What's new

Egypt counters Turkey with massive military exercises along Libyan border

To be honest I don’t know very much about ethiopia and their military situation but i know about the dam issue which is like national security threat for egypt
A final deal should have been signed on 29 or 29 January but today is 30th and still isn’t signed probably we are heading towards limited egyptian-ethiopian conflict
Theoretically they would ask for approval but since it is life or death situation i think egypt would go unilaterally neither sudan nor eritrea have reliable air defenses against F-16 I don’t think there is even will to confront egypt
Actually egypt only needs to bomb the dam but they will need from uae aircraft tankers it’s hard to imagine that uae will give to them if we know that uae has its own africa foreign policy that would be badly affected if they give tankers another problem is BVR capability I don’t think that egypt has it
Of course egypt can use ballistic missiles or its navy but again question is whether they have the necessary range to fire from egypt(yet again my opinion is they don’t have that range) in 2019 egypt lost 4 aircrafts and this month 1 total number is 5 lost this gives impression that egyptian pilots are not so ready if we sum up things egypt is not ready to pull off an operation sabotaging GERD dam but since this is very important for the internal stability of egypt i quess they will find a way to do it

Hope issue is sorted out diplomatically without any military action and outcome will be beneficial for both Ethiopia and Egypt.....

Egypt has BVR capabilities dears .... Rafales and MIG-29 M2 ... and in SU-35 that will be delivered this year 2020.

Egypt has BVR capabilities dears .... Rafales and MIG-29 M2 ... and in SU-35 that will be delivered this year 2020.

Ohh yes my friend... I had completely forgotten about Rafales.... and upcoming flankers.... thanks for sharing....

What's the beef between Australia and Egypt?

None but I support Turkey. By the way the egyptian regime even imprisoned Australian journalists and citizens until they got released.

Egypt has BVR capabilities dears .... Rafales and MIG-29 M2

Egyptian Airforce
36 Rafales armed with 60km MICA
50 MIG-29M2s armed with 80km RVV-AE export model of the R-77

Turkish Airforce
192 F-16s armed with 144 of 120km AIM-120C7 and 138 of 75km AIM-120B and 102 of 55km AIM-120A
( all of 192 F-16s equipped with AN/APG-68(V)9 Radar which is a long range up to 296 km and can detect MIG-29M2s from 105 km away )

and Thanks to 4 Boeing E7-T AEWCs

Last edited:
Yes you certainly have forgotten 27th February PAF did to you

Turks: moguls rule of India. Better learn history of the Muslim Turks what they can do to enemies

What was the value addition??? India further went ahead and merged your JAGULAR VEIN permanently and there is nothing Pakistan or it's 27th Feb VICTORY can do anything about it.... their PM also said we can't attack India and snatch Kashmir as we don't have capability....so keep that Muslim warrior crap doing to its enemies with you only.... yaar tum logo ne ek purana MIG 21 kya maar giraya tum log third world war winner hi ban gaye :lol:

A) it's hardly a counter, it's just flexing your muscles, knowing that nothing is gonna actually happen.

B) Egypt won't actually do anything. They won't attack Turkey, simply because Turkey can flatten them.
How sure are you about point B)..???

Dam deal failed exactly what i have predicted
Reality is that ethiopia which controls 80% or maybe more won’t make concession unless it is forced to do it
The upcoming period will be interesting to watch

Fairly certain. Egypt is barely recovering from its economic woes, it can't afford war.
Egypt is doing pretty good economically now..You can check International reports..But it does not want war..that is for sure as in latest news the trade between Egypt and Turkey is getting higher..So no worries there about war.. But Egypt is modernizing its armed forces to face all possible eventualities of modern warfare.. So nothing to be blamed about..

Egypt is doing pretty good economically now..You can check International reports..But it does not want war..that is for sure as in latest news the trade between Egypt and Turkey is getting higher..So no worries there about war.. But Egypt is modernizing its armed forces to face all possible eventualities of modern warfare.. So nothing to be blamed about..
It depends on what you mean by "doing pretty good". A lot of it's current growth is based upon loans and vanity projects, so I don't really buy its economy is doing as well as claimed.

Still, you're right about Egypt not wanting war.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom