What's new

Egemen Bagis: Turkish Navy is Ready to intervention Cyprus

Dude, I know for a fact, it is not called dolmatti.. what can I say.And in england most turkish restaurants sell greek food, and are ran by Kurds who say the food is theirs.. go figure.. I am not going to pick on food names and recipies

Selling and claiming its our traditional food are different !! Anyway ...

i didnt know they will be fighting for food

let the food wars begin :D

your food is mine :angry:

btw in UK turkish delight comes with dairy milk chocolate, it tastes nice

your food is mine :angry:

btw in UK turkish delight comes with dairy milk chocolate, it tastes nice

I'd never fight for food, if it tastes nice, i don't care whose food it is.. ;)

Fighting for foods ?? ha ha ha ...

How old are you ? every nations have its own culture and food culture is a branch of culture tree... So dont act like a child if you dont understand !

Leaders of Greek Cypriot, Turkish Cypriot communities meet in Nicosia: UN spokesman

16:14, October 08, 2011

UNITED NATIONS, Oct. 7 (Xinhua) -- The leaders of the Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot communities on Friday met in Nicosia on how to bring peace to the divided island and they will meet each other early next week, UN spokesman Martin Nesirky told reporters here.

The two leaders met for six hours in Nicosia in the UN- mediated peace talks, Nesirky said at a news briefing here.

"The (UN) secretary-general's special representative, Lisa Buttenheim, told reporters afterwards that they had a broad discussion, and that they will meet again on Tuesday, Oct. 11," the spokesman said.

Cyprus has been divided since 1974, when Turkish forces invaded the island in response to a Greek-led coup apparently aimed at making it part of Greece.

Numerous UN-mediated attempts to reach a peace agreement over three decades have failed and, more than two years in, the latest effort, seen as the best yet opportunity, has not met expectations.

Some progress has been made on a power-sharing formula under a future federation, but negotiations have run into trouble on the issue of property lost during the war.

The last attempt at a negotiated solution to the Cypriot problem in 2004 collapsed when Turkish Cypriots voted in favor of a UN settlement plan, but Greek Cypriots rejected it.

As a result, Cyprus -- or the southern part ruled by Greek Cypriots -- joined the European Union that year, while the north remained effectively excluded.

Leaders of Greek Cypriot, Turkish Cypriot communities meet in Nicosia: UN spokesman - People's Daily Online

Back
Top Bottom