What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Gomig-21 @Foinikas @The SC

Maybe we will see the Meteor missile? But I don't understand, the French Air and Space Force will do an internship in Egypt, or they will send "instructors" to Egypt to train our pilots

GsSoedfzqBmYeHdnDjOYD9Du5SnxxB-xNlX_0Caebcv-36Cy-Tzh-oIWcs3vlmWb96Jh97h0WMSh5ow=s1308-nd-v1

Again to Serbia? It was yesterday.

@Gomig-21 @Foinikas @The SC

Maybe we will see the Meteor missile?

What makes you think the meteor is involved, ya rayis? Because they're sending a special delegation to the weapons school in Egypt?

Interesting what he said: "Visiting my counterpart in the Egyptian Air Force, a partner who uses Mirage 2000 and Rafale, I was able to see the tactical convergences between the Fighter Weapon School and our Air Warfare Center."

The weapons school has been something that has been around now for a few years and part of the academy as well as other events such as continued education even for pilots who have been flying for many hours, they still can get back to the school to brush up on new skills and keep up with all the new weapons etc. It's a good thing because I doubt the EAF will be invited to RED FLAG anytime soon and neither does it needs to. So it's all good.

I didn't realize they had so many red tags to remove before flight on these aircraft. Look at all of them lol! I count.......7 visible ones just on the front there but there's probably 10 altogether hidden behind the Egyptian Chief.

1669562690379.png

Not just anybody running this whole thing, but a veteran of the Mirage 2000 and now the Rafale.

But I also like the simulator they're looking at which I'm assuming is part of this weapon's school they've put together for a while, now. Nice state of the art simulator with the exact looking throttle like in the Rafale. Can't see the stick on the other side but I bet it's also the same exact thing as the real thing. Looking good. Hopefully they have a BUNCH of these at what, $3.8 million a piece? lmaoooo (just kidding I don't really know how much those are but I bet they are super expensive).

1669563027058.png

Now this is a VERY interesting picture being two things stick out at me right away. The first is the book that the général Stéphane Mille, chef d'état-major de l'armée de l'Air et de l'Espace Francaise is HUUUUGE! Looks like 2 books but either way, those must be filled with some of the most important dignitaries to ever visit these super restricted areas.

On top of that, what is that we see to the right of the pic or to the left of the general, is that the next version of the SCALP EG (NG)? The only thing that looks different to me is the brass/gold tip cover and the size of the cruise missile is about 1/3 less than the typical SCALP EG. Most likely a model.

1669563498211.png

Last edited:
Just I want to see the Meteor in Egypt hahahaha

I think you had posted this before that during a video by the military spokesman @EgyArmySpox on the occasion of the celebration of the Egyptian Air Force for its 90th anniversary, the commander of the Egyptian Air Force appeared next to a model of the Rafale fighter jet loaded with long-range SCALPs AND Meteors... @The SC must be right about the next new batch of 30 fighters coming will be equipped with of course SCALPs since those are already with the first batch but can't wait to see them packed with meteors, too.

Especially when Qatar & India already have them. Saudiya we never mind them when they get these weapons ahead of us for many reasons, most of all they're our super brothers in every imaginable way. And I realize that our Rafales were the first export models ever and so were considered not ready to have the meteor be part of their weapon's package and that it was supposed to be a rather simple software and partial hardware upgrade to make them compatible to be able to carry and fire the missile. @ $1.5 million a piece (I think that's what @sami_1 the man said about their cost) which is beyond highway robbery as far as cost per missile in the export market which makes most countries not order that many in the first place, but still, the upgrade on our Rafales from F-3 to F-3Rs should've been completed by now (it's been what, 4 years since they've been inducted in the EAF?) or even longer since the original 3 were first delivered. So the upgrade should've been completed by now and and the meteor missile in Egypt and mounted on our Rafales a long time ago, just like the Qatari ones.

What is going on here? I would tag @Vergennes but he hasn't been responding to my tags maybe because I might've opened my big fat mouth and complained about something to do with the French when they've been nothing but great with Egypt so two things - 1) shut up about any negativity about France and 2) @Vergennes pardon mon amis if I said anything derogatory about La France. Maybe someone has a decent answer that makes sense besides Israel has put the kiobach on Dassault and MBDA since I don't think they have any clout (strength) whatsoever to hold against either of those two entities to put such pressure on them against Egypt receiving the meteor missile.

BTW, you gotta give them credit for the camouflage scheme they chose for not only their Rafales, but their F-15s and not sure if they had them done to their Eurofighter Typhoons, but these here look really great. Nice choice. The only thing I wonder if is makes a difference is if there is a degradation in the supposed low visibility these jets are considered to have with their conventional grey paint that all other air forces that use this fighter have, including L'Armee de L'Air. Otherwise it really looks amazing and so do their Typhoons and F-15s in this very neat camo scheme.

1669576558614.png

I posted one earlier with meteor missiles on it but can't seem to find it.

In a video by the military spokesman @EgyArmySpox on the occasion of the celebration of the Air Force for its 90th anniversary, the commander of the Egyptian Air Force appeared next to a model of the fighter the Rafale is loaded with long-range SCALPs and Meteors.

1669572603547.png

1669572681046.png

Interesting review article on the Al Aziz, the MEKO A200 of 4 or possibly 6 maybe?

VESSEL REVIEW | Al-Aziz – Egyptian Navy missile frigate boasts low observability technology.

1669571798587.png

Nice pic of F. Zekry Ambassador MK III headed fast to somewhere.

1669577121469.png

Last edited:
I think you had posted this before that during a video by the military spokesman @EgyArmySpox on the occasion of the celebration of the Egyptian Air Force for its 90th anniversary, the commander of the Egyptian Air Force appeared next to a model of the Rafale fighter jet loaded with long-range SCALPs AND Meteors... @The SC must be right about the next new batch of 30 fighters coming will be equipped with of course SCALPs since those are already with the first batch but can't wait to see them packed with meteors, too.

Especially when Qatar & India already have them. Saudiya we never mind them when they get these weapons ahead of us for many reasons, most of all they're our super brothers in every imaginable way. And I realize that our Rafales were the first export models ever and so were considered not ready to have the meteor be part of their weapon's package and that it was supposed to be a rather simple software and partial hardware upgrade to make them compatible to be able to carry and fire the missile. @ $1.5 million a piece (I think that's what @sami_1 the man said about their cost) which is beyond highway robbery as far as cost per missile in the export market which makes most countries not order that many in the first place, but still, the upgrade on our Rafales from F-3 to F-3Rs should've been completed by now (it's been what, 4 years since they've been inducted in the EAF?) or even longer since the original 3 were first delivered. So the upgrade should've been completed by now and and the meteor missile in Egypt and mounted on our Rafales a long time ago, just like the Qatari ones.

What is going on here? I would tag @Vergennes but he hasn't been responding to my tags maybe because I might've opened my big fat mouth and complained about something to do with the French when they've been nothing but great with Egypt so two things - 1) shut up about any negativity about France and 2) @Vergennes pardon mon amis if I said anything derogatory about La France. Maybe someone has a decent answer that makes sense besides Israel has put the kiobach on Dassault and MBDA since I don't think they have any clout (strength) whatsoever to hold against either of those two entities to put such pressure on them against Egypt receiving the meteor missile.

BTW, you gotta give them credit for the camouflage scheme they chose for not only their Rafales, but their F-15s and not sure if they had them done to their Eurofighter Typhoons, but these here look really great. Nice choice. The only thing I wonder if is makes a difference is if there is a degradation in the supposed low visibility these jets are considered to have with their conventional grey paint that all other air forces that use this fighter have, including L'Armee de L'Air. Otherwise it really looks amazing and so do their Typhoons and F-15s in this very neat camo scheme.

View attachment 900967

I posted one earlier with meteor missiles on it but can't seem to find it.

In a video by the military spokesman @EgyArmySpox on the occasion of the celebration of the Air Force for its 90th anniversary, the commander of the Egyptian Air Force appeared next to a model of the fighter the Rafale is loaded with long-range SCALPs and Meteors.

View attachment 900954
View attachment 900956

Interesting review article on the Al Aziz, the MEKO A200 of 4 or possibly 6 maybe?

VESSEL REVIEW | Al-Aziz – Egyptian Navy missile frigate boasts low observability technology.

View attachment 900951

Nice pic of F. Zekry Ambassador MK III headed fast to somewhere.

View attachment 900968
That's why we need a local or a licence production of a AAM. Like our Marker said, the Astra may be in the talks to integrate on the Rafales. We need that so we compensate the little of number of Meteor (if we contracted them ofc but surely we bought some). Don't forget about the MICA NG (which we still don't know the range of it). So if France accepted to integrate Astra on our Rafales, then we would have a serious combo ofAAM like Astra + MICA IR/ER/NG + Meteor.

At least the pilots are safe. Any ideas what kind of aircraft that got crashed?

الحمدلله على سلامة الطيارين indeed and really that's all that matters. It would be good to eventually know what type of aircraft was involved and maybe they'll announce it sometime soon. But honestly, I don't remember the last time the army actually made a statement like this, do you? Usually, they don't say anything lol and it shows up online or in the newspapers or something like that. But an official statement!?

One thing we know for sure is they are getting a lot of training, more so than I can ever remember it seems which is a good thing.

Not sure if this was posted before, but I think this is after getting its modifications completed in Italy and getting ready to head back to Egypt. They should stock up on these.

1669596377381.png

Last edited:
Six Eurofighter Typhoons of the Italian Air Force take off for Exercise Cobra Warrior from RAF Waddington, before returning..

Can't wait to see it in the EAF..

Last edited:
الحمدلله على سلامة الطيارين indeed and really that's all that matters. It would be good to eventually know what type of aircraft was involved and maybe they'll announce it sometime soon. But honestly, I don't remember the last time the army actually made a statement like this, do you? Usually, they don't say anything lol and it shows up online or in the newspapers or something like that. But an official statement!?

One thing we know for sure is they are getting a lot of training, more so than I can ever remember it seems which is a good thing.

Not sure if this was posted before, but I think this is after getting its modifications completed in Italy and getting ready to head back to Egypt. They should stock up on these.

View attachment 901018
Our MoD doesn't specify the type of aircraft the last time, we knew that it was F-16 because old the orange strip on the wings. Honestly, I hope it would be more a F-16 rather than any other type of aircraft hahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom