side...to mantain this "Alliance" alive.
Egypt is a nation of conquest... Internal problems could put a pause to it... but when it's resolved..; it changes...
SO imposing your "Power" come at some cost... TOday, they have mutual interest, and will continue for a time (even more, if Turkey impose his power/Influence even more)...Till one of them acquire what He lacks to impose his "speed" and "voice"

And I'm not saying that Egypt willbuild a wall btw them two...but what we see today as an alliance" Agaisnt one Front and therfore one Word, will not last, BUT TIES will ofc stay... I was pseaking about this Alliance...

In The End... Neither My words count neither of an other... Time will tell...
And It will be my last post in this matter, since it went to much offtopic (I think)
So my bad for this debate...

What a terrific discussion and no, @Sharif al-Hijaz

I read that on another news outlet and the funny part is how I was getting A lot of flack from Algerians on another forum where they were tearing me up on the issue of high inflation in Egypt and particularly what Sisi did with floating the pound. Smashing Sisi is a hobby amongst these fellas. They kept bragging about how much wealthier they were and their oil and this and that and I told them to be careful, these types of economic hits don't discriminate and I gave them examples of austerity measures that even Germany had to make and they laughed at me. Who's laughing now? One of the best bumper stickers is "Karma is a Bitch!"

This goes back to the negative view these Maghrebis have of Egypt and particularly Egyptians and leave it to fate to level the playing field since I never take any pleasure in going back to people and laughing at their demise or even reminding them that I told them so. They should've known better. But the important and undeniable fact is that very strong existence of this hatred towards Egyptians. It's not just among the ignorant. The educated just know how to either hide it or they show it but don't speak it. These are very noticeable things if you know what you're looking for. You don't even need to go much further than this forum here lol.

To be specific this only comes from Algerian clowns and they are insignificant since Egypt does not share any land or sea borders with them . Algeria will face its own miserable situation since the economy is only based on oil and gas representing 95% of their exports.

Let me give you another example: my dentist, whom I went to see for 20+ years was an American Jew, kind of a hippie from the late 60's/70's and he was the BEST guy/dentist etc. that I worked with. Professional beyond professional and very considerate and careful and most importantly, delicate with his work. That's pretty important when it comes to teeth, right? The poor man got cancer and had to sell his practice and who ends up buying it? A young Iraqi fellow who'm after the first visit, I have never stepped in that place again.

Now this is not the standard since one guy's behavior doesn't speak for all, but it was such a drastic downfall which included nationality issues that I won't get into that it was enough to support the theory we've been talking about.

That's a perfect example. I couldn't have said it better. This is a fascinating dynamic that is happening and I don't think most people are blind to it. They realize it but it might just be a bit too uncomfortable to speak about that reality.

Iraq and Syria position changed after the Arab sping and Isil related events , they now realise their main enemy is political Islam represented by MB and their affiliates like Alqauda and Isil. After the wave of terrorism that spread across the region Egypt relations with Iraq and Syria improved , for instance Iraq called on Egypt construction and Oil companies to work on lucrative contracts in Iraq.

Despite all of Sisi's faults, he's recognized these very dangerous situations to Egypt's security and has taken excellent steps in confronting it. What he's done with Saudiya -- while taking a HUGE brunt of grief as a result -- has been one of his most brilliant moves to date, which leads to the Sanafir and Tiran islands and his strong conviction that they are Saudi islands. He is 100% on the spot with that. The grief he took from the Egyptian people was tremendous but he didn't do it because of the financial support from Saudiya or for any other reason of that type, but because it was the right thing to do! Not to mention that decision eases and facilitates the future bridging projects that will be created on those islands which in the end will strengthen the economy and the bond between Saudiya and Egypt. These are those brilliant yet very tough decisions that only strong leaders make.

The other twist to this is that the best way to handle those islands would've been through an international arbitration but the problem with that is it sets a precedence and then becomes an issue for future disputes and nothing can be more pertinent to that than the Halayib triangle. The Israelis lost the arbitration of a 100 meter stretch of gorgeous Egyptian sand beach in Taba (Sinai) in the late 80's and have vowed to never go that route again which has been quite obvious with Jerusalem. You'll never see the Israelis resort to that and neither us Egyptians when it comes to land disputes. The Sudanese are a bit ballsy, TBH, to even contemplate the thought that the Halayib triangle belongs to Sudan. One thinks the Nile water would bring war? Try seeing what happens with a most important and strategic bit of 20,000+ sqkm of land will cause!

The 1974 Naval maritime agreement between Saudi Arabia and Sudan recognized Halayeb maritime as part of Sudan. The agreement Sisi had with Saudi Arabia regarding Red Sea maritime border now recognizes Halayeb maritime as part of Egypt. The Sudanese government even when nuts over the maritime agreement between both countries.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/sudan-protests-egypt-saudi-maritime-border-demarcation-agreement/

Halayeb traingle is strategic , naval base in Halayeb allows Egyptian navy to easily destroy Sudan's only sea port , Port Sudan in a war event which would bring Sudan on its knees.

I will always insist that Egypt only adversary is Sudan and ofcourse the MB .

No war will break out , Sudan is used to creating tensions with neighboring countries whenever they have an internal crisis that threaten government stability. Sudanese government recently removed subsidies from all basic products and prices went up the roof , there were some riots in major Sudanese cities when the price of single bread 70 grams reached 1.5 pounds . Subsidized bread in Egypt costs only 5 cents , imagine if Sisi did the same what the Arabs and media outlets would do?
The dollar on the Sudanese market black market reached 32 pounds , image a currency goes up by more than 300% in only 4 month and their actualy monthly inflation is over 30% since 1 year?

This is why Egyptian government is acting cool with Sudan reactions , they understand whats going there and eventually in Sudan large riots will take place and the whole country will sink , not to mention there are insurgents controlling parts of south kurdofan and Blue nile state , the government signed ceasefire agreements with North-SPLA after they failed to take over their areas .

[URL]https://www.voanews.com/a/sudan-pound-losing-value/4201130.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.africanews.com/2018/01/12/sudanese-angry-at-rising-price-of-bread/[/URL]

[MEDIA=youtube]VqK1samCI0Y[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]oTRJiLz0lHc[/MEDIA]

Sudan for the past 3 month has been experiencing fuel crises, cars and buses have to wait over 2 hours

[URL]http://alsudanalyoum.com/2017/12/22/%D8%A3%D8%B2%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%88%D9%82%D9%88%D8%AF-%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%AD%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%B1%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%85/[/URL]

[URL]https://www.alrakoba.net/news-action-show-id-294326.htm[/URL]

The country internally is facing Economic crises, fuel and basic commodities shortage .Tt would be expected to see their government creating tensions with Egypt or any other country to divert people attention from internal problems by bringing up Halayeb issue.

Currently, this is the most popular tag on Twitter in Sudan, its called a bread for one pound.

[URL]https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%B4%D9%87_%D8%A8%D8%AC%D9%86%D9%8A%D9%87?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash[/URL]

Bashir like any other Islamist government has his own loyal militia prepared to slaugher anyone opposing him called rapid deployment force , they are stronger than the Sudanese army in order to suppress any coup attempt.

There were before poverty riots between 2013-2015 in Sudan were hundreds of people were killed , at that time situation was much better than what they are facing now .

[URL]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_in_Sudan_(2011%E2%80%9313)[/URL]

As , I like saying this... History has no meaning...since those who should read it (The one who has power) they don't...
But What is interesting about History... is that everything is a Circle...
Some Wars...
Egyptian–Wahhabi War (1811-1818)...
The Saudi revolt... ( Egypt vs Nejd) 1821-1824
Egyptian invasion of Najd 1838-43
North Yemen Civil War (Egypt/Yemen vs KSA) 1962-1967

You ignorance amazes me each time you post , the wars between 1811 and 1843 were between the Ottman empire under their Albanian Wali Mohamed Ali and his sons vs Saudi family , Egyptians have nothing to do with it , they were simply under Turkish occupation and the Turks used Some Egypt soldiers along with other Ottman soldiers to suppress revolts in Arabian peninsula.

You know ottmans and Muhammed ali Familly ruled Egypt until 1921 and then Albanian family ruled under British supervision until the 1952 coop by Egyptian soldiers led by Muhammed Najib and Nasser

The North Yemen Civil war was part of the Cold war between Soviet Union and USA , the Soviet Union pushed Nasser to support their Allies in North Yemen attempting to overthrow the Yemeni Zaydi Clerk regime.

You did not mention on the otherhand that Saudi Arabia fought along Egypt in 1948 , 1956 , 1967 and 1973 , king Salman himself fought in the 1956 war when Egypt was invaded by France , Britain and Israel .

Saudi Arabia and Egypt are one and their relations improved after they got rid of Turkish/Ottman and Soviet influence which was an obstacle towards their alliance .

You can talk about a conflict between Turkey and Saudi Arabia since Muhammed Ali was a soldier in Ottman empire and represented them in the Arabian peninsula.

The Saudi royal family and most saudi tribes understand this and many of them recall the days when they revolted against ottman empire , it had nothing to do with Egypt , it was only a province under ottman control .

"

And I'm not saying that Egypt willbuild a wall btw them two...but what we see today as an alliance" Agaisnt one Front and therfore one Word, will not last, BUT TIES will ofc stay... I was pseaking about this Alliance...

Egypt was never a nation of conquest , the Egyptians are descendants of farmers and attached to their land .
Nasser himself allowed Sudan foolishly to gain independence as Egyptians have never had any imperialistic goals.

You need to understand the difference between Foreign rulers who occupied Egypt and native Egyptians. When Egypt was ruled by native Egyptians in modern history in 1952 they never waged a war against a neighboring country , even in 1977 when Gadafi attacked Egypt , the Americans attempted to convince Saddat to take over Eastern Libya oil field but he refused and they also attempted to do this with Mubarak but it never worked.

You know nothing about Egypt and the same applies on some other Arabs who only take their news from Aljazeera and qatari funded media outlets.

To be specific this only comes from Algerian clowns and they are insignificant since Egypt does not share any land or sea borders with them . Algeria will face its own miserable situation since the economy is only based on oil and gas representing 95% of their exports.

Iraq and Syria position changed after the Arab sping and Isil related events , they now realise their main enemy is political Islam represented by MB and their affiliates like Alqauda and Isil. After the wave of terrorism that spread across the region Egypt relations with Iraq and Syria improved , for instance Iraq called on Egypt construction and Oil companies to work on lucrative contracts in Iraq.

The 1974 Naval maritime agreement between Saudi Arabia and Sudan recognized Halayeb maritime as part of Sudan. The agreement Sisi had with Saudi Arabia regarding Red Sea maritime border now recognizes Halayeb maritime as part of Egypt. The Sudanese government even when nuts over the maritime agreement between both countries.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/sudan-protests-egypt-saudi-maritime-border-demarcation-agreement/

Halayeb traingle is strategic , naval base in Halayeb allows Egyptian navy to easily destroy Sudan's only sea port , Port Sudan in a war event which would bring Sudan on its knees.

No war will break out , Sudan is used to creating tensions with neighboring countries whenever they have an internal crisis that threaten government stability. Sudanese government recently removed subsidies from all basic products and prices went up the roof , there were some riots in major Sudanese cities when the price of single bread 70 grams reached 1.5 pounds . Subsidized bread in Egypt costs only 5 cents , imagine if Sisi did the same what the Arabs and media outlets would do?
The dollar on the Sudanese market black market reached 32 pounds , image a currency goes up by more than 300% in only 4 month and their actualy monthly inflation is over 30% since 1 year?

This is why Egyptian government is acting cool with Sudan reactions , they understand whats going there and eventually in Sudan large riots will take place and the whole country will sink , not to mention there are insurgents controlling parts of south kurdofan and Blue nile state , the government signed ceasefire agreements with North-SPLA after they failed to take over their areas .

[URL]http://www.africanews.com/2018/01/12/sudanese-angry-at-rising-price-of-bread/[/URL]

Sudan for the past 3 month has been experiencing fuel crises, cars and buses have to wait over 2 hours

[URL='http://alsudanalyoum.com/2017/12/22/%D8%A3%D8%B2%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%88%D9%82%D9%88%D8%AF-%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%AD%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%B1%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%85/']http://alsudanalyoum.com/2017/12/22/أزمة-وقود-حادة-تطحن-الخرطوم/[/URL]

The country internally is facing Economic crises, fuel and basic commodities shortage .Tt would be expected to see their government creating tensions with Egypt or any other country to divert people attention from internal problems by bringing up Halayeb issue.

Currently, this is the most popular tag on Twitter in Sudan, its called a bread for one pound.

[URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%B4%D9%87_%D8%A8%D8%AC%D9%86%D9%8A%D9%87?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash']https://twitter.com/hashtag/العيشه_بجنيه?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash[/URL]

Bashir like any other Islamist government has his own loyal militia prepared to slaugher anyone opposing him called rapid deployment force , they are stronger than the Sudanese army in order to suppress any coup attempt.

There were before poverty riots between 2013-2015 in Sudan were hundreds of people were killed , at that time situation was much better than what they are facing now .

[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_in_Sudan_(2011%E2%80%9313)']https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_in_Sudan_(2011–13)[/URL]

You ignorance amazes me each time you post , the wars between 1811 and 1843 were between the Ottman empire under their Albanian Wali Mohamed Ali and his sons vs Saudi family , Egyptians have nothing to do with it , they were simply under Turkish occupation and the Turks used Some Egypt soldiers along with other Ottman soldiers to suppress revolts in Arabian peninsula.

You know ottmans and Muhammed ali Familly ruled Egypt until 1921 and then Albanian family ruled under British supervision until the 1952 coop by Egyptian soldiers led by Muhammed Najib and Nasser

The North Yemen Civil war was part of the Cold war between Soviet Union and USA , the Soviet Union pushed Nasser to support their Allies in North Yemen attempting to overthrow the Yemeni Zaydi Clerk regime.

You did not mention on the otherhand that Saudi Arabia fought along Egypt in 1948 , 1956 , 1967 and 1973 , king Salman himself fought in the 1956 war when Egypt was invaded by France , Britain and Israel .

Saudi Arabia and Egypt are one and their relations improved after they got rid of Turkish/Ottman and Soviet influence which was an obstacle towards their alliance .

You can talk about a conflict between Turkey and Saudi Arabia since Muhammed Ali was a soldier in Ottman empire and represented them in the Arabian peninsula.

The Saudi royal family and most saudi tribes understand this and many of them recall the days when they revolted against ottman empire , it had nothing to do with Egypt , it was only a province under ottman control .

Egypt was never a nation of conquest , the Egyptians are descendants of farmers and attached to their land .
Nasser himself allowed Sudan foolishly to gain independence as Egyptians have never had any imperialistic goals.

You need to understand the difference between Foreign rulers who occupied Egypt and native Egyptians. When Egypt was ruled by native Egyptians in modern history in 1952 they never waged a war against a neighboring country , even in 1977 when Gadafi attacked Egypt , the Americans attempted to convince Saddat to take over Eastern Libya oil field but he refused and they also attempted to do this with Mubarak but it never worked.

You know nothing about Egypt and the same applies on some other Arabs who only take their news from Aljazeera and qatari funded media outlets.

Why not speaking about the Yemeni war? :)
Look you can put ahead your opinion...but keep your arrogance and insults to yourself...
As for Natives and such...that land was always under Egyptian 'Natives" Being under Ottoman rule or not...Egyptians fought them... And even Bf the Ottomans, wars happen among everyone in the region... EVERYONE...

My point wasn't if they have good relation or not, or if they fought wars or not... but Making a Point that taking History as a witness of "Good future" is not the right thing to do...

So keep your heated personality for yourself... and let those who can control themselfs do the speaking...

Egypt never a nation of Conquest... Whata Joke..; Where did you start your History lessons... 2016?

And Last, I have nothing against egyptian and Saudi relation as a people.. I'm just speaking at a Gov level... so keep your horses down...will you...

What a terrific discussion and no, @Sharif al-Hijaz no worries at all my brother, this discussion relates quite strongly with the topic at hand since much of the economic growth that is currently being experienced in Egypt is strongly influenced by these regional ties and connections and the Arab street, locally AND abroad, even all the way here to the United States and as you can see, even Malayasia! :-) So please, discuss away and these are quite civilized discussions which is the way they should be on forums. Here we are, a group that gets along very well and probably one of the rarer times where we agree and actually disagree on certain sensitive issues. Bringing them out and putting them on the table is nothing short of the best thing to do.

I don't see that happening at all, Barca. The connection between KSA and Egypt is rooted beyond these past 80 years, even beyond the past 1400 years. It goes back to prehistoric times, so to speak. This is not even an alliance, it's a bond that has strengths beyond any type of adversity. What you might see is dips and rises with very long periods of leveling off at the top, just like the way it is ATM.

I read that on another news outlet and the funny part is how I was getting A lot of flack from Algerians on another forum where they were tearing me up on the issue of high inflation in Egypt and particularly what Sisi did with floating the pound. Smashing Sisi is a hobby amongst these fellas. They kept bragging about how much wealthier they were and their oil and this and that and I told them to be careful, these types of economic hits don't discriminate and I gave them examples of austerity measures that even Germany had to make and they laughed at me. Who's laughing now? One of the best bumper stickers is "Karma is a Bitch!"

This goes back to the negative view these Maghrebis have of Egypt and particularly Egyptians and leave it to fate to level the playing field since I never take any pleasure in going back to people and laughing at their demise or even reminding them that I told them so. They should've known better. But the important and undeniable fact is that very strong existence of this hatred towards Egyptians. It's not just among the ignorant. The educated just know how to either hide it or they show it but don't speak it. These are very noticeable things if you know what you're looking for. You don't even need to go much further than this forum here lol.

Let me give you another example: my dentist, whom I went to see for 20+ years was an American Jew, kind of a hippie from the late 60's/70's and he was the BEST guy/dentist etc. that I worked with. Professional beyond professional and very considerate and careful and most importantly, delicate with his work. That's pretty important when it comes to teeth, right? The poor man got cancer and had to sell his practice and who ends up buying it? A young Iraqi fellow who'm after the first visit, I have never stepped in that place again.

Now this is not the standard since one guy's behavior doesn't speak for all, but it was such a drastic downfall which included nationality issues that I won't get into that it was enough to support the theory we've been talking about.

That's a perfect example. I couldn't have said it better. This is a fascinating dynamic that is happening and I don't think most people are blind to it. They realize it but it might just be a bit too uncomfortable to speak about that reality.

Despite all of Sisi's faults, he's recognized these very dangerous situations to Egypt's security and has taken excellent steps in confronting it. What he's done with Saudiya -- while taking a HUGE brunt of grief as a result -- has been one of his most brilliant moves to date, which leads to the Sanafir and Tiran islands and his strong conviction that they are Saudi islands. He is 100% on the spot with that. The grief he took from the Egyptian people was tremendous but he didn't do it because of the financial support from Saudiya or for any other reason of that type, but because it was the right thing to do! Not to mention that decision eases and facilitates the future bridging projects that will be created on those islands which in the end will strengthen the economy and the bond between Saudiya and Egypt. These are those brilliant yet very tough decisions that only strong leaders make.

The other twist to this is that the best way to handle those islands would've been through an international arbitration but the problem with that is it sets a precedence and then becomes an issue for future disputes and nothing can be more pertinent to that than the Halayib triangle. The Israelis lost the arbitration of a 100 meter stretch of gorgeous Egyptian sand beach in Taba (Sinai) in the late 80's and have vowed to never go that route again which has been quite obvious with Jerusalem. You'll never see the Israelis resort to that and neither us Egyptians when it comes to land disputes. The Sudanese are a bit ballsy, TBH, to even contemplate the thought that the Halayib triangle belongs to Sudan. One thinks the Nile water would bring war? Try seeing what happens with a most important and strategic bit of 20,000+ sqkm of land will cause!

Not only Sudan, but several other horrific decisions (or non-decisions) and mistakes he made that we're still paying the very heavy price for today.

I'll tell you what, I gotta hand it to you because you were the only one here who predicted the Sudan situation a long time ago and guess what, you don't usually see the EAF's F-16s positioned in Aswan. A very recent sat photo.

DTbcPlaWsAURJ0p.jpg

Put this together with the paratroopers in Eritrea and even the rapid deployment forces on the southern border and it's not hard to realize something is brewing. While these moves are 100% necessary, let's hope cooler heads prevail.

Beautifully put brother. Could not agree more. The bonds between KSA and Egypt are unbreakable. So much I can tell. For us in Hijaz, Egypt is a second homeland (not kidding). Anyone that experienced the unrest in Egypt while based in Hijaz would know what I am referring to. Or take a look at something as simple as wide-scale celebrations when Egypt qualified for the World Cup late last year.

[URL='http://alsudanalyoum.com/2017/12/22/%D8%A3%D8%B2%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%88%D9%82%D9%88%D8%AF-%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%AD%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%B1%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%85/']http://alsudanalyoum.com/2017/12/22/أزمة-وقود-حادة-تطحن-الخرطوم/[/URL]

[URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%B4%D9%87_%D8%A8%D8%AC%D9%86%D9%8A%D9%87?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash']https://twitter.com/hashtag/العيشه_بجنيه?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash[/URL]

[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_in_Sudan_(2011%E2%80%9313)']https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_in_Sudan_(2011–13)[/URL]

Some people seem to like to flaunt their ignorance. Well put and saved me some time, bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautifully put brother. Could not agree more. The bonds between KSA and Egypt are unbreakable. So much I can tell. For us in Hijaz, Egypt is a second homeland (not kidding). Anyone that experienced the unrest in Egypt while based in Hijaz would know what I am referring to. Or take a look at something as simple as wide-scale celebrations when Egypt qualified for the World Cup late last year.

Some people seem to like to flaunt their ignorance. Well put and saved me some time, bro.

Even if you ask any elderly in your family about Arabian peninsula during that time , they will tell you they revolted against ottman empire not Egypt . Muhammed Ali was no more than a Wali of ottman province of Egypt , this has nothing to do with Egyptians whom were also enslaved by ottmans just like the tribes of Arabian peninsula. Egyptians also revolted during Orabi revoltion and thousands of Egyptians were killed as a result of that this was during the same time Arabian tribes revolted against ottmans .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/‘Urabi_revolt

Even if you ask any elderly in your family about Arabian peninsula during that time , they will tell you they revolted against ottman empire not Egypt . Muhammed Ali was no more than a Wali of ottman province of Egypt , this has nothing to do with Egyptians whom were also enslaved by ottmans just like the tribes of Arabian peninsula. Egyptians also revolted during Orabi revoltion and thousands of Egyptians were killed as a result of that this was during the same time Arabian tribes revolted against ottmans .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/‘Urabi_revolt

Actually Ottoman presence was negligible in Arabia. For instance only Hijaz (in KSA) was under nominal control of the Ottomans (don't forget that most Ottoman citizens and much of the army was Arab) from 1517 until early 1900's but much of the time the entire area was self-governed by the Sharif of Makkah who was only second to the Ottoman Sultan in importance. Ottoman presence was limited to a few military garrisons and a few officials. Same story with parts of Yemen (Ottomans lost numerous wars in Yemen and were eventually kicked out). Oman and many other areas of Southern and Eastern Arabia were never under any Ottoman control (not even nominal) and the interior is self-explanotory.

As for those wars, indeed neither the people of KSA nor Egypt had anything to do with those 2 wars 200 years ago. Neither the people of Hijaz actually. It was an Albanian general who tried to put down a revolt (failed) led by a Najdi ruler that the Ottoman Sultan saw as a potential threat to his rule. Less than 100 years later, he was gone and so was his rule forever. Back then the civilians had nothing to say or very little compared to today.

It annoys me greatly that people seem to think that Islamic history began in 1517 when the Ottomans stole the Caliphate from the Arabs (Abbasids) after 1000 years of Arab (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid - Hijazi dynasties) rule and control.

Nothing to do with the discussion or the points me, you and @Gomig-21 were making or even remotely related today not to say that what occurred had nothing to do with the Egyptian people.

It would be comparable to if the House of Saud (one insane uncontrollable king - impossible today due to the Allegiance Council and the possibility to depose an incompetent king as done with King Saud 50+ years ago) declared war on Egypt tomorrow and forced a few locals (I imagine that they would need to employ some mercenaries from somewhere to have the Saudi Arabian army and people onboard). Makes no sense. Well, that is no comparison in fact as Egypt was under occupation back then by a foreign ALBANIAN regime who btw are also long gone. Most importantly Muhammad Ali however ended up rebelling against the Ottomans and was overall a good ruler for Egypt on some fronts. The tiny Circassian minority also dominated the bureaucracy in that short time period of Egypt. None of that thing now or for the past many, many years. Today Egyptians rule and so will the case be in the future.

Good to see this clip again. Been a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Ottoman presence was negligible in Arabia. For instance only Hijaz (in KSA) was under nominal control of the Ottomans (don't forget that most Ottoman citizens and much of the army was Arab) from 1517 until early 1900's but much of the time the entire area was self-governed by the Sharif of Makkah who was only second to the Ottoman Sultan in importance. Ottoman presence was limited to a few military garrisons and a few officials. Same story with parts of Yemen (Ottomans lost numerous wars in Yemen and were eventually kicked out). Oman and many other areas of Southern and Eastern Arabia were never under any Ottoman control (not even nominal) and the interior is self-explanotory.

As for those wars, indeed neither the people of KSA nor Egypt had anything to do with those 200 wars. It was an Albanian general who tried to put down a revolt (failed) that the Ottoman Sultan saw as a potential threat to his rule. Less than 100 years later, he was gone and so was his rule forever.

It annoys me greatly that people seem to think that Islamic history began in 1517 when the Ottomans stole the Caliphate from the Arabs (Abbasids) after 1000 years of Arab (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid - Hijazi dynasties) rule and control.

Nothing to do with the discussion or the points me, you and @Gomig-21 were making or even remotely related today not to say that what occurred had nothing to do with the Egyptian people.

It would be comparable to if the House of Saud (one insane uncontrollable king - impossible today due to the Allegiance Council and the possibility to depose an incompetent king as done with King Saud 50+ years ago) declared war on Egypt tomorrow and forced a few locals (I imagine that they would need to employ some mercenaries from somewhere to have the Saudi Arabian army and people onboard). Makes no sense. Well, that is no comparison in fact as Egypt was under occupation back then by a foreign ALBANIAN regime who btw are also long gone. The tiny Circassian minority also dominated the bureaucracy in that short time period of Egypt. None of that thing now or for the past many, many years. Today Egyptians rule and so will the case be in the future.

The Albanian Muhammed Ali was a soldier in Ottman empire and even though he did some reforms in Egypt the average native Egyptian did not benefit and thats why the country faced many internal revolts , Orabi revolt was one example until the Egyptian military coop in 1952 supported by native Egyptians .

As for those wars, indeed neither the people of KSA nor Egypt had anything to do with those 200 wars. It was an Albanian general who tried to put down a revolt (failed) that the Ottoman Sultan saw as a potential threat to his rule. Less than 100 years later, he was gone and so was his rule forever.

It would be comparable to if the House of Saud (one insane uncontrollable king - impossible today due to the Allegiance Council and the possibility to depose an incompetent king as done with King Saud 50+ years ago) declared war on Egypt tomorrow and forced a few locals (I imagine that they would need to employ some mercenaries from somewhere to have the Saudi Arabian army and people onboard). Makes no sense. Well, that is no comparison in fact as Egypt was under occupation back then by a foreign ALBANIAN regime who btw are also long gone. The tiny Circassian minority also dominated the bureaucracy in that short time period of Egypt. None of that thing now or for the past many, many years. Today Egyptians rule and so will the case be in the future.

Good to see this clip again. Been a long time.

I dont know the exact influence ottmans had but my point is all of these wars were waged by the ottman empire to continue their hold over the holy places .

The ottmans also pushed Albanian Wali of Egypt to help them in their wars with Russia and the Greek war of independence .

This is why Erdogan was attempting to support MB to take over Egypt , its part of his plan to encirlce Saudi Arabia , this can be evident by his base in Qatar and recent trip to Sudan .

I am sure Saudi intelligence and think tanks understand Turkish threat more than me .

The Albanian Muhammed Ali was a soldier in Ottman empire and even though he did some reforms in Egypt the average native Egyptian did not benefit and thats why the country faced many internal revolts , Orabi revolt was one example until the Egyptian military coop in 1952 supported by native Egyptians .

I dont know the exact influence ottmans had but my point is all of these wars were waged by the ottman empire to continue their hold over the holy places .

The ottmans also pushed Albanian Wali of Egypt to help them in their wars with Russia and the Greek war of independence .

This is why Erdogan was attempting to support MB to take over Egypt , its part of his plan to encirlce Saudi Arabia , this can be evident by his base in Qatar and recent trip to Sudan .

I am sure Saudi intelligence and think tanks understand Turkish threat more than me .

True. However it is worth noticing that the same Albanian Muhammad Ali revolted and proclaimed himself a ruler of Egypt and Sudan (Northern Sudan). Initially a vassal and later a ruler in his own right. Anyway I think that we have made the ground realities back then clear for all to see.

Erdogan's wet dreams are what they are. Wet dreams. Not worth taking seriously as I wrote in post 193.

BTW in Sudan, we are talking about leasing an island in order to renovate it (supposedly) but rest assured that Sudanese will not accept any foreign presence (military bases) in their country and the Omar al-Bashir regime can cancel this deal any given moment. It's still Sudanese territory. It would not surprise me in fact. It's not a threat either as this will always be an Arab neighborhood controlled and dominated by Arabs.

Anyway back to topic.

Korean industrial zone to be established in Marsa Matrouh: Source
  • 2018-01-13 15:05:57
upload_2018-1-13_21-27-13.jpeg

Egypt Today

A number of Korean businessmen and investors have negotiated last week with the governor of Marsa Matrouh governorate the establishment of an industrial zone in Matrouh that will span on two million feddans, an official source said Saturday. He said that the zone will include a number of industries, the types of which have not yet been identified by the Korean side.

He added that the Korean side could take more than six months to finish the project’s feasibility studies and decide on the value of investments that it intends to pump into the project. The zone, according to the source, will include 90-100 factories of different industries, the output of which will be exported. The source said that construction works would begin by the fourth quarter of 2018 after providing the zone with the needed infrastructure.

He added that Matrouh governorate has communicated with Egypt’s Industrial Development Authority (IDA) to start providing the area with the needed infrastructure so that it can be allocated to the Korean investors. In light of the Korean side’s keenness to conclude negotiations within six months, governor of Matrouh, Alaa Abou-Zeid, has requested a delegation from the Trade Industry to visit the area to determine what it needs from infrastructure and the time needed to provide it

Accordingly, a delegation from the ministry has visited the area and delegated the IDA to conduct studies on the cost and time needed to set up infrastructure in the area. A source at the Trade Ministry said that these studies would be completed by next April. Koran investments in Egypt stand at $500 million, focused in the fields of electronics and textiles.

Egyptian-Korean relations have been improving recently, after President Abdel-Fatah al-Sisi’s visit to Seoul in 2016, in which he signed nine agreements and memos with South Korean President Park Chung-hee in various fields. The deals included railway security system upgrades, the establishment of a joint technological university, developments at the Alexandria seaport, in addition to memoranda of understanding (MoUs) between the ministries of education, higher education, justice and trade from both countries.

Another MoU was signed between Egypt and the Korean export and import bank to facilitate $3 billion loans to Egypt.

https://www.egyptdailynews.com/deta...one-to-be-established-in-marsa-matrouh-source

Good to see Western Egypt not being neglected. Sparsely populated but the locals are extremely welcoming. An element of Badawi traces. The beaches along this part of the Mediterranean Sea are also some of the most secluded out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrouh_Governorate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersa_Matruh

Meanwhile,

Egypt hikes 2017-18 economic growth forecast to 5.3-5.5 percent
#BIG STORY 10
JANUARY 13, 2018 / 7:00 AM / UPDATED 8 HOURS AGO

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...wth-forecast-to-5-3-5-5-percent-idUSKBN1F20EA

Egypt tourism revenues jump 123.5 pct to $7.6 bln in 2017 -govt official
JANUARY 13, 2018 / 7:19 AM / UPDATED 9 HOURS AGO

https://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFL8N1P80B1

On top of that...an incredible $3.2 billion increase in exports in just 10 months! This is amazing! This is truly the definition of a booming economy and eventually it will all start showing in the streets with unemployment going down and the dreaded rise in inflation will get punched really hard as it already has. I'm going to try and show this to my Moroccan buddy and see his reaction lol. :D

$3.2bn increase in Egyptian exports during 10M 2017: CAPMAS

The total value of Egyptian exports during the period from January to October 2017 reached $21.1bn compared to $17.856bn a year prior, an increase of $3.236bn, according to a report issued by the Central Agency for Public Mobilisation and Statistics (CAPMAS). “The value of petroleum exports increased by $0.36bn, to reach $1.969bn, during the first...

The total value of Egyptian exports during the period from January to October 2017 reached $21.1bn compared to $17.856bn a year prior, an increase of $3.236bn, according to a report issued by the Central Agency for Public Mobilisation and Statistics (CAPMAS).

“The value of petroleum exports increased by $0.36bn, to reach $1.969bn, during the first 10 months (10M) of 2017, compared to $1.609bn during the same period of 2016,” the CAPMAS report stated.

The report noted that Egypt’s most important exports during 10M 2017 were fuels, cotton, raw materials, as well as semi-manufactured and fully manufactured goods.

The report stated that the value of fuel exports in the period from January to October 2017 reached $3.7bn, while cotton exports reached $58m.

“Egyptian exports of raw materials, semi-manufactured, and fully manufactured goods during the first 10 months of 2017 reached $17.1bn,” according to the same report.

Earlier on Saturday, the Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation announced that Egypt’s total exports of agricultural crops to different countries in 2017 increased to reach over 4. 8m tonnes, compared to 4.34m tonnes in 2016, revealing that citrus fruits were the most important crops exported last year, witnessing a great increase, with total exports amounting to about 1.4m tonnes.

https://dailynewsegypt.com/2018/01/14/3-2bn-increase-egyptian-exports-10m-2017-capmas/

======================================================================

All of that will then have a HUGE impact on the following, which will probably mean Sisi getting reelected in a landslide!

An idiot’s guide to Egypt’s 2018 presidential election

Candidates, campaigns, polls...Ahram Online has rounded up the key info on the March election
Zeinab El-Gundy , Sunday 14 Jan 2018

2018-636515639125986626-598.jpg

File photo An Egyptian woman casts her ballot for the presidential election at the Egyptian embassy in Amman (Photo: Reuters)

Egypt’s next presidential election will take place in late March, officials have announced, with candidate registration to be finalised in January, and a run-off round, if needed, scheduled for April.

The vote is the first presidential poll since 2014, when Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi beat Hamdeen Sabahi in a two-man race.

Below is Ahram Online’s comprehensive guide to this year’s elections.

What happens when?

The presidential race will officially start on 20 January, when the National Elections Authority will start to receive applications from candidates who want to run in the polls. The process will close on 29 January.

Candidates must receive endorsements from a minimum of 20 MPs, or 25,000 citizens from at least 15 governorates, with at least 1,000 endorsements from each governorate.

On 31 January, the NEA will publish the preliminary list of candidates in the state-owned Al-Ahram and Al-Akhbar newspapers, including their supporters and legal endorsements.

On 1 and 2 February, the authority will receive any objections and appeals from candidates, and from 1 to 5 February it will investigate these matters.

On 6 February, the NEA will announce candidates that are disqualified from running.

There will be a two-day period for appeals. The NEA will declare its rulings on any appeals on 9 February.

From 10 to 11 February, disqualified candidates are permitted to appeal the NEA's rulings in front of the High Administrative Court.

For 10 days from 12 to 21 February, the High Administrative Court will look into any appeals and issue verdicts, to be published in Al-Ahram and Al-Akhbar.

On 22 February, the remaining presidential candidates will choose their symbols in the elections. These symbols will appear on their campaigning material and on the ballot paper against their name.

On 24 February 2018, the official and final list of candidates will be announced by the authority.

On the same day, presidential campaigns will officially kick off. Campaigning is permitted for 11 days outside the country (until 13 March) and for 28 days inside Egypt (until 23 March).

Candidates can declare their withdrawal from the race up until 1 March.

The presidential campaigns targeting Egyptian expats must suspend their activities outside Egypt on 14 March.

From 16 to 18 March, Egyptians abroad who are eligible to vote will head to Egyptian embassies and consulates cast their ballot, with polls open from 9am to 9pm, according to the NEA.

Candidates will suspend campaign activities inside Egypt starting 24 March, and the first round of voting will take place from 26 to 28 March. Polling stations will be open from 9am to 9pm.

If no run-off is required – with one receiving 51 percent or more of the vote – the winner will be announced on 2 April.

If a run-off is required, a second round of voting will be held on 19 to 21 April for Egyptians voting abroad, and 24 to 26 April for voters in Egypt.

The final result of the run-off and the winner will be announced on 1 May.

The new National Elections Authority

These are the first presidential elections to be organised and supervised by the National Elections Authority; previous polls, both presidential and parliamentary, had been run by the High Elections Committee.

According to Article 229 of the constitution, the NEA, an independent state body, must replace the Presidential Elections Committee and the Parliamentary Elections Committee following the first presidential and parliamentary elections held after the adoption of the constitution.

The NEA is regulated by the National Elections Authority Law, which was ratified by President El-Sisi in August 2013.

The board of the NEA is made up of 10 members selected by the Supreme Judicial Council including the heads and deputies of the Court of Cassation, the Cairo Court of Appeals, and the State Council. The members will serve exclusively in the authority for at least one term of six years, according to Article 209 of the constitution.

The NEA board members are appointed by presidential decree.

The NEA will completely replace the judiciary in supervising the elections by 2024, in accordance with the constitution, which says that this must take place 10 years after the constitution takes effect.

The decisions and orders of the NEA can be challenged legally only via the High Administrative Court.

Eligibility to vote

Egyptian citizens have the right to vote starting 18 years of age. Article 2 of the political rights law (Law 45/2014) bans from voting those who suffer from mental disorders or are under judicial interdiction, or who have been convicted of a felony.

Active members of the Armed Forces and police are not allowed to vote unless they leave the service or retire.

In 2015, the number of eligible voters in Egypt was at least 54 million.

The current population of Egypt, according to the latest census in 2017, is 94.98 million Egyptians inside the country and a further 9.4 million living abroad.

Candidate eligibility

Article 141 of the constitution, as well as the presidential elections law of 2014, say that presidential candidates must meet the following requirements:

They should be an Egyptian citizen born to Egyptian parents, and neither they, their parents, nor their spouse may hold any other nationality.

They must enjoy full civil and political rights, and must have performed national military service or have been exempted according to the law.

They should not suffer from any physical or mental disease that could affect their ability to perform their presidential duties.

They should be no less than 40 years old on the day of candidate registration.

They should not have received a final conviction for a felony or a crime involving immoral acts.

They must hold at least a bachelor’s degree.

Who are the candidates so far?

President El-Sisi has not yet declared his intention to run for office in 2018. However, several unofficial popular support campaigns for his candidacy have been collecting endorsements from all over Egypt in recent weeks.

The ‘So you can build it’ campaign says that it collected over 10 million endorsements of El-Sisi’s candidature so far.

Over 500 MPs have also signed endorsements for El-Sisi.

In several interviews and speeches, El-Sisi has hinted that he will run if the public wants him to do so.

In November 2017, Khaled Ali, a well-known lawyer who works on human rights issues, declared his intention to run.

Ali previously ran for president in the 2012 elections, where he came in seventh.

To be eligible for candidacy, the leftist founder of the Bread and Freedom party must win an appeal against a three-month prison sentence he received in September 2017 for offending public decency.

The lawyer was charged with the crime after allegedly making a rude hand gesture outside the State Council headquarters during a demonstration in January, which celebrated a legal victory against the April 2016 Egypt-Saudi border demarcation agreement.

Ali will also have to collect the necessary endorsements before 29 January.

In October 2017, former MP Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat declared his intention to run for president, but he has not received much media attention.

The liberal politician accused the government in December of not letting him hold a press conference at a Cairo hotel to discuss his presidential candidacy.

The founder of the Reform and Development Party was expelled from parliament in February 2017 for leaking a copy of the then-draft NGO law to foreign embassies.

El-Sadat has criticised the timetable of the presidential elections in statements to Russian-based Sputnik radio, describing it as too short.

He has also alleged that the results of the elections have been pre-determined.

Former Army Chief-of-Staff Sami Anan has also declared his candidacy as a member of the little-known Egypt Arabism Party.

The 69-year-old Anan had previously announced his intention to run in the 2014 election but eventually changed his mind.

The 2014 elections

President El-Sisi, whose current presidential term will end in June, won the 2014 presidential elections in a two-man race with nearly 97 percent of the vote.

Many observers and analysts favour El-Sisi in the upcoming elections.

According to the constitution, presidents may serve a maximum of two terms.

El-Sisi’s rival in the 2014 elections, veteran Nasserite politician Hamdeen Sabahi, said earlier this month that he had no intention to run in 2018
http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/287913.aspx

The story of a homeland conference

Al-Sisi:

- Over the past 4 years we have completed 11 thousand projects with 3 projects per day at a cost of LE 20 trillion

- By mid-2019 we will finish reclamation of one million acres

- An ambitious plan for the development of the petroleum sector was implemented and 62 search and exploration agreements were signed. The added reserves of natural gas discoveries have doubled eight times over the period from 2010 to 2014.. Reaching 36.8 trillion square feet.

- Projects for the development of natural gas fields have been implemented with a total investment of 12.6 billion dollars to reach 5 million square feet per day, an increase of 130% over the period from 2010 to 2014.

- We succeeded in getting pure drinking water to 96% of Egyptian households

- The word Egypt has become heard in all forums and Egyptian positions have become a place of respect and appreciation of all

- A survey was carried out to detect the virus CL of 5.2 million people and the treatment was provided to 1.4 million patients at a cost of about 3.7 billion pounds

- 30 June 2018, 200 thousand feddans will be cultivated in addition to the one and a half million acres project

- We succeeded in filling the power deficit

- Since last September, no boat has left for illegal immigration from Egypt

- We prepare a generation capable of carrying the trust and the responsibility of the state "Not to come to government to learn"

- If I had postponed the decision of economic reform in order to preserve my popularity " It would have been a betrayal to the Nation"

Visit of the Ethiopian Prime Minister to Cairo

Sisi and Ethiopia's prime minister witness the signing of a number of agreements

The press conference between Sisi and the Prime Minister of Ethiopia

Al-Sisi
: I have paid two visits to Ethiopia to strengthen cooperation between us

- The establishment of an Egyptian industrial zone in Ethiopia

- Electrical connection and agricultural projects

- Egypt and Ethiopia have the political will to overcome any obstacles in order to strengthen the relations of cooperation between the two countries

Ethiopian Prime Minister:

- We emphasize the importance of Egypt

- We stand with Egypt against terrorism

- The Nile River should be a source of cooperation between the two countries

- The Nile River is the lifeline of the existence of Egypt

- Al Nahda Dam represents a development component for Ethiopia and Egypt

- The dam will not be harmful to any country

- Ethiopia will harm Egypt by the dam

- We agreed that the Nile River would not be a source of dispute between the two countries

- The construction of the Nahdha dam was an attempt to overcome our poverty and it will not cause any harm to any side

Egypt chosen to establish a $ 20 billion electric car factory

The founder and president of the Federation of the Arab World signed a cooperation protocol with the Chairman of the Italian company Vercar Model, to establish the first production line and a factory for electric cars in Egypt worth 20 billion dollars.

https://goo.gl/1idrgZ

26001417_1813401135359661_1132944390542357333_n.jpg

25994585_1813401252026316_4606313249156307995_n.jpg

26219163_1813401308692977_4194028545884617801_n.jpg

Pictures from the opening byPresident Abdul Fattah al-Sisi of one of the largest spinning factories in Africa and the Middle East in Menoufia

19554936_1839652752734499_5379981440426919682_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom