What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Nice to see this pic without that awfully disgusting watermark from that self-entitled jackass who put it right smack dab in the middle of the photo and ruined it completely when it first came out last week.

I think most of us noticed those pods since they were hanging off the wing pylons, especially the ones on the center of the engine nacelles. Plus the front, glass bulbs are dead giveaways as to their makeup, some kind of seeker/detection/targeting element. Good to know what they are now, and also tells us that there is some kind of training activity going on which is obviously another good sign.

Not only seeing the encouraging training factor, but the interchangeable aspect of those training pods with the Su-57 fuels the juices for the eventual acquisition of that aircraft. I really hope they've already negotiated for it under the table so that they get in line early. With the Algerian rumors and the RuAF's 79 models on order, not to mention the aircraft's readiness with the engine and other things, it'll be a few years at the least. So hopefully they've already put their claim in the pot.

This would be a very potent upgrade to the EAF's already amassed strength. An absolute beauty, courtesy of @vostok from the Russian Air Force thread. He posted a bunch of other great pics of this sensational beast.

View attachment 786618

Others suggested the same thing, but I'm not sure that's a possibility. Typically LHDs and helo carriers deal with STOVL aircraft like Harriers and F-35Bs and Ospreys and all types of helicopters, so I'm not sure the deck is built to the true fighter jets CATOBAR format. Not only to take the heavy combined weight of the aircraft, but the heavy pounding of the landings those things inflict on those decks. Also, I don't really think the EAF needs one TBH. Do you?

Maybe there is no need for it now but in the next decade years sometime late 2020s and early 2030s I could envision it

1634809114875.png

“The event will open with official keynote addresses from senior military in order to set the tone for the discussions taking place.

The programme will also include technical presentations with the latest technology and solutions that are currently propelling air power players into the forefront of international air dominance. These formats will culminate in diverse panel discussions where distinguished participants will debate different perspectives in addressing the most pressing issues within military aviation.”

Maybe there is no need for it now but in the next decade years sometime late 2020s and early 2030s I could envision it

Good point by you. I hadn't looked at the possibility of the need in the future. Ten years from now like you astutely point out, things in the entire Middle East could develop in a way where the need for a carrier could be very real. In that case, they probably should work on it now while things are moving well Alhamdulillah.

The programme will also include technical presentations with the latest technology and solutions that are currently propelling air power players into the forefront of international air dominance. These formats will culminate in diverse panel discussions where distinguished participants will debate different perspectives in addressing the most pressing issues within military aviation.”

Great idea to have a symposium. To add to the latest technologies presentations and discussions and exhibitions, they should promote a really well done historical documentary of the EAF and specifically the Battle of Al Mansoura and all the successes of 1973 and show it to all the attendees, even turn it into a book and especially all in English. The problem is that none of the accurately historical description of the EAF's successes against that filthy cancer was presented to the world in historical context and in English to reach the masses. A context that portrayed all the successes of the EAF against those filthy animals. All that's out there, for the most part is the historical representation from the filthy animals' perspective. And all the stuff that the 73 Historians did was all in Arabic?! That didn't do them any favors since it limited its influence to strictly the Arab world. Even that crap on the stupid and inaccurate so called history channel and their filthy and disrespectful description of the brave Egyptian MiG-21 pilot who performed the split S trying to do every thing he can to save his life and what did he get on that pos show? A name tag of "crazy Egyptian pilot," Imagine that? That's how filthy and low and and biased and one-sided all that crap-laden supposed history of most of the air battles between the great EAF and that filthy cancerous enemy that was done from one side only. Our side needs to be told with a bang!

This would be a PERFECT opportunity for them to put together a great historical CGI film IN ENGLISH and then turn it into a major book so the whole world sees the Egyptian side instead of just the filthy biased and one sided misrepresentation and stick it up all their behinds.

Didn't I say that before that there is a maritime deal with France and it is still in negotiations, the value of the deal will reach 7 billion euros
A $8 billion deal will include up to 10 Scorpene submarines..and will span on 10 or more years..

Good point by you. I hadn't looked at the possibility of the need in the future. Ten years from now like you astutely point out, things in the entire Middle East could develop in a way where the need for a carrier could be very real. In that case, they probably should work on it now while things are moving well Alhamdulillah.

Great idea to have a symposium. To add to the latest technologies presentations and discussions and exhibitions, they should promote a really well done historical documentary of the EAF and specifically the Battle of Al Mansoura and all the successes of 1973 and show it to all the attendees, even turn it into a book and especially all in English. The problem is that none of the accurately historical description of the EAF's successes against that filthy cancer was presented to the world in historical context and in English to reach the masses. A context that portrayed all the successes of the EAF against those filthy animals. All that's out there, for the most part is the historical representation from the filthy animals' perspective. And all the stuff that the 73 Historians did was all in Arabic?! That didn't do them any favors since it limited its influence to strictly the Arab world. Even that crap on the stupid and inaccurate so called history channel and their filthy and disrespectful description of the brave Egyptian MiG-21 pilot who performed the split S trying to do every thing he can to save his life and what did he get on that pos show? A name tag of "crazy Egyptian pilot," Imagine that? That's how filthy and low and and biased and one-sided all that crap-laden supposed history of most of the air battles between the great EAF and that filthy cancerous enemy that was done from one side only. Our side needs to be told with a bang!

This would be a PERFECT opportunity for them to put together a great historical CGI film IN ENGLISH and then turn it into a major book so the whole world sees the Egyptian side instead of just the filthy biased and one sided misrepresentation and stick it up all their behinds.
I totally missed this point...
But let’s also blame who is responsible.
The Egyptian Military didn’t release any documents about the 1973 war, if it did we would have blamed Sadat for the Deversoir gap, and blamed Mubarak for things like sending commandos in Helicopters without fighter jet cover into the Sinai (which resulted in massive losses to Israeli fighters). Mind that the popular saying was that the Deversoir gap was made up of only 7 tanks, and that Shazly’s emotional instability (claimed by Sadat, refuted by both Shazly and Gamasy) caused the development of that gap.
Sure, Shlomo Aloni’s books do not cite any (or very few) Egyptian sources, but the EAF releasing some would have left the guy with little justification.
I also think they can be offering RISC2 to other air forces?

I totally missed this point...

I think you did, just judging by the rest of your post. It's ok, maybe it was the way I wrote it.

But let’s also blame who is responsible.
The Egyptian Military didn’t release any documents about the 1973 war, if it did we would have blamed Sadat for the Deversoir gap, and blamed Mubarak for things like sending commandos in Helicopters without fighter jet cover into the Sinai (which resulted in massive losses to Israeli fighters). Mind that the popular saying was that the Deversoir gap was made up of only 7 tanks, and that Shazly’s emotional instability (claimed by Sadat, refuted by both Shazly and Gamasy) caused the development of that gap.
Sure, Shlomo Aloni’s books do not cite any (or very few) Egyptian sources, but the EAF releasing some would have left the guy with little justification.

I never mentioned anything about the war on the ground. I was strictly speaking of the EAF's successes. The only literature out there is in Arabic including 73 Historians. Had they made an English version so that it got more traction in the western world, that would've been better. But they did it only in Arabic so only guys like us and the rest of the Arab world whom already knew or didn't know of the EAF's successes were the only ones exposed. Nothing about the ground war or the politics behind it since there is a lot of stuff that isn't biased out there regarding all the stuff that happened during the war of attrition and leading up to the war and the war itself. And a focus on the Battle of Almansoura.

I'm not interested in the war or details of the war or the Deversoir gap etc. Like I said, there's been a lot written that is somewhat accurate. I've been talking about the war for 30+ years. Don't need to revisit it. Talking strictly about the EAF's war.

I also think they can be offering RISC2 to other air forces?

I wouldn't just yet. I think they need to finish combining the Su-35SEs and MiG-29Ms into it first and use it for a while and then maybe offer a different version of it.

And BTW, all the rumors of the EAF testing the Rafale's RBE2 and the entire SPECTRA defensive capabilities against the Su-35SE's IRBIS-E PESA and supposedly the EAF Rafal pilots are so well versed with SPECTRA and the Rafale's AESA that they pretty much incapacitated the Su-35SE's IRBIS-E to the point where the Su-35s couldn't use their radar against the Rafales.

No mention of whether the pilots in the Su-35s were Russian or Egyptians and not that it matters, but more importantly is the non-mention of whether the Su-35 was able to use its wing mounted L-band AESA radar to switch from the IRBIS-E and use AESA power against the RBE2's AESA. That is one of the prime reasons the Su-35s have the wing-mounted AESA L-band to use against other AESAs when need to. The only thing that would defeat it is the range and to a lesser degree, the amount of modules on the RBE2 if they are substantially higher. Should the range of the RBE2 be much greater than the L-Band AESAs on the Su-35s, then there is a major problem with those jets and they will undoubtedly need to find a new solution for that. Have the IRBIS-E switched with the new Su-57's AESA radar would be the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
The new AW-189 with the finish colors. This type and with the flag on the tail usually represents some type of VIP diplomatic transport. The presidential jet has the same Egyptian flag style painted on the tail. Supposedly this is an alternative to the 4 UH-60 VIP Blackhawks.

1634906109590.png

And BTW, all the rumors of the EAF testing the Rafale's RBE2 and the entire SPECTRA defensive capabilities against the Su-35SE's IRBIS-E PESA and supposedly the EAF Rafal pilots are so well versed with SPECTRA and the Rafale's AESA that they pretty much incapacitated the Su-35SE's IRBIS-E to the point where the Su-35s couldn't use their radar against the Rafales.

No mention of whether the pilots in the Su-35s were Russian or Egyptians and not that it matters, but more importantly is the non-mention of whether the Su-35 was able to use its wing mounted L-band AESA radar to switch from the IRBIS-E and use AESA power against the RBE2's AESA. That is one of the prime reasons the Su-35s have the wing-mounted AESA L-band to use against other AESAs when need to. The only thing that would defeat it is the range and to a lesser degree, the amount of modules on the RBE2 if they are substantially higher. Should the range of the RBE2 be much greater than the L-Band AESAs on the Su-35s, then there is a major problem with those jets and they will undoubtedly need to find a new solution for that. Have the IRBIS-E switched with the new Su-57's AESA radar would be the only thing I can think of.

That one was kinda of a predictable choice Rafale --> SU35s

That one was kinda of a predictable choice Rafale --> SU35s

The only issue that kinda takes away some of the contexts' credibility is the last part where it mentions a similar "demonstration" by the Qataris. When did that ever happen, where the Qataris even came close to an Su-35S? Never heard of that or seen anything pertaining to them or their Rafales coming close to any Su-35S. Certainly not any Egyptian ones and I highly doubt they came close to any Russian ones. So that part is sketchy to say the least, making the whole thing dubious at best.

On another note, the EAF flew 4 of its MiG-29M/M2s and 2 F-16 block 52s to Greece a couple of days ago for a quick exercise that lasted about 4-6 hours over the Aegean Sea, alongside Hellenic Air Force F-16s. This was probably an exercise in quick mobilization and execution of a particular emergency drill. EAF aircraft returned to Egypt immediately after the exercise, making it quite the interesting sortie.

1634947501031.png

1634947517925.png

1634948039002.png

1634948171506.png

I was just going to ask if that whole thing is true.

@Foinikas , that 3rd picture from the top showing the front of that beauty while's it's taking off is a rare glimpse of those very interesting Krueger flaps on the huge LERXs of these aircraft. I'm fascinated by the way they added them to this model and why. If it really does divert or cut down on the effects of vortices around the LERX, or if it actually affects the flow of air to divert it under the LERX to help lift the nose easier on take off.

I suppose it works in both instances. Seeing it during takeoff like this is very highly likely it's used for the lifting scenario I just mentioned above. But I've also seen it in pictures where it's deployed briefly during flight, just like you see speed brakes deployed sometimes in flight.

EDIT: I added the block 52 taking off also. I forgot to put if in the first time around. Those pics are obviously take by members of the Hellenic Air Force Media Operations because of how crisp and how they're closeups. Other reasons too, which has been an issue for us enthusiasts for decades.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom