What's new

Education & Health budget: Punjab vs K-P vs Sindh vs Balochistan

Since most of us like to focus specifically on education and health I thought it would be a good idea to create a new thread and discuss this most important part of the budget. It would be nice to compare and analyse the budget of each province so we know how the provincial government is doing for their people.

These figures can be slightly incorrect as different newspapers reported different figures but these figure seems to be most accurate so please do update me with the figures if you have better and more credible source.

Education:

Education.jpg

Health:

Health.jpg
i m glade to see this competition between PML and PTI coz in the end the winner will be us the common people.

Punjab Government has announced a Health Insurrance Scheme. I think to begin with they will start providing free care and free medicines to 4 Districts.
they should at least give free basic medical care!

"The News" claimed that was 108 billion rupees

Rs404.80 billion Khyber Pakhtunkhwa budget presented - thenews.com.pk

Different figures from different sources... just like the punjab budget.. everything should be clear in a day or two.. awaiting for Balochistan budget so the total amount can be counted for both education and health.

Don't worry I may choose to have another column when the updated figures are available or update the existing figure if more sources will hint towards 340 billion rupees of budget.
Then instead of searching at newspapers try looking for official documents. For example, speaking about education and health, around 87 Billion are expected to be current expenditures leaving around 20 billion for development spending. Furthermore, for budgeting purpose,the health,education and other alike services have been clubbed making it difficult to estimate how much has been allocated for which one. However, when you take a look at the allocation in detailed heads, most portion of budget pertains to salary and administrative activities.
http://www.financekpp.gov.pk/FD/attachments/article/251/White Paper 2014-15.pdf

Then instead of searching at newspapers try looking for official documents. For example, speaking about education and health, around 87 Billion are expected to be current expenditures leaving around 20 billion for development spending. Furthermore, for budgeting purpose,the health,education and other alike services have been clubbed making it difficult to estimate how much has been allocated for which one. However, when you take a look at the allocation in detailed heads, most portion of budget pertains to salary and administrative activities.
http://www.financekpp.gov.pk/FD/attachments/article/251/White Paper 2014-15.pdf
I always take the official source first.. But it was not uploaded at that time... Just like the documentation of Punjab budget was uploaded day after it was revealed.

You know you've asked too much here....;)
Just last week I had nominated your name for moderation and was confident that you will be there soon after reading couple of good posts of you. Since then it's probably the 20th troll post from you, regretting... either you changed too fast or I didn't see other side of your trolling habits.

Just last week I had nominated your name for moderation and was confident that you will be there soon after reading couple of good posts of you. Since then it's probably the 20th troll post from you, regretting... either you changed too fast or I didn't see other side of your trolling habits.
Meray bhai, I don't need such things because I already have my platter full for the time being....Thank you nevertheless for considering me....:)

You just didn't see the other trolling side of him. I once regarded him as sanest poster from N-League. :lol:

@Aether
So, What's the Final Score by Province?
You will get the updated figures soon, I am hoping for Balochistan budget too. When I gathered the data only the official copy of Federal, Punjab and possibly Sindh budget were available on internet. Now we have the copy of K-P.. It would be nice if we have the copy of Balochistan budget too so I don't have to do everything once again

The bottom line is, the share of Punjab government in both education and health budget is higher than rest of the provinces. The share of KP in terms of education budget per capita is higher than rest of the provinces. The good thing is, Punjab raised the education budget from 180 to 273 billion rupees, that's a massive rise. Its somewhat due to the immense competition faced to them from KP as the PTI'ans don't let them sleep peacefully. They knew if they had allocated little amount, PTI'ans would find another excuse to criticise the government. The good thing is, if the amount is invested rightfully it's good for the country.

So far so good, the competition is a great thing for the country.

I will give my input after Balochistan budget has also been revealed.

Back
Top Bottom