What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Seals

Post some thunderbolt forces training if available

You just did Doritos.

Thunderbolt or Sa'ka is the colloquial term for the Egyptian Special Forces. The video you have posted is of the yearly SEAL course, it's used to prepare Special Forces soldiers for life in the forces 'tier one' units, namely units like 777 ICT&HR, 999 (which itself is compromised of different units for different roles), or the Navy Special Forces Brigade.

There isn't much footage of them in training, although we do know what they go through.

1,130 M1 Abrams- All in service.

Around 1,700 M60A3 tanks- number in service may be much much lower.

Around 1500 T-55, T-62 tanks upgraded to different standards in storage with only a very limited number in service.

Do you guys produce/import tungsten or DU rounds..?

Do you guys produce/import tungsten or DU rounds..?

Production of tungsten rounds is confirmed to be local, we still don't know if DU rounds are imported (I doubt they would be given we would need to procure a lot, makes more sense producing them locally), some rounds, such as tracer rounds are imported though (small scale purchases though).

Production of tungsten rounds is confirmed to be local, we still don't know if DU rounds are imported (I doubt they would be given we would need to procure a lot, makes more sense producing them locally), some rounds, such as tracer rounds are imported though (small scale purchases though).

Heard DU is absent from the Egyptian Abrams armour.. anyhow any link/specs of the local Tungsten round would be appreciated.

Heard DU is absent from the Egyptian Abrams armour.. anyhow any link/specs of the local Tungsten round would be appreciated.

Yep, what the Egyptian Abrams has as its armour remains classified. What most ex-US tankers and tank nuts I have spoken to believe what the Egyptian Abrams has is a variant of the Burlington armour (which became the Chobham armour on the Chally). In anycase they believe it has the same armour characteristics as the M1A1HA.

As for the rounds...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a pic from inside one of the factories...

attachment.php

All the above featured in an interview with the then Minister for Military Industry Gen/Ridah Hafez may he rest in peace. The interview took place 2 years ago and gave a glimpse into Egypt's military industry

Yep, what the Egyptian Abrams has as its armour remains classified. What most ex-US tankers and tank nuts I have spoken to believe what the Egyptian Abrams has is a variant of the Burlington armour (which became the Chobham armour on the Chally). In anycase they believe it has the same armour characteristics as the M1A1HA.

As for the rounds...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a pic from inside one of the factories...

attachment.php

All the above featured in an interview with the then Minister for Military Industry Gen/Ridah Hafez may he rest in peace. The interview took place 2 years ago and gave a glimpse into Egypt's military industry

im talkin abt the specs brah.

Same specs as those used and produced by the US, since they're produced locally under license.

If you are talkin abt the round in the last pic.. isnt tht a Alliant Techsystems training round (produced under license) by Egypt!?

If you are talkin abt the round in the last pic..

All the rounds featured in the above pictures are produced in Egypt.

isnt tht a Alliant Techsystems training round (produced under license) by Egypt!?

I'm not much of a tank nut so I'm not sure what the round is, although we do produce several training rounds locally. Why is that hard to believe?

The first pics = KEW-A1,M830 round... Egypt bought them from US...

May have done so in the past, however all the rounds showcased are produced locally. You are welcome to watch the video with the former Minister for Military Industry Gen/Ridah Hafez, everything on show in this video is produced locally and the exhibition was to show a part of what Egypt produces locally. As you can see the title on the stills means examples of Egypt's military industry.

US embassy Cairo cables:

Cable: 08CAIRO1353_a

Date of cable 2008. Date of exhibition 2012.

Stills from said video

Small arms ammunition

attachment.php

Mortars

attachment.php

M88 Hercules

attachment.php

HETT

attachment.php

SIVF's and EIVF- modified M113s with turrets from Bradleys.

attachment.php

Small arms.
attachment.php

Last edited:
May have done so in the past, however all the rounds showcased are produced locally. You are welcome to watch the video with the former Minister for Military Industry Gen/Ridah Hafez, everything on show in this video is produced locally and the exhibition was to show a part of what Egypt produces locally. As you can see the title on the stills means examples of Egypt's military industry.

Date of cable 2008. Date of exhibition 2012.

Stills from said video

Small arms ammunition

attachment.php

Mortars

attachment.php

M88 Hercules

attachment.php

HETT

attachment.php

SIVF's and EIVF- modified M113s with turrets from Bradleys.

attachment.php

Small arms.
attachment.php

You might produce other rounds KEW-1A is imported... while the rounds you showed in the last pic are from ATS deal... and i think Egypt imported KEW rounds from USA in 2002 (the last time) ...

US defence:

United States Department of Defense (defense.gov)

P.S: US army doesnt this round.. it is downgraded bro... also they have shifted to DU ...

Back
Top Bottom