What's new

Education & Health budget: Punjab vs K-P vs Sindh vs Balochistan

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Since most of us like to focus specifically on education and health I thought it would be a good idea to create a new thread and discuss this most important part of the budget. It would be nice to compare and analyse the budget of each province so we know how the provincial government is doing for their people.

These figures can be slightly incorrect as different newspapers reported different figures but these figure seems to be most accurate so please do update me with the figures if you have better and more credible source.

Education:

Education.jpg

Health:

Health.jpg

Punjab education budget is 340bn including development and Federal is 86bn. Also i don't know if this figure is correct but in that KP budget will increase to 138bn for education.

"--Rs30 billion for rehabilitation of schools destroyed by militants."

Personally i think correct figure will be 3 billion.

Punjab education budget is 340bn including development and Federal is 86bn. Also i don't know if this figure is correct but in that KP budget will increase to 138bn for education.

"--Rs30 billion for rehabilitation of schools destroyed by militants."

Personally i think correct figure will be 3 billion.
I know where you are coming from but the actual budget mentioned is 273 billion rupees and the rest of the amount was under different heading. When you combined the total figure it may rise but I am just following what the Punjab government/newspapers claimed under the heading of Education budget.. that is 273 billion rupees? That is still a massive rise from last year's budget so definitely something to cheer about

I know where you are coming from but the actual budget mentioned is 273 billion rupees and the rest of the amount was under different heading. When you combined the total figure it may rise but I am just following what the Punjab government claimed under the heading of Education budget.. that is 273 billion rupees? That is still a massive rise from last year's budget so definitely something to cheer about

KPK education budget is 80bn in that case, and Sindh 134bn.

KP presents Rs 404bn budget
*Rs 80.70 billion earmarked for education

KPK education budget is 80bn in that case, and Sindh 134bn.

*Rs 80.70 billion earmarked for education

"The News" claimed that was 108 billion rupees

Rs404.80 billion Khyber Pakhtunkhwa budget presented - thenews.com.pk

Different figures from different sources... just like the punjab budget.. everything should be clear in a day or two.. awaiting for Balochistan budget so the total amount can be counted for both education and health.

Don't worry I may choose to have another column when the updated figures are available or update the existing figure if more sources will hint towards 340 billion rupees of budget.

Last edited:
allocation aik on paper mamla hota he, is ke baad jab us allotted money ko warm piece of cake ke tarha kha lya jata he woh aik bilkul alag mamla he

health and education yeh totally local government ka mamla hona chahye, jab tk no local government, budgets wagera peh baat ker bilkul fazul he

allocation aik on paper mamla hota he, is ke baad jab us allotted money ko warm piece of cake ke tarha kha lya jata he woh aik bilkul alag mamla he

health and education yeh totally local government ka mamla hona chahye, jab tk no local government, budgets wagera peh baat ker bilkul fazul he
us tara to Pakistan main soobay bhi koi 15-30 honay chahiye... par mulk chal hi raha hai is liye jaisa hai usi domain main rah ke bhi baat ho sakti hai...

Local Government/More Provinces are need of the hour but till the politicians don't realise the importance of it, we can utilise within whatever we have

us tara to Pakistan main soobay bhi koi 15-30 honay chahiye... par mulk chal hi raha hai is liye jaisa hai usi domain main rah ke bhi baat ho sakti hai...

Local Government/More Provinces are need of the hour but till the politicians don't realise the importance of it, we can utilise within whatever we have

bhai baat kerne ka kya faida, what have the respective provinces achieved in health and education in the last year? koi mile stone he to batao

1) heath standards

2) education standard

3) literacy rates

4) new universities opened

5) setting goals/targets and meeting them

6) improvement in infrastructure

7) any thing which has been done on emergency bases to address certain problems

etc

sab se pehle kisi policy ko formulate kerne ke lye, resources ko equally distribute kerne ke lye, it needs census

koi faida nahi is topic peh baat kerne ka jab end result he na pta ho

khali lahore/karachi me do char hospital aur uni banane se kya faida, if the health and education is not reached country wide

Last edited:
bhai baat kerne ka kya faida, what have the respective provinces achieved in health and education in the last year? koi mile stone he to batao
overall literacy rate barh raha hai, universities ban rahi hain, colleges ban rahay hain, education sector bohat aage hai 10 saal pehle se.

Just 10 years ago we had about 50 universities in Pakistan, now the total number is 158. Student enrolment, the number of PHDs, MPhil's has multiplied many times.

overall literacy rate barh raha hai, universities ban rahi hain, colleges ban rahay hain, education sector bohat aage hai 10 saal pehle se.

Just 10 years ago we had about 50 universities in Pakistan, now the total number is 158. Student enrolment, the number of PHDs, MPhil's has multiplied many times.
How many public? How many Private?

Punjab Government has announced a Health Insurrance Scheme. I think to begin with they will start providing free care and free medicines to 4 Districts.

3) literacy rates

Sirf kuch saal pehle literacy rate 50% thaa ab 70% ke qareeb hai.
4) new universities opened
Har saal average main 4-10 new universities ban rahi hain. Kaho to long list de deta hon. Pichle 10-13 saal main almost 100 new universities bani hain.
6) improvement in infrastructure
Depends upon the area but the improvement in infrastructure has certainly raised in my part of the city.
khali lahore/karachi me do char hospital aur uni banane se kya faida, if the health and education is not reached country wide
Indeed lakin statistics claims ke kuch diversity to pooray mulk main aayi hai. Aik zamana thaa ke students from our city only had the option to study in Lahore, now we have universities within our city, different alternatives available if we don't want to study in Lahore, my city and Islamabad.

I think its too early to discuss, because no final details are clearly out yet, all newspapers are reporting their own figures for KP :(

How many public? How many Private?
I am not sure about the total number of private and public universities but you can check that by visiting each university's website if you want

HEC recognized Universities

Most of these universities were constructed within the last 10 years so you are likely to get the data easily.

This is a list of Universities Affiliated colleges (1995 colleges in total)?

Universities Affiliated Colleges

With many of them built since last 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom