What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Why a head-scratcher bro..the Mig-29 M/M2 came in the two camos.. the desert one and the naval type.. since the start.. or you got used to see only the naval camo..?

I haven't seen a single pic of any of the MiG-29s in Egypt with that desert camo until that snippet in the video. Every one of them has been photographed with the blue camo, leading at least myself (probably many others too) that they decided to switch camos from the desert to the blue prior to delivery.

Besides that snippet, have you seen the desert camo on the MiGs while in Egypt before this video? Any other pics or videos? The only one I've seen is the one of the closeup of the pilot flying with the background that looks like it could be either Egypt or Russia. But I've never seen that camo in Egypt that's why I was surprised to see those two.

This is the only camo I was aware of. Last year in Greece.

1649545151440.png

1649545129721.png

1649545172558.png

Sweet and rare high res. pic of EAF Mirage 2K also in Greece. Double click on each image to get large hi res.

1649545248143.png

I do. I don't remember if they did come up with an agreement and purchased any of them, do you know?

BTW, pause the video @ minute 2:47 and take a look at the camo scheme of those two MiG-29M/M2s and tell me what you think. This is obviously in Egypt which makes it even more of a head-scratcher.

View attachment 832447
View attachment 832449
View attachment 832462
View attachment 832451
View attachment 832452
View attachment 832463
View attachment 832453
View attachment 832469
View attachment 832454
View attachment 832455
View attachment 832456
View attachment 832457
View attachment 832458
View attachment 832465

View attachment 832466

F-16D block 52. If they have the Pratt & Whitney engines, then they're block-52. If they have the GE engines, then they're block 50. Interesting that the EAF chose the P&W engines on these jets since the majority of the block 40s and upgraded block 32s have the GE engines. There was a rumor going around that the GE engines were a bit easier to maintain while offering the same performance as the P&Ws, which made this choice rather interesting. Also knowing that this was going to be the last F-16 acquisition makes it even stranger that they would change engine models.

View attachment 832459

F-16D block 40, a rare pic sequence of an EAF viper firing a Sparrow missile, but also how the Tahya Misr is in black. First time I've seen that. It's always been in white IIRC.

View attachment 832467

On the fly Abrams engine replacement!

View attachment 832460

IRST-SLM batteries all ready for delivery to Egypt. Judging by the camo scheme, they don't plan on using those in open desert areas. These are for more likely areas that border desert sand and fertile land, possibly near Port Said or just on the periphery of the Nile Delta.

View attachment 832470
View attachment 832471

I haven't seen a single pic of any of the MiG-29s in Egypt with that desert camo until that snippet in the video. Every one of them has been photographed with the blue camo, leading at least myself (probably many others too) that they decided to switch camos from the desert to the blue prior to delivery.

Besides that snippet, have you seen the desert camo on the MiGs while in Egypt before this video? Any other pics or videos? The only one I've seen is the one of the closeup of the pilot flying with the background that looks like it could be either Egypt or Russia. But I've never seen that camo in Egypt that's why I was surprised to see those two.

This is the only camo I was aware of. Last year in Greece.

View attachment 832641

View attachment 832640

View attachment 832642

Sweet and rare high res. pic of EAF Mirage 2K also in Greece. Double click on each image to get large hi res.

View attachment 832644

Egyptian MiG-29M2/35 in desert camouflage stands out against the snow during tests in Russia.

1649545627185.png

1649545737757.png

1649545809845.png

Last edited:
Desert camouflage in small numbers, and it appeared in Egyptian maneuvers, including the last Qadir maneuver
Gamal Abdel Nasser is the only one who entered the dry dock for 3 months to install communication devices and periodic maintenance, and soon Anwar Sadat after the completion of manufacturing the devices

Here's the problem then; why fly below its minimum designated altitude in heavily contested areas? What is its minimum altitude for efficacy, and why would the Russian pilots fly below that, making a supposed life-saving system like that completely ineffective? It doesn't make sense, my bro. Russians are not that incapable by any means.

If you look at the picture of the outside sensor with the rotating camera ball, it's clear that it can point straight down even. If anything, the bracket would impede its upward motion more than anything else. That only means it should pick up incoming missiles even from directly bellow the helo, so it shouldn't have any issues picking up missiles at low altitudes.

View attachment 831617

Also, what happened to the jamming aspect? I sure hope the EAF/Army helos like that MI-17 medic transport has better success with those than these poor Russian helos I tell ya.

The only 2 things I can think of is either those 2 helos were hit while on the ground, or, the ones hit while flying didn't have the system installed?
Chinese military experts highly appreciate the Vitebsk airborne defense system, which is installed on combat helicopters of the army aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces.
The author of the blog 洋务先驱张之洞 on the weibo social network (1.6 million subscribers) writes: “Remember the Russian-made airborne defense system Vitebsk, which went through the war in Syria and again proved to be excellent in Ukraine? This kind of system has been around for several years
are in service with the Russian army aviation and play an indispensable role in protecting helicopters during an attack by MANPADS from the ground.
-S" - the export version of the Vitebsk BKO, with which the most combat-ready units of the army aviation of the PLA Air Force were equipped in a short time. We need a domestic analogue of this advanced self-defense system, which will certainly bring our fleet of combat helicopters to a new level.

https://****/ChDambiev/15138

https://****/ChDambiev/15138

View attachment 832630

View attachment 832631

This is a development of the T55 to carry ammunition for towed and self-propelled guns. Implementation of Egyptian armored vehicles manufacturing and repair workshops.View attachment 832630View attachment 832631View attachment 832636View attachment 832637View attachment 832638View attachment 832639
No this is JTAC iam talking about integrated communication systems built in helmets for easier and more responsive communication between the squad and command as well this is also very useful for tank crews to communicate inside the tank

No this is JTAC iam talking about integrated communication systems built in helmets for easier and more responsive communication between the squad and command as well this is also very useful for tank crews to communicate inside the tank

Yeah some people don't pay attention to the hard work already posted. This was already previously posted on page 600, post #8987. Exercise Medusa 2021 in Greece with the Hellenic AF but using EAF F-16s & Mirage 2Ks. The last 3 pics in that post below.

They also perform this JTAC with the USAF during exercise Bright Star. We posted that way back in this thread the last time they had the exercise. I think it was 2017 or 18 something like that.

More from the last Egyptian Navy exercise in the great country of Greece and with our naval partners in the Hellenic Navy. Also combined arms with participation of the EAF and Hellenic Air Force.

JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller) With EAF's jets.

1649570818876.png

1649570851516.png

1649570877782.png

@Gomig-21 Mabrook for the new PFP. It is looking LIT hahaha.

How can i change my PFP?

Teslam ya Basha. :) Allah y'barek feek.

Click on your username @ top right corner, then move your cursor over the current avatar pic to the left and it should automatically say "EDIT". Click on that and follow the instructions.

When we will receive our first batch or the first Rafale from the new deal?

Good question. Not much info out there about start dates of delivery, maybe @The SC knows. But we know it took roughly 4 years for the original 24 to all be delivered. Plus there was a statistic that Dassault builds 1 jet per month but can speed up that process a bit more. Even at 2 a month, that's 24 a year (which isn't bad at all) but they also have Qatar's order of 36 jets, Indonesia's order of 36 also and the UAE for 80 lol! Dassault will be all set for another 2 decades at this rate!

When the deal was signed they said the delivery dates will be between 2024 and 2026..
If Egypt wants more then it should wait till beyond 2032.. because of the other deals with Qatar, Greece, Indonesia..and the UAE..

Good question. Not much info out there about start dates of delivery, maybe @The SC knows. But we know it took roughly 4 years for the original 24 to all be delivered. Plus there was a statistic that Dassault builds 1 jet per month but can speed up that process a bit more. Even at 2 a month, that's 24 a year (which isn't bad at all) but they also have Qatar's order of 36 jets, Indonesia's order of 36 also and the UAE for 80 lol! Dassault will be all set for another 2 decades at this rate!
Hey Gomig-35.. HaHaHa!

Something about the French presidential election :

Egypt will benefit from the both candidates (Emmanuel Macron, center right-Marine Le Pen, far right). El Sisi has pocked Macron since the last visit of our president to France. And in 2015, Marine Le Pen visited Egypt and said good thing about El Sisi and his fighting agaisnt extremist (DAESH, Muslim Brotherhood) which fits her agenda in France.
Let's hope the best for Egypt inshallah.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom