What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

So what about the deal i am hearing about it since end of 2009 any updates ?

PAF is the first asian country to achieve laser guided bomb capabilities in 1987. F-16A is the platform.

Hi,

One of the pakistani sqdrn leaders posted at hill AFB told me at that time that pak had partnership in the laser guidance system with the us---that was in 1986 I believe.

I never posted that firsthand news given to me before--. He was a F5 or F6 pilot---had bailed out of the aircraft and broke his neck---survived and was fit for ground duties only. Short slim guy about 5-7, 5-8 fair skinned. He was the pak liason officer at Hill at that time.

I fixed his silver or light blue oldsmoble----replaced the distributor wires---. Went hunting one day and dropped off a mule deer leg at his housein ogden ut.

Always love your old stories Mastan

In those days I guess Oldsmobile and Chevys were what Corollas and Civics are today :D

I'm sorry his role as a combat pilot was cut short due to the accident.

That is a good news

considering we haven't heard anything for a while now, I don't see how it's good news at all. Then again, maybe the whole revolution thing sort of put the deal on the back burner, in which case, I suspect that it might make a come back sooner rather than later.

If we don't hear anything by the end of 2013, you can consider the deal dead and buried.

Hi,

One of the pakistani sqdrn leaders posted at hill AFB told me at that time that pak had partnership in the laser guidance system with the us---that was in 1986 I believe.

I never posted that firsthand news given to me before--. He was a F5 or F6 pilot---had bailed out of the aircraft and broke his neck---survived and was fit for ground duties only. Short slim guy about 5-7, 5-8 fair skinned. He was the pak liason officer at Hill at that time.

I fixed his silver or light blue oldsmoble----replaced the distributor wires---. Went hunting one day and dropped off a mule deer leg at his housein ogden ut.

Yet they bought even for their F16A/B Thomsom (French) laser...

Yet they bought even for their F16A/B Thomsom (French) laser...

Munir,

So what does that have to do with what the guy stated. I am just posting what was said in a get together in ogden utah.

It seems that the chinese are trying to get the JF-17 to South America too, in my country officers of the Air Force have been discussing a possible co production of this aircraft with Chinese officers.
Any idea which block ???

We don't know, Officers have proposed renaming the argentine version of the JF-17 as "Pulqui III", and we would also get advanced air to air and anti ship missiles from China. Our relationships have been increasing in the last decade and the argentine industries are a key point for the introduction of chinese weaponry in the region

We don't know, Officers have proposed renaming the argentine version of the JF-17 as "Pulqui III", and we would also get advanced air to air and anti ship missiles from China. Our relationships have been increasing in the last decade and the argentine industries are a key point for the introduction of chinese weaponry in the region

whats your stand on falklands?do you consider them occupied?

What do you mean? They are currently being occupied by british citizens, yes

Back
Top Bottom