What's new

Egypt has shut down 64 media outlets and has sold two islands to Saudi Arabia.

If egypt wants to revive arab nationalism, it shouldn't give up its rights to salafist terrorists.
But puppet Sisi is scared of Saudi regime . End of the day it was Saudi which brought him to power. Sisi is not Egyptian, he is a Saudis and serving Saudis. Saudis are taking everything.

Are you a Fethullah Terrorist Organisation member?

You do not have the right to speak in my name.
Probably you're a Kurd, where live in the mountains and simulated on a turk.
do you know that Turkey is one of the biggest jailers of journalist in the world? and here you are accusing another country for jailing journalist. but what do you expect erdogan fanatic and inteligence. thinking don't get along, you are emabarrasing yourself.

do you know that Turkey is one of the biggest jailers of journalist in the world? and here you are accusing another country for jailing journalist. but what do you expect erdogan fanatic and inteligence. thinking don't get along, you are emabarrasing yourself.

Blame yourself. I have no interest on your off topic gossip.
Open a new theme about Erdogan.
This thread is about Egypt and not about Erdogan.

Well, unlike the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt, he didn't call for the murder of police and soldiers and throw fire on the opposition.
This is an MB journalist calling for the murder of Egyptian soldiers and security personnel live on TV. The kicker is that his channel and him are based in Turkey.

Bro both people are fanatic islamists, both muslim brotherhood members and Fethullah members.

"Both" should be suppressed. There is no good side there.

Al Sisi saved the status quo of cowardly greedy and thief general stealing the wealth or giving away the wealth of Egypt.That is why the foreign nations supported the coup d'etat look at how the Israeli got a well below market price for gas.

What needs to happen is a genuine form of arbitration and mediation to determine the facts of ownership of the islands. The issue started back in the very early 1900's, (1901 if I'm not mistaken) when the lines of demarcation for borders was being determined during the Ottoman empire between Saudi Arabia and the Egyptian ruling party at the time (I believe it was the Khediva party). At that time, and since then, the Egyptian military has been controlling the islands because it had the ability and Saudiya did not. So the Islands were administered by Egypt and were lost in 1956 to Israel (with the help of Britain & France) but gained back after the Suez Crisis. Then lost again in 1967 up till 1982. 1982 marked the full withdrawal of Israeli troops from Sinai and relinquishing control of the 2 islands back to Egypt was part of that agreement. Consequently, Egypt re-administered military control of the islands again and that's been the case up till now.

So not only do the territorial lines of demarcation have to be resolved by an independent arbitrator or international court after reviewing all the territorial water lines of each country and how they cross over the islands and what percentage of the islands do they overlap or intersect etc., but also check the records that were made from the early 1900's and any pacts that were agreed upon and signed to between Saudiya and Egypt and then make a determination that becomes binding. These agreements are absolutely essential and could possibly override any borderline rights. The islands are in a very tight waterway and the borders are bound to overlap to some extent (because of territorial waters), but it's essential to make a valid ruling that is based on all aspects (especially agreements) of the islands' ownership by a reputable and independent party and agree to it. Basing it on anything else such as emotional or gut feeling by the people is not the way to go. Naturally, most Egyptians will say "they're ours" and vice versa with Saudis. So leaving it up to the public is not the way anything of this magnitude should be decided.
What's you personal opinion about this Island and general mood about these Island ? . Is there any strategic value or has mineral resources .

But, it literally across Egyptian land.
r

An aerial view of the coast of the Red Sea and the two islands of Tiran and Sanafir is pictured through the window of an airplane near Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt

cf2qcd-wqaazulf.jpg

14608688810.jpg

Last edited:
Has Sisi actually delivered on any of his promises? I thought he was supposed to make the country more democratic? I thought he was supposed to make the country more prosperous? I thought he was supposed to make the country more secure? I thought he was supposed to give the country more prospects? He has failed at every level. All he has done is lock up grass root activists and journalists, so he can continue deluding himself/ give currency to his perverseness. His police are tyranical, his courts are tyrancial, his media is tyranical. Dictatorship systems are a limited/ narrow/ tyranical affair.....

you can joint them all, fetos and a lot of terrorists in love with pkk.

What's you personal opinion about this Island and general mood about these Island ? . Is there any strategic value or has mineral resources .

But, it literally across Egyptian land.

There certainly is strategic value to the two islands, particularly Tiran, despite what Sisi said. I don't know if they have any value in natural resources, but objectively and without any bias, they are closer to the Saudi Arabian coast than they are to Sinai. It you ignore any territorial lines for just a moment and just took a ruler and measured center points in the gulf of Aqaba, then drawing a centerline straight down the middle and through the islands, it would cross about 1/3 of the way through Tiran, leaving 2/3 of it and Sanafir closer to Saudi Arabia. I understand that doesn't mean much as that's not how things are done, but that just gives you a basic idea of the geographical location and proximity of the islands to either coast. The fact is, they are geographically closer to Saudi than to Egypt. However, there should be a thorough, independent investigation of all the documents pertaining to the ownership of the islands and arbitration so that the decision is taken away from either party and there is no bias involved. Apparently there are ample documents that show ownership of the island to Saudi Arabia. 89% of Egyptians believe the Islands are Egyptian, but how are they determining that? And what complicates things is the Parliament ruling the islands are in fact Saudi and people thinking these officials are bought and in the midst of all this is the money coming from the Saudis that puts a kink to this whole situation. If the land is legitimately yours, it's yours. If it isn't, it isn't. Who decides?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom