What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Two 20-foot shelters hosted respectively the ground control station and the data link. How much the Jun 30 is a fully Egyptian development or not remains undisclosed, no comments being made by the company representatives. Some similarities may indicate a possible transfer of technology from the UAE, however discrepancies in some physical measures and performance suggest that the Jun 30 should not be a blueprint copy of some existing drone.

(I wonder about the armament it will be equipped with and if a joint program for jet powered UCAVs with the UAE is possible, I will discuss more on the topic later and tag memberd)

Was this a reply to someone care to further explain because it is out of context

The spokesman for the Egyptian Armed Forces, Gharib Abdel Hafez Gharib, published an annual report on the maneuvers carried out by the Egyptian forces in 2021.

And he wrote in a tweet on Twitter: "The Egyptian forces carried out nearly 41 military exercises, 29 of which were inside the national territory with Arab and Western countries."

He added: "The exercises came bilaterally with countries and joint with several countries, including Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Sudan, Jordan and Tunisia," noting that "the exercises with European countries were with Russia, the United States, Italy, Spain, Greece, France, as well as with India and Pakistan."

https://t.co/bSQ6eUCFO9

One of the principles of training work in the armed forces: "sweat in training saves blood in battle".., in addition to that, friction with different training schools add concepts and combat methods to the armed forces.

Land, Sea and Air.. 41 military training for the Egyptian army in 2021

16129118024d6744f2841149f7949df4_XL.jpg

%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%B1-.jpeg

Last edited:
The spokesman for the Egyptian Armed Forces, Gharib Abdel Hafez Gharib, published an annual report on the maneuvers carried out by the Egyptian forces in 2021.

And he wrote in a tweet on Twitter: "The Egyptian forces carried out nearly 41 military exercises, 29 of which were inside the national territory with Arab and Western countries."

He added: "The exercises came bilaterally with countries and joint with several countries, including Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Sudan, Jordan and Tunisia," noting that "the exercises with European countries were with Russia, the United States, Italy, Spain, Greece, France, as well as with India and Pakistan."

https://t.co/bSQ6eUCFO9

One of the principles of training work in the armed forces: "sweat in training saves blood in battle".., in addition to that, friction with different training schools add concepts and combat methods to the armed forces.

Land, Sea and Air.. 41 military training for the Egyptian army in 2021

16129118024d6744f2841149f7949df4_XL.jpg

%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%B1-.jpeg

India and Pakistan taking part in these exercises sounds strange

India and Pakistan taking part in these exercises sounds strange
Why strange?
Exercises are open between friends and allies..

Pakistan exercises with Turkey an Iran, India with Usrael, the US with almost everyone.. and so on..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lockheed Martin, announced on its Twitter account that the Egyptian contract to develop Apache attack helicopters has entered into force.

It is worth noting that the contract, worth $2.3 billion, includes the development of the entire Egyptian fleet of 43 helicopters to the latest version, Ah-64E Guardian, and includes 10 new helicopters of this type ..

1641378200971.png

Last edited:
Hello. I think you guys know what brings me here.

If it's any consolation to you @Gomig-21 , old friend, is that a not too far-fetched theory I've heard regarding the Su-35 fiasco is that Russia may be using the threat of selling Egypt's (and Algeria+Indonesia) Su-35s to Iran as a bargaining chip to convince the US to let at least some of the sales go through (Iran has been used as a bargaining chip by Russia before). After all, if those Su-35s are going to be exported, I'm sure the US would rather see them in the hands of Egypt rather than Iran. Then again, the US is stupid and maximalist so who knows what could happen.

In the unlikely even they do go to Iran, I'll probably be quietly perusing this thread as I know you like to do your research. I for one can't get a good idea on how the Su-35's RWR works. Until then, is there a general consensus on what quantity, if any, of the Su-35s have been already delivered to Egypt? I've heard reports of 5x delivered but there are no pictures...

Hello. I think you guys know what brings me here.

If it's any consolation to you @Gomig-21 , old friend, is that a not too far-fetched theory I've heard regarding the Su-35 fiasco is that Russia may be using the threat of selling Egypt's (and Algeria+Indonesia) Su-35s to Iran as a bargaining chip to convince the US to let at least some of the sales go through (Iran has been used as a bargaining chip by Russia before). After all, if those Su-35s are going to be exported, I'm sure the US would rather see them in the hands of Egypt rather than Iran. Then again, the US is stupid and maximalist so who knows what could happen.

In the unlikely even they do go to Iran, I'll probably be quietly perusing this thread as I know you like to do your research. I for one can't get a good idea on how the Su-35's RWR works. Until then, is there a general consensus on what quantity, if any, of the Su-35s have been already delivered to Egypt? I've heard reports of 5x delivered but there are no pictures...
I heard 15 to 17 were delivered, but we can only go off of what's being said, wouldn't be surprised of egypts keeping shut about this to slide under the rug.
Also a bit back it was claimed that a total of 64 su35s were to be delivered to an unidentified country, apparently some of those were supposed to go to Indonesia, but they went for alternatives, Iran didn't make deals for them that time. So that really only leaves one option

Egypt's modernization plan is really impressive for the relatively small defense budget it has compared to the richer Gulf states. Amazing how you guys are managing to pull it off. This shows some deft negotiation skills and fantastic deals. Even with financing arrangements, these are some serious commitments. Rafales, Su-35s, guided-missile ships, submarines, air defense systems,.... these are big ticket assets.

Egypt's modernization plan is really impressive for the relatively small defense budget it has compared to the richer Gulf states. Amazing how you guys are managing to pull it off. This shows some deft negotiation skills and fantastic deals. Even with financing arrangements, these are some serious commitments. Rafales, Su-35s, guided-missile ships, submarines, air defense systems,.... these are big ticket assets.
And thats just the beginning of it all, imagine what comes up down the line

After all, if those Su-35s are going to be exported, I'm sure the US would rather see them in the hands of Egypt rather than Iran. Then again, the US is stupid and maximalist so who knows what could happen.
Or have them join Russia’s forces massing on the border with Ukraine...
I had explained this to other Egyptians before.
Personally I think none had been delivered to Egypt, no photos (or satellite imagery, pilot/photo leaks or any other). And hence the Su-35 vs Rafale and the Rafale jamming the Su-35 is also considered a myth - by me.
Should you consider Tactical Report as a reliable source (so far I do) they have released two interesting titles vis-a-vis Egypt:
- One was about the Biden prerequisites for Egypt to receive AMRAAMs. I did not read it but I would predict they include Egypt cancelling the Su-35 deal.
- The other was about Egypt requesting further upgrades and modifications so that the Su-35 would be integrated into “RISC-2”, an AI/Communication system that boosts co-operation between different platforms in Egypt’s Air Defence and Air Force. This can mean Egypt did receive Su-35s.
I also expected Su-35s to be stationed in Berenice AB upon delivery but I wasn’t capable of finding any transport aircrafts in that base for a whole year while using EO Browser.
And finally, Egypt’s latest Rafale order is exactly the same in aircraft numbers as the Su-35 one.

From where I see it the Su-35s are now left with no owner, and just like how Egypt bought the Mistrals with a discounted price Iran can do the same, and wait a short time before the fighters start arriving in Iran.

The construction of the first two MEKO A200EN frigates for Egypt has been completed

Two of the Egyptian MEKO A200 frigates have been constructed and are currently being fitted with weaponry systems and equipment while the third frigate is in the final construction phase in Bremerhaven, Germany and will be launched into the sea within the next few weeks. It would take around 6 months to complete the weaponry systems and equipment integration for each Egyptian MEKO frigate then they will begin sea trials before sailing to Egypt.

Germany-based Thysskenkrupp (TKMS) Group is also looking forward to marketing other products on the Egyptian Navy, during EDEX2021, TKMS representatives said that the group is offering the MEKO A300 frigate to Egypt and other countries. The MEKO A300 actually could be considered as a destroyer, not a frigate if we are talking about its heavy weaponry systems and integrated equipment.

Meko-class.jpg

On the sidelines of the second edition of the Egypt International Defense Exhibition EDEX-2021, the Alexandria Arsenal owned by the Egyptian army announced the start of the construction process of the fourth and final frigates for the Egyptian Navy MEKO A200 at the company’s construction facility in Alexandria, in cooperation with Germany-based Thysskenkrupp (TKMS).

picsart_12-08-08.41.17.jpg

The Egyptian MEKO A200 frigate will be considered as the most advanced version of its type in terms of the integrated equipment and weaponry systems. The Egyptian MEKO A200 frigates dubbing the acronym MEKO A200EN in reference to the Egyptian Navy, will have a configuration which will be as follows: The frigate displacement will be ranging from 3700 to 4000 tons with a length of 121 meters. It will be equipped with the latest generation of Thales NS-110 4D AESA air and surface surveillance radar which is an advanced and upgraded version of the original NS-100 3D radar, decoys launchers for C310 high-performance anti-torpedo counter-measures system, 2× 32 Tube laser-decoys launchers for Rheinmetall Multi Ammunition Softkill System EM/IR (MASS), Thales SCORPION Electronic Warfare Support Measures System (ECM), SATCOM System, also for the sonar, the Egyptian navy MEKO A200 planned to be equipped with a towed array sonar. For the armament and weaponry system, it will be fitted with LW 127mm main cannon armed with Vulcano and Dart shells, 32 Vertical Launch Systems (VLS) that will be equipped with MICA New Generation (NG) Surface-to-Air Missiles, 16× Launchers planned to be equipped with Exocet Anti-ships missiles, Oerlikon Searanger 20mm naval guns, in addition to Two types of Torpedos: DM2A4 Seahake and MU-90 Torpedos, a helipad with a hanger that can accommodate two helicopters and a vertically launch drones.

https://navalpost.com/egypt-begins-local-manufacturing-of-meko-a200-frigate/

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom