What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

No, the Falklands conflict was a diplomatic failure that led to a brief military clash. Now in democracy times a military action was strictly banned by the Constitution. The Argentine armed forces are going through a huge structural reform, and we are also strenghtening ties with nations such as China and Russia in response of the latest events with our former allies. The defence policies consist in reactivating our national industries and cooperating with our neighbours

No, the Falklands conflict was a diplomatic failure that led to a brief military clash. Now in democracy times a military action was strictly banned by the Constitution. The Argentine armed forces are going through a huge structural reform, and we are also strenghtening ties with nations such as China and Russia in response of the latest events with our former allies. The defence policies consist in reactivating our national industries and cooperating with our neighbours

Welcome to the forums.

What do you think about the JF-17 being potentially added into your nation's air force? I've heard mixed things, some are keen on getting these, and other's aren't so happy.

Thanks, and my contact's opinions are also mixed about this. The situation in the armed forces is critical. Since the return of Democracy in 1983 the armed forces have been going through a huge internal change, they've been professionalized by banning military conscription and their whole educational structure has also been changed for good. Now it's time for phase two, acquiring new material and building our own, just like we used to do before (After the 90's economic disastrer we had to start all over again). One of the main priorities is replacing our old fighter jets, we've just approved the purchase of 20 Mirage F-1 from Spain. This caused a lot of controvery because they're outdated, but i consider it a "provisional patch" until we can build the JF-17. We don't like this aircraft that much but it can boost our industry and start new fighter jets projects. There are some people that say that they're also planning to do some reverse engineering with the F-1, but that's just a rumour

Thanks, and my contact's opinions are also mixed about this. The situation in the armed forces is critical. Since the return of Democracy in 1983 the armed forces have been going through a huge internal change, they've been professionalized by banning military conscription and their whole educational structure has also been changed for good. Now it's time for phase two, acquiring new material and building our own, just like we used to do before (After the 90's economic disastrer we had to start all over again). One of the main priorities is replacing our old fighter jets, we've just approved the purchase of 20 Mirage F-1 from Spain. This caused a lot of controvery because they're outdated, but i consider it a "provisional patch" until we can build the JF-17. We don't like this aircraft that much but it can boost our industry and start new fighter jets projects. There are some people that say that they're also planning to do some reverse engineering with the F-1, but that's just a rumour

Good to know.

The JF-17 should only be considered a cheap replacement for air forces with old fighters, because that is what it was made for. It's for air forces that want to upgrade to modern multi role fighters, but don't have the budget for ultra high tech fighters.

Good to know.

The JF-17 should only be considered a cheap replacement for air forces with old fighters, because that is what it was made for. It's for air forces that want to upgrade to modern multi role fighters, but don't have the budget for ultra high tech fighters.
Well new member the promotional line of PAF for JFT is LOW COST HIGH PERFORMANCE'' aircraft!!!!
Be careful next time of using low standard words like Cheap.

Now dont think of replying and defend yr ''cheapness''.:wave:

Well new member the promotional line of PAF for JFT is LOW COST HIGH PERFORMANCE'' aircraft!!!!
Be careful next time of using low standard words like Cheap.

Now dont think of replying and defend yr ''cheapness''.:wave:

Don't use the "don't think of replying" statement with me. You have no idea what you're talking about, so all you're doing is trying to talk me down, BEFORE I can even make a counter argument.

I'm not a new member.

You seem to not have a firm grasp of the english language as well as you seem to think. Cheap, in this case, refers to the cost and not the quality of the product. What I have stated is fact. If the JF-17 is as powerful as people like you claim, then we have no need for F-16s, or even the J-10s and the Indian air force's entire inventory is useless.

Can you honestly tell me that the JF-17 is one of the best aircrafts in it's class? It's value/package ratio is amazing for what it is, but it is still not as good as other aircrafts in the same category.

If you put your nationalism aside, you'll realize that what I'm saying is quite logical.

Don't use the "don't think of replying" statement with me. You have no idea what you're talking about, so all you're doing is trying to talk me down, BEFORE I can even make a counter argument.

I'm not a new member.

You seem to not have a firm grasp of the english language as well as you seem to think. Cheap, in this case, refers to the cost and not the quality of the product. What I have stated is fact. If the JF-17 is as powerful as people like you claim, then we have no need for F-16s, or even the J-10s and the Indian air force's entire inventory is useless.

Can you honestly tell me that the JF-17 is one of the best aircrafts in it's class? It's value/package ratio is amazing for what it is, but it is still not as good as other aircrafts in the same category.

If you put your nationalism aside, you'll realize that what I'm saying is quite logical.

The only advantage JF-17 gives is a sanction free BVR capability.

I'm not a new member.

The things like that were discussed here million times but as yr a new member ie subscribed in March u dont know that. If my english grip is not good enough then u seem to be better then lets say an Oxford graduate. Dont use such words with me either.

F-16 is a force multiplier as we have a very small force.

What PAF uses is the most authentic definition abt this a/c is ''LOW COST HIGH PERFORMANCE'' and if u think yr individual opinion is better then its official users and marketer then your welcome.

Could you please list the other birds in the JF-17's class?

Well, there are other advantages, but nothing worth mentioning. So I guess you're right.

I suppose what @mafiya meant is that while we can possibly purchase other BVR capable aircraft, for PAF JF-17 is the only sanctions free bird with BVR capability. You seem to think that he is supporting your particular POV. I can list a number of this bird's strengths and all worth mentioning, but you are too convinced of your opinion so no use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there are other advantages, but nothing worth mentioning. So I guess you're right.

I suppose what @mafiya meant is that while we can possibly purchase other BVR capable aircraft, for PAF JF-17 is the only sanctions free bird with BVR capability. You seem to think that he is supporting your particular POV. I can list a number of this bird's strengths and all worth mentioning, but you are too convinced of your opinion so no use.

No doubt With JF-17 PAF pilots transitioned from 3rd Generation to 4th Generation fighting capabilities. Yet JF-17 doesn't tilt the rules of game towards PAF as the adversaries it will face in future would be much much more capable than him.

So when someone say, There is no advantage of JF-17, then I think he would be thinking JF-17 vis a vis IAF and he would be correct in his assumption

The things like that were discussed here million times but as yr a new member ie subscribed in March u dont know that. If my english grip is not good enough then u seem to be better then lets say an Oxford graduate. Dont use such words with me either.

F-16 is a force multiplier as we have a very small force.

What PAF uses is the most authentic definition abt this a/c is ''LOW COST HIGH PERFORMANCE'' and if u think yr individual opinion is better then its official users and marketer then your welcome.

Your account is only 7 months older than mine, and before that I was a regular lurker, I just didn't have an account. So again, don't use your shitty logic with me.

Oxford graduate? I don't care if you're an english professor, if your grasp of the english language is terrible, then it terrible.

Your sense of logic is flawed. I have already mentioned that the JF-17's strength lies in the cost/package ratio, I don't really understand why you're trying to disagree with something that even you're mentioning. In fact, all you're trying to do is character assassinate me by putting words into my mouth, and by ignoring my facts and attacking me personally.

Back
Top Bottom