What's new

Egypt - HAL offers to set up LCA and LCH manufacturing.

I always suspected Iran had nukes. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for them to sign the JCPOA because it requires them to reduce their enrichment and handing over enriched Uranium to Russia. It wouldn't make sense Iran would agree to such a thing while they have the big threat of US attacking them. So they must have made some warheads and then signed JCPOA.

Exactly.... but now I think its a time for them to test one like North Korea.... it will be interesting topic to discuss on PDF after that....:-)

Exactly.... but now I think its a time for them to test one like North Korea.... it will be interesting topic to discuss on PDF after that....:-)

No way they will do it. They will get sanctions like NK and become like NK. Iranian Mullahs are very smart, they won't do that.

The Next Super Warrior-The Tejas MK-2 (Past, Specifications, Need’s, etc)

https://www.defencexp.com/tejas-mk-2

1657099113454.png

1657099207934.png

Tejas Mk2 is 4.5th gen plane and the fighter will be equipped with a multi-sensor data fusion system which will feature an active electronically scanned array radar namely UTTAM MVF, infrared search and track and a missile approach warning system. It will also feature an internalized integrated indeginously electronic warfare suite. The aircraft will be designed to have network-centric warfare capacity and will be suitable for CATS MAX upgrade that all the Tejas plane would be able to sport.

ADA is planning to integrate Uttam AESA radar (The T/R modules would be 1784) on Tejas Mk 2 in joint venture with Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE). Tejas Mk2 also called as the Indian variant of Rafale are to sport Thales X-Guard fiber-optic towed decoy system which would be later replaced by DRDO made towed decoy system and in house Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS).

1657099902409.png

The fighter is confirmed to be equipped with an artificial intelligence-based “optimally manned” cockpit. The cockpit will be designed such that the ground control would be able to take over the controls of the aircraft in case the pilot becomes unconscious, after being alerted by a sensor in the helmet of the pilot and the pilot would be auto-land and take off (even from a carrier) like it’s predecessor.

1657100066459.png

It will also sport a next-generation wide-area display which would be customized according to the pilot and will be capable of taking voice commands and will later onward sport an auto refueling technology which it will borrow from AMCA.

1657100139512.png

No canards on the naval version
1657099710638.png

Looks like window shopping they'll go for options flying and in service for a number of years.

Excerpts:

India has offered Egypt to set up production and manufacturing facilities for Tejas Mk1A light combat aircraft (LCA), as well as helicopters, informed sources told Daily News Egypt. This comes as India pursues export opportunities in the MENA region.

The sources confirmed the reports in Indian media that a series of high-level engagements have taken place with Egypt.

Besides offering the Tejas Mk1A Light Aircraft (LCA) to Egypt, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has also introduced its range of indigenous helicopters such as the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and Light Combat Helicopters (LCH).

Reports have also indicated that India is the frontrunner for Malaysia’s requirements for light combat aircraft, with a comprehensive deal on the table including maintenance and spare parts for Russia’s Su-30 fighter jets.

IAF and EAF have a lot in common...

they both get thier arse kicked in any airwar..

Egypt should ask for life and family insurance cover also.
There is 100% guarantee of crashes with these population controlling machines.

Report: BrahMos missile also offered to Egypt by India.

Egyptian Navy interested in Indian naval ship designs

Egypt should ask for life and family insurance cover also.
There is 100% guarantee of crashes with these population controlling machines.
Look I am neutral about this deal. There is pros and cons like we will get a lot of ToT from it (armaments maybe BrahMos, Astra etc..) but the problem will be in the maturity of this aircraft. I am sure our Air Force will choose the right decision since this aircraft can carry common weapons that our forces uses (MICA, AASM Hammer, R-77 etc...). Egypt has a long history with India in military industry since the 1960s like our indigenous aircraft project HA-300 etc...Plus Egypt took a lot time to choose between JF-17 Block 1-2-3 and HAL Tejas, there is some rumors that Egypt wasn't satisfied with Thunder and its armaments (ToT etc...)
Report: BrahMos missile also offered to Egypt by India.

Egyptian Navy interested in Indian naval ship designs
I don't think that Egypt will be interested in Indians naval ship designs. Even we didn't buy from Russia nor China for it because they aren't trustworthy or good and it is inferior to the western designs. That's why we choose western desings like FREMM Aquitaine (France) Bergamini class for frigates, MEKO-200 (Germany) for also frigates and finally GOWIND 2500 from France for corvettes/frigates. Plus we have indigenous project like PV-43 fast missile craft, multi mission Corvette (60 meters long, with a speed of 32 knots, has a range of 2,400 nautical miles). So I think Egypt will buy western naval ships and rely on our indigenous projects.

I don't think that Egypt will be interested in Indians naval ship designs. Even we didn't buy from Russia nor China for it because they aren't trustworthy or good and it is inferior to the western designs. That's why we choose western desings like FREMM Aquitaine (France) Bergamini class for frigates, MEKO-200 (Germany) for also frigates and finally GOWIND 2500 from France for corvettes/frigates. Plus we have indigenous project like PV-43 fast missile craft, multi mission Corvette (60 meters long, with a speed of 32 knots, has a range of 2,400 nautical miles). So I think Egypt will buy western naval ships and rely on our indigenous projects.
They can help in some aspects
We are going to build 6000 ton frigates soon ,the italian FREEM
I dont know what they will offer but lets see if the EN Approves it

Look I am neutral about this deal. There is pros and cons like we will get a lot of ToT from it (armaments maybe BrahMos, Astra etc..) but the problem will be in the maturity of this aircraft. I am sure our Air Force will choose the right decision since this aircraft can carry common weapons that our forces uses (MICA, AASM Hammer, R-77 etc...). Egypt has a long history with India in military industry since the 1960s like our indigenous aircraft project HA-300 etc...Plus Egypt took a lot time to choose between JF-17 Block 1-2-3 and HAL Tejas, there is some rumors that Egypt wasn't satisfied with Thunder and its armaments (ToT etc...)

Egypt will not buy any of these experimental machines from a country with no name (rather a bad name) / skillset in defence industry - for the same reason that they are unproven, experimental, and technologically dependent. Indians have a way of hallucinating themselves and in that they have already sold LCA to Egypt, Malaysia, USA, Argentina, Iran, and a half dozen other countries. The ones actually sold hurriedly in shape of Dhruv ended in contract canceled and crashes. After that it never happened. That's what happens when ego overrides experience and skill.

I don't care about JF-17 frankly. It's a political problem. For JF-17 to be sold to a country like Egypt, direct American permission is needed to both slave countries. I would not be surprised if Pakistan rolls back entire JF-17 programme and issues a state level apology to its master USA.

Egypt will not buy any of these experimental machines from a country with no name (rather a bad name) / skillset in defence industry - for the same reason that they are unproven, experimental, and technologically dependent. Indians have a way of hallucinating themselves and in that they have already sold LCA to Egypt, Malaysia, USA, Argentina, Iran, and a half dozen other countries. The ones actually sold hurriedly in shape of Dhruv ended in contract canceled and crashes. After that it never happened. That's what happens when ego overrides experience and skill.

I don't care about JF-17 frankly. It's a political problem. For JF-17 to be sold to a country like Egypt, direct American permission is needed to both slave countries. I would not be surprised if Pakistan rolls back entire JF-17 programme and issues a state level apology to its master USA.
iam suprised the Jf-17 was rejected for whatever reason. Mustve been a very bad deal for the tejas to take superiorty over it

Back
Top Bottom