What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Some nice new close-ups of 3 of the newest EAF heavy member.

EpCpJNhW4AI-PXD

EpCpJ1aWMAIsdck

EpCpKV7XMAYIenN

EpCpKxfXIAAi3oh

Will these be delivered next year?

Will these be delivered next year?

From what we know just from local sources is that at least 5 have already been delivered and are in Egypt being flown and trained on by EAF pilots. A total order of 30 units should be finalized by the end of 2023 I would think, the way the Russians build these.

Theoretical modernisation of M1A1 with indigenous RWS similar to CROWS.

The Egyptian Abrams could've had A LOT of add-ons as well as beneficial modifications to suit the harsh desert environment but are handcuffed with regulations to do absolutely nothing without US permission, especially on modifications or add-ons that would be exponential improvements such as an APC system.

Not until the engines getting constantly and intolerably cutout because of the OEM air filters getting way too clogged up from all the EGY desert sand and dust that the Egyptian engineers -- from A LOT of previous experiences with this exact issue on many other forms of armored vehicles and even helicopters --- had developed their own, indigenous air filter that was made up of very simple material yet didn't allow the dust and sand to collect and clog on this material and gave the engines so much more air breathing conditions that they were running a huge percentage better (with all those non-existent clogging now) and having replaced all the filters on approximately 1,300 tanks without approaching the US about it (since they thought it was an essential thing to do and not a big deal) but mentioned in a following maintenance logging and once the US officials learned about this new filter installed without their approval on the Abrams, they took a nutty of epic proportions.

On one of the TV programs I was watching about this particular event, the military personnel talking about the situation was shaking his head and of course they went into the inability to make any improvements on almost all US machinery no matter what kind without US approval FIRST and whenever they promote any idea first like the US wants and contacts to be done, the Egyptians are almost 100% denied the modification for some reason or another.

Most think that it's only the AIM-120 and the Long Bow radar for the Apache that are the denied items from US equipment when the reality is much worst than that and why since Sisi has been president, Egypt had been looking elsewhere for almost every single thing including tanks.

Seems like everyone who's been participating in this thread is taking a long break? I don't blame you, it's been a very difficult year and it can't end soon enough. Happy New Year to all of you InshaAllah things turn around for the New Year.

Well, it looks like Al Galala has arrived at the Alexandria dock. Very exciting to see this incredibly lethal ship finally in the Egyptian navy's hands. Followed by the Tahya Misr FREMM and the Gowind 2500 Al Fateh.

Eqkg2B1XYAA5MjU

Al-Galala-FFG-1002-Egypt-Luca-Peruzzi-1.jpg

Eqk2DFXWMAA229N

Last edited:

Ep4a-WBXIAE1tom

Something tells me that the obvious paint scheme and particularly the color that at least this particular helicopter will be designated for naval usage. Whether for strictly SAR or transport and utility, the smoky grey is typically a naval color scheme and the Italians were using this AW-139 for their navy as an SAR designated helo if I'm not mistaken.

Prior to this order, the armed forces were operating 2 AW-139 helos and both were painted in the red & white SAR mission colors and used strictly in that way.

Ep4a_eyXUAERhUk

Here's the Italian one used in their navy, assuming "Aeronautica Militare" is Italian for "Naval Military"?

1024px-Italian_Helicopter_HH139%2C_Trident_Juncture_15_%28cropped%29.jpg

Ep4a-WBXIAE1tom

Something tells me that the obvious paint scheme and particularly the color that at least this particular helicopter will be designated for naval usage. Whether for strictly SAR or transport and utility, the smoky grey is typically a naval color scheme and the Italians were using this AW-139 for their navy as an SAR designated helo if I'm not mistaken.

Prior to this order, the armed forces were operating 2 AW-139 helos and both were painted in the red & white SAR mission colors and used strictly in that way.

Ep4a_eyXUAERhUk

Here's the Italian one used in their navy, assuming "Aeronautica Militare" is Italian for "Naval Military"?

1024px-Italian_Helicopter_HH139%2C_Trident_Juncture_15_%28cropped%29.jpg
I agree, it is probably for naval use like this Westland Seaking is.

1609554391662.png

The Egyptian Abrams could've had A LOT of add-ons as well as beneficial modifications to suit the harsh desert environment but are handcuffed with regulations to do absolutely nothing without US permission, especially on modifications or add-ons that would be exponential improvements such as an APC system.

Not until the engines getting constantly and intolerably cutout because of the OEM air filters getting way too clogged up from all the EGY desert sand and dust that the Egyptian engineers -- from A LOT of previous experiences with this exact issue on many other forms of armored vehicles and even helicopters --- had developed their own, indigenous air filter that was made up of very simple material yet didn't allow the dust and sand to collect and clog on this material and gave the engines so much more air breathing conditions that they were running a huge percentage better (with all those non-existent clogging now) and having replaced all the filters on approximately 1,300 tanks without approaching the US about it (since they thought it was an essential thing to do and not a big deal) but mentioned in a following maintenance logging and once the US officials learned about this new filter installed without their approval on the Abrams, they took a nutty of epic proportions.

On one of the TV programs I was watching about this particular event, the military personnel talking about the situation was shaking his head and of course they went into the inability to make any improvements on almost all US machinery no matter what kind without US approval FIRST and whenever they promote any idea first like the US wants and contacts to be done, the Egyptians are almost 100% denied the modification for some reason or another.

Most think that it's only the AIM-120 and the Long Bow radar for the Apache that are the denied items from US equipment when the reality is much worst than that and why since Sisi has been president, Egypt had been looking elsewhere for almost every single thing including tanks.
I can only hope the Egyptian tank project will be succesful. It will allow Egypt to do whatever the hell it wants with its own tanks instead of having to listen to the nagging of the Americans about any small thing.

Factory 200 has a lot of experience, and with AIO as optical provider it can surely be done. Maybe with collab of 5-6 factories it can be made as much Egyptian made as possible excluding neccessary parts that Egypt doesnt produce yet.

1609554495568.png

I agree, it is probably for naval use like this Westland Seaking is.

Funny when you look at that helo, the bottom (especially the front) is designed like the bottom of a boat's hull. Looks like they designed it to land on water and do its business although it's much rarer to see then land on water like Chinooks make use of that capability. Even the EAF's Chinooks land in water and dump cargo and Seals out the back more than the Sea King and the Chinook's bottom is not even close to the design of a boat's hull like the Sea King. Although it does have those two, long, built-in buoy-like sides to the hull which is pretty ingenious to probably help it float better.

1609556030180.png

Is that EAF Chinook pic ^^ above showing up?

Chinooks in water? All day long.
main-qimg-e81830e495b9b1022cdb398067b8e872

main-qimg-c44bc16cd800a2c7131deaede05fa2a9

main-qimg-571a3375165925c4b013db9e51f2c59c

Look at the bottom of this thing lol. Just like a boat plane.

1214648.jpg

Seakings? Not so often but with that hull design, you would think it spends most of its time on the water.

main-qimg-940a8a7481adf67807c61ae1318dfe13

in some cases they have to add inflatable buoys to the wheel hubs.

main-qimg-ebe988a590b7848e4cb464c1a5234ca2

Last edited:
Turkey Navy also doesn't have long range air Defenses in their Navy

But they're still a very powerful navy, arguably the most powerful in the MENA region. Besides, I don't think they consider or label the FREMMs by either the French or Italian-built ones as 'destroyers' either. Destroyers are the next class & size up from these. The FREMMs are considered frigates, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
But they're still a very powerful navy, arguably the most powerful in the MENA region. Besides, I don't think they consider or label the FREMMs by either the French or Italian-built ones as 'destroyers' either. Destroyers are the next class & size up from these. The FREMMs are considered frigates, I'm pretty sure.
But the FREMM Bergamini from what it offers from capabilities it's a destroyer
And yeah they have strongest Navy in middle east but always remember that our Navy never lost a single Battle in it's entire history (Correct me if am wrong)
Even in 1967 defeat the navy was the weapon that didn't lose in fact it stopped an Israeli Submarine from mining the Egyptian Fleet near coast of Alexandria and the crew was captured

Back
Top Bottom