What's new

Egypt, Pakistan join military campaign against Houthis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case Scenario is Pakistani troops go to the Iraq-Saudi Border, freeing up the 30,000 Saudi Troops there.
F-22P to help the Naval Blockade
Joint Spec Ops to take out AQAP.

Pakistan should send it's troops only to defend KSA boundries. However it is mutual responsibility of KSA and Iran to bring prosperity in Muslim worls. Unfortunately both Islamic powers are involved in proxy wars. Many countries like Pak will have to take sides unwillingly

It's a good question to ask, should the middle powers be held responsible for being unwillingly thrust into these disputes without protesting at all despite their numbers and military strength or should the powers causing the conflicts and getting the middle powers into the disputes be held responsible?

dont u remember who came to ur rescue after nuclear test.

naming missiles have nothing to do with iran.btw your ports are named after wich iranian??and who helped u in your nuclear program.we tried that with iran but the spitted on our face and leaked out our cooperation.

We only have two ports named after the places they are in Karachi and gwadar so what's ports got to do with anything?.

Lie after lie like you lied about me hating other pakistanis such as punjabis.

You are not worth a debate you are my former shoe shiner good day to you.

I hope we think this through very thoroughly !

Sethi Sahib joke thaa...shaiddd aap nei sunaa ho keh 'joke' bhiii eik addad cheeez ka naam hotaa haiii ! :tsk:

Aaap nei tou seedhaa hiii serious reply kar diyaa ! :disagree:

Yaar maine bhi mazak main kaha tha, but I am not as adept as you with smilies.

and Who was that ? Nd How
Btw arnt you forgetting 1967 1973 Pakistan Sent their Soldiers On the Ground to help arabs
r u sure pakistan sent troops there.??other then few fighter pilots.how can people be soo ignorants after recieveng 100000 barrels of oil every single day for 4 long years and that also freeeeee.what else u wanted in times of sanctions

The ideal statement would have been , "Pakistan supports Yemeni elected government, with out any military support to the ongoing war !"

Pakistan can't even protect its borders from Taliban, terrorist infiltration and here they are committing themselves to Saudi "integrity". LOLZ :D
Do you know or remember when Khana Khabba was under attack? In 70s or 80s? Pakistani troops were send to protect it. (Gen. Musharaf was commanding officer)

Saudi Arabia is requesting immediate military assistance, boots on ground and planes in the air. I don't believe we should give them that. Its not our region and not our war, but the opposing camp also argues that we have the opportunity to settle this conflict in its infancy on foreign soil before it becomes a Hydra like IS.

One noob thought.

If this coalition of 10 states inc Pakistan and Turkey starts to function and evolves into a regional NATO, keeping that in mind, Pakistan must seek assurances that when India looks into Pakistan, the coalition must look back. It will solve our conventional disparity dilemma with India when these states would stand by us in the time of need.

Another thought is that if Iran becomes the regional bulldog as the US recedes, its chances of aligning with Pakistan vs India must be weighed. Let me remind you that during the stand off with India in early 2000's, Pr Rafsanjani chose to be the chief guest at India's republic day parade.

Whatever we do, we must make sure this budding coalition returns the favor to Pakistan when we need it. Our contribution ought to be in light of such commitments.

Last edited:
Pakistan can't even protect its borders from Taliban, terrorist infiltration and here they are committing themselves to Saudi "integrity". LOLZ :D
US cannot protect its mexican border from smuggling, human trafficking etc.. that border is flat, shorter and US has many resources.. 700,000 indian soldiers cannot protect kashmir border. so argument is invalid...

Hey, didn't you read the news? The Saudis went to the PM who then when to consult the Military about the feasibility.
That's a fig leaf: Pakistan's military leaders are already enroute to KSA. Either the decision was already made to intervene or the military are the people to negotiate with for doing so; there really isn't any other explanation, is there?

US cannot protect its mexican border from smuggling, human trafficking etc.. that border is flat, shorter and US has many resources.. 700,000 indian soldiers cannot protect kashmir border. so argument is invalid...
We should instead focus on Pakistani territorial integrity instead of worrying about some terrorist state thousands of kilometer away!

That is also a priority for me, but the pro-involvement camp is much stronger. The best we can do, it seems, is try to work out suitable terms for our involvement.

well to me , our soldiers are very important , they are our soil's son , fighting for other, in a stupid war , is not acceptable for me , we already have a fight in our homes , TTP , BLA and etc ....and now we have Armed drones we can station a Sq there ..
i really Admire Gen Shareef and i am still thinking that how he accept something like this ? and maybe this is not what we are thinking ? maybe its just assistance , but not boots on ground ..

Yet another brilliant decision by our leadership, both civilian and military.

We need a PM and Army Chief who strongly believes in Isolationism because that is what our country needs right now. We have hundreds of thousands of troops engaged in a war yet we continue to expose ourselves to new fronts and risks that come with it.

I don't understand if our leadership is just plain stupid or is actively working to undermine the state of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom