What's new

Egypt satirist faces new probe for ‘insulting Pakistan’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind if someone "insults" pakistan in another Muslim state. The hearts of Muslims feel for each other not because someone says something nice or bad, but because Allah has willed it to be so, if Allah wants, he will bring the hearts of Muslims together, He is Arrahman Arrahim.

Plus I appreciate the Egyptian government to be kind enough towards Pakistan to take offence at an individual for " insulting" the state of Pakistan, though, I think I won't mind if someone Criticise Pakistan. I see it being criticised all the time on our local television news.

One Egyptian made fun and blame goes to all Egyptians. What about "Young Turks"? Cenk has done that many a times are you gonna blame all Turkish? Seriously!!!

Guys its a joke, get over it. As for those saying Egyptians are anti Pakistani, well you guys have obviously not met any real Egyptians. Yes their leadership during the cold war days was in the Soviet camp and as such not pro Pakistan but the average man is similar in both countries. Egyptians dont have too many opinions on Pakistan since the two countries are far away geographically speaking. However they are not anti Pakistanis either as I can state from personal experiences.

Edit: A thread on an Egyptian show where the host is using Pakistan as a model to follow.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...alking-about-pakistan-translation-please.html

Does the charge read - ''guilty of being too obvious''? :)

As guilty as Leno is for declaring Sikh golden temple as Mitt Romneys summer/party home :meeting:

Guys its a joke, get over it. As for those saying Egyptians are anti Pakistani, well you guys have obviously not met any real Egyptians. Yes their leadership during the cold war days was in the Soviet camp and as such not pro Pakistan but the average man is similar in both countries. Egyptians dont have too many opinions on Pakistan since the two countries are far away geographically speaking. However they are not anti Pakistanis either as I can state from personal experiences.

Edit: A thread on an Egyptian show where the host is using Pakistan as a model to follow.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...alking-about-pakistan-translation-please.html

The countries have neglible exposure to eachother except for their Brotherhood and our Jamat e Islami as well as the militaries of both countries

On people to people basis surprisingly little has been done in decades. Both countries share similar socio economic challenges so (on a more serious note on a not so serious thread) id hope for further cooperation with them

What we don't need is to get inflamed over satire or things like "blasphemy" and all. Life is too short. Other more pressing issues domestically to be mad about

What kind of crazy people in Islamic countries !! "spreading Atheism is Crime" ??? :lol: :rofl:

though Egyptian and Greek are most racist communities in world , I don't think He insulted Pakistan, sense of humor is blasphemy is Islamic countries

The countries have neglible exposure to eachother except for their Brotherhood and our Jamat e Islami as well as the militaries of both countries

On people to people basis surprisingly little has been done in decades. Both countries share similar socio economic challenges so (on a more serious note on a not so serious thread) id hope for further cooperation with them

What we don't need is to get inflamed over satire or things like "blasphemy" and all. Life is too short. Other more pressing issues domestically to be mad about

The bold part is definitely true. Egypt is probably the Arab country most similar to Pakistan in terms of sheer size of population, importance of military to maintain a balance with dangerous neighboring foe(s), the demand for change amongst the populace etc. What bothers me with threads like this is the hypocrisy that certain Pakistanis show so often. Our satire shows make fun of ourselves and Arabs on a regular basis. Nobody raises any eyebrows then. When the opposite happens we get all worked up.

Humor and conquered people does not go well together, it seems.

I agree. But hopefully you people will realize that a person without humor is - as the adage goes - a wagon without springs

jolted by every pebble on the road

The bold part is definitely true. Egypt is probably the Arab country most similar to Pakistan in terms of sheer size of population, importance of military to maintain a balance with dangerous neighboring foe(s), the demand for change amongst the populace etc. What bothers me with threads like this is the hypocrisy that certain Pakistanis show so often. Our satire shows make fun of ourselves and Arabs on a regular basis. Nobody raises any eyebrows then. When the opposite happens we get all worked up.

Very well said and well put

though Egyptian and Greek are most racist communities in world , I don't think He insulted Pakistan, sense of humor is blasphemy is Islamic countries

I think afghans or "desis" in general are a lot more racist and intolerant

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how he insulted Pakistan?

He made fun of the hat Morsi was wearing, how does making fun of the hat equal to insulting Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom