What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Ghostkiller , possibly a deal for 75 to 100 of these LCAs by sometime next year according to Mahmoud Gamal. I still like the Tejas and/or the Aermacchi MB-326. Either of those 3 would be fine for the EAF IMO.
Honetly, I am against the idea to procure the Tejas rn maybe when it will get mature. India is still lacking for their timelines. Why would we procure an aircraft that isn't still mass produced by the country of origins.

@Gomig-21 In Egypt, the economic situation isn't ideal at all so we don't have the luxury to buy loads of aircrafts.

Honetly, I am against the idea to procure the Tejas rn maybe when it will get mature. India is still lacking for their timelines. Why would we procure an aircraft that isn't still mass produced by the country of origins.

@Gomig-21 In Egypt, the economic situation isn't ideal at all so we don't have the luxury to buy loads of aircrafts.

I am aware of the economic situation, but I think this was a strong interest from over a year and a half ago and I think they have a separate budget for these types of military acquisitions. I also think the ToT deal offered by India was the most appealing. As far as the number of aircraft, the high quantity was something the EAF was wishing for and I believe South Korea had offered a package for 75 - 100 aircraft.

Either way, I think you're most likely correct in that they probably won't be pursuing any large and costly contracts for now until things improve a lot more.

It does put into question all the other items they were interested in such as the Scorpene subs, the additional order of Rafales on top of the news that there was quite the crazy interest in the Charles De Gaul AC! So many nutty reports out there on top of the likely large deposit they made to Sukhoi for the 30 Su-35Ss that they undoubtedly lost as a result of backing out of the deal. Then they still have the remaining 2 Mekos to get and pay for. So yeah, they're most likely very extended financially ATM.

The Fahds seem to be selling well with a recent contract with France and the UN.

1690405078926.png

1690405096406.png

1690405257178.png

1690405272314.png

Speaking of the Mekos and the billions they've spent on the navy, The first pic is a good indication.

1690405470899.png

1690405516615.png

1690405546654.png

Interesting "net frame" under the Oto main gun. Anyone know if that's there to catch the spent shells? Or for something else?

1690405814131.png

Germans have always built great ships with excellent armament. These Mekos are beauties to compliment the Bergaminis.

1690405895461.png

1690405975000.png

1690405990133.png

1690406010755.png

1690406026352.png

1690406053354.png

Attachments

• 1690405503434.png
    1690405503434.png
    634.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1690405935467.png
    1690405935467.png
    634.3 KB · Views: 26
This whole Su-35 saga is bordering the ridiculously hilarious now. It's like where's Waldo find Waldo, lol! I hope there's definitive news soon.
I trust this youtuber more than the other one (Marker). Marker is sometime bullshiting, says what Tactical Report says so repeating without real sources.
The SU-35 will be an eternal saga hahahha

I trust this youtuber more than the other one (Marker). Marker is sometime bullshiting, says what Tactical Report says so repeating without real sources.
The SU-35 will be an eternal saga hahahha
Rather, Marker is truer than this petty

Does anyone believe this madman?
The last pictures were last June on the factory floo
r

It is not sure the EAF wants the Tejas but rather some avionics tech and weapons tech mostly..

It is not sure the EAF wants the Tejas but rather some avionics tech and weapons tech mostly..
I think too also. Because the Tejas isn't that LIFT type aircraft. Real LIFT aircraft are TAI HURJET, T/FA-50, M-346 etc...

@Gomig-21

1690582332829.png

Funny cuz I was just catching up on some of the navy's newer weapon's systems and because they've bought so much in the past 10 years that one forgets some of the very potent stuff they've actually ordered as far as armament is concerned and that is the MICA VL New Generation for the new Gowind Corvettes. This was the article I was reading about and made me think of the Meteors and even the MICA NG for the new and original Rafales. It looks like these New Generation MICA VLS missiles are identical to the A2A ones.

Egypt becomes the first international customer for MBDA’s VL MICA New Generation surface-to-air system​

February 25, 2021

1690581812601.png

MBDA has been awarded a contract from the Egyptian Navy for the VL MICA NG (New Generation) air defense system to equip its Egyptian corvettes.

Officially launched in October 2020, the VL MICA NG system is based on the integration of the MICA NG (New Generation) missile into the existing VL MICA point and close area air defense system.

The VL MICA NG system offers improved capabilities to handle atypical targets (UAVs, small aircraft), as well as future threats characterized by increasingly low observable infrared and radio frequency signatures. Additionally, VL MICA NG will be able to intercept ‘conventional’ targets (aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles and anti-ship missiles) at longer distances.

Eric Béranger, MBDA CEO, said: “This agreement proves the confidence of our Egyptian customer in our VL MICA family, which 15 armed forces around the world already use for the protection of their naval and land forces.”

The Egyptian Navy already equips its four Gowind class corvettes, recently procured from the French Naval Group shipyards, with systems from the VL MICA family.

1690581981667.png

1690582009262.png

SOURCE: MBDA

Back
Top Bottom