What's new

Featured EGYPT - 220 units of F-16 but without BVR missiles

Turkey actually produced many of Egypt's F-16s, but that is a good question. I guess the US would allow passive upgrades e.g. AESA radar, EW, Mission computer etc.
i ask thin because our own MLU first 4 were went in USA and rest were gone to turkey by USA not by us . latter we select star upgrade from turkey but i think it was approved by USA . if USA want to give egypt technology they can give it direct no need via turkey .

i ask thin because our own MLU first 4 were went in USA and rest were gone to turkey by USA not by us . latter we select star upgrade from turkey but i think it was approved by USA . if USA want to give egypt technology they can give it direct no need via turkey .

That is a good point, sir. It is always difficult when the US is involved. Better to make yourself independent of them.

That is a good point, sir. It is always difficult when the US is involved. Better to make yourself independent of them.
they will sale you blindly if you are thier ally or nato country
they will not sale you if they see they can not milk you so much
they will sale you if you have similier tech in hands . so if egypt have something like AIM-120 in hands they will sure sale them . this is damn business . egypt have to do something in early 2000s to get some sophisticated weapons . its not too late if they grab some PL-15 and then submit request of 1000 AIM-120 then US will sale them i am sure .

1973 was not defeat but 1967 was defeat sir.
Both were defeats by any measure..In 1973 half of the Egyptian army finished surrounded and starved...that is defeat in any book.

20 x F-16 Block 52 have ACES EW suite.
That what we all think..I guess if they invade Lybia, we will find out for sure!

Egypt has bought the Rafale fighter jets, did they get any Meteor long missiles
with them? what about the radar, is it aesa?
They say they did..but Israel didn't object...In my book they didn't and what ever they got with the Rafale wasn't threatening..

they will sale you blindly if you are thier ally or nato country
they will not sale you if they see they can not milk you so much
they will sale you if you have similier tech in hands . so if egypt have something like AIM-120 in hands they will sure sale them . this is damn business . egypt have to do something in early 2000s to get some sophisticated weapons . its not too late if they grab some PL-15 and then submit request of 1000 AIM-120 then US will sale them i am sure .
See, It's not that difficult to have AMRAAM but first you need to convince yourself that you need to have an Independent overview of things in the neighbourhood not always subserviant of USA /Israel prism.
Here Egyptians completely failed as a nation they don't want to antoganize USA/ Israel by any means and want to remain under their security umbrella forever and thus don't need AMRAAM or Metore.

Last edited:
Both were defeats by any measure..In 1973 half of the Egyptian army finished surrounded and starved...that is defeat in any book.

That what we all think..I guess if they invade Lybia, we will find out for sure!

They say they did..but Israel didn't object...In my book they didn't and what ever they got with the Rafale wasn't threatening..
sir as i read they took back sinai land from israel in 1973 .which was captured by israel in 1967 .

Egypt has no idea what he is going to fight with.. huge opportunity for Turkey to test army teknoloji
Egypt is not going to attack or I invade Lybia..It is just bravado talk...Haftar forces are being pushed back and they will leave Syrte and all the coastal towns until the whole Lybia is U.N. st the control of the VAN, the only government recognized by the UN.

The fact that Egyptian Air Force built up massive F-16 fleet without its primary BVR weapon (AIM-120Cs) is beyond incompetent. Its criminal on Egypt's military leadership.

What incompetent what criminal ? They got them free and still getting them. Better than nothing.

Egypt has no idea what he is going to fight with.. huge opportunity for Turkey to test army teknoloji
common man both are islamic country . just because BS politics there should be a war ? its not enough muslims fighting Muslims all over globe ? in fact even if its non Muslim country i will say no to war . war is pain blood fire and destruction . have some peace now . for us both are brother countries egypt have less relations with us then turkey is our ally . but we have to say wrong is wrong even our brother do it ,

sir as i read they took back sinai land from israel in 1973 .which was captured by israel in 1967 .
No they stormed the canal, and stopped..and they were surrendered..They didn't liberate the Sinai...by any measure...

Btw its just a software update by OEM to get them firing AIM 120C/Ds. Not a big deal. I guess PAF should buy them from EAF and get them updated to Block 52 or V standards. It will be a great buy for PAF if brand news are costing us more.

Last edited:
What incompetent what criminal ? They got them free and still getting them. Better than nothing.
wrong sir again you forget the price of that free . its same as our CSF and USA use egypt so much all the year and at the end give them 1bn$ made in USA low grade weapons .

Back
Top Bottom