What's new

Egypt May Buy Additional French Rafales, Satellites, Ships

I give a **** what Turkey got and how many, but to think Egypt which his broke economy, doesnt get money from KSA and UAE, is peak of naivity. About Azerbaijan, you really the mighty Armenia lobby would allow US to side with Azerbaijan?

I dont know why Egypt deny what everybody know. The same arms saller and donor whats push Egypt in a confrontation with Turkey.
I dont know if this stupidity in Arab veins or typical muslim behaviour.
Just 2 days ago:

The Egyptian parliament approved in its plenary session today, Monday, Presidential Decree No. 374 of 2020 approving two loan agreements between the Ministry of Defense, the Italian Export Development Authority (SACE), the Italian bank and financial institutions.

This is obviously for the $1.2 billion Italian 2 FREMM deal.. and since it says 2 loan agreements.. we can assume the other is the $10 billion for more weapon systems.. too

These are the facts.. take it or leave it..

It is the thing that I dont understand, why Egyptian need to be so rush and hurry. I dont think Israeli is going to attack Egypt as long as Egypt doesnt attack Israeli. Having war with Egypt has been proven to be so expensive for Israeli, that is why they tend to get more land from weak Palestinian and Jordan.

Yup, I think buying J 35 is much secured than buying KFX/IFX for Egyptian case. KFX uses US engine although it will be made under licensed in Hanwa Korea (F 414 GE). The avionics are Koreans and also some subsystems are European and Israeli.

Do you think buying Rafale is a good choice ? I believe if there is a war between Egypt and Israel, they will side with Israel.

Regarding the hurry for acquiring more weapon systems for Egypt :
1- Destruction of allied/ Friendly armies in Syria, Iraq and Libya due to International and regional interference makes Egypt considering increasing it’s own capabilities.
2- Growing Of Israeli power in Air Force and EW .... counteracted by Naval and land Military powers.
3- The newly discoveries of Gas in EEZ of Egypt in Eastern Mediterranean that worth at least 200 B USD.
4- The growing Iranian threats to the Commercial Sea lines in The Red Sea , Arabian Sea that May affect Suez Canal .
5- the growing threats of the new Ottoman imperialistic mindset in Turkey.

Regarding Rafales.... it is the most sophisticated available option for Egypt from the west ...

You got a point here ... there may be an armaments embargo on Egypt ....considering, France supplied Egypt with Mirages during the wars with Israel via third parties (mainly Libya ) ... and our allies UAE has the same French weapon systems on their MIRAGE 2000-9.

During this Covid you should delay spending on imported products, and focus on equipment that can be produced inside the country. Waiting for another 3-4 years will not harm you too much.

What does this Covid period have anything to do with the modernization of our military in the midst of all the chaos that is still happening around us at an unprecedented rate and which is not slowing down because of the Covid spread? It doesn't make any sense. We were in the middle of several very large military programs and purchases that couldn't just be put aside since there is absolutely no reason to do so. Much of the domestic programs we have going are moving along anyway. What difference would stopping these big purchases have with something else completely? One is not related to the other so one won't affect the other.

Better to wait for KFX/IFX in 2026 inshaAllah.

Nope. Sorry, but we are not interested in either of those. Our focus is clearly headed towards the Su-57. From the MiG-35, to the Su-35 and the next logical step will be the Su-57. They've spoken about this before and even the Russians have and guaranteed you will see that aircraft come to Egypt and Egypt be the first export customer of the Su-57 when it becomes available. We've always had a large Russian element to our military and it stopped after the last war against Israel and joining the Americans whom have been great to us, no doubt about it but their restrictions are too heavy to carry. So we returned to the Russian side from all sorts of economic adventures to military which include 50 attack helicopters and possibly 36 more naval ones, to 46 MiG-35 to 26 Su-35 to 2 of their long range L-band low frequency mega surveillance radar systems to the S-300VM to TorM1 & BukM2 and the list goes on. It wouldn't make any sense to move to a different 5th gen aircraft other than the Su-57 which will happen.

That 8 Osprey will likely be cancelled after our President criticize our defense minister in the meeting. After that meeting, Defense Ministry office said diplomatically that their ministry hasnt yet chosen the Osprey (face saving). The request is already made, but the contract hasnt been signed yet.

Fair enough. The osprey makes complete sense for Indonesia, actually, the way you are made up of so many islands that the VTOL combined with the speed ability of the Osprey makes it the best choice compared to any other helo out there.

Okay, I will try to discuss other thing.........

Do you think it maybe better for Egypt to wait for 5 generation fighters to come (fighters beside F35 that look like impossible for Egypt) like J 35 from China or KFX/IFX from Korea/Indonesia to replace the old planes ? The possibility is that those planes will be ready about 5-6 years from now to be bought.

We don't have the luxury of waiting another 5-6 years and for what? The 5th gen aircraft? That will happen by then anyway. We're not buying any 5th gen aircraft at the moment but strengthening by modernizing our current fleet with as many 4+(+) gen aircraft as possible. The Rafale is one of the BEST options out there, sir.

Congrats to EAF!
What an arsenal for the pilots to exploit!
gxdG1va.jpg

Congrats to you as well! We should've ordered 36 from the start instead of 24 with the option for 12 more since that option turned out to be very difficult to execute and has led to all of this which we still don't know for sure if someone will throw a monkey wrench into the mix and discombobulate everything right back to square one! lol.
If I was making decisions for the EAF, not only would the SCALPs be a guarantee from the start, but the Meteor also would have to be a guarantee as part of this secondary order. According to SIPRI, all 50 SCALPs ended up being delivered by France after they worked out whatever the issue was with the US component, so really the only issue remaining would be the Meteor.

Following the lead of the EAF(not the first time as we know from the Digital Delta)
VRudPOv.jpg

Would be awesome to see exercises with Egyptian Air Force & Indian Air Force/Naval Air Arm as there are so many common platforms like the Fulcrum, Mirage 2000 & Rafale.
Hopefully more high level communication would result in the same.
E9SbEO4.jpg

I've been saying that for years, now. Because both our air forces have many similarities in the diversity of platforms and you guys have been at it with the more modern platforms a lot longer than we have, hence the tremendous learning benefit would really be for us. That's really the reason why I was always pushing for an Indian/Egyptian Air exercise. Hopefully it should happen soon.

Which radar do these Egyptian Rafales have? And will they get
meteors with the next order?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom