What's new

Edged-out Eurofighter still hopes to bag IAF fighter deal

If India don't want Eurofighter...UK can alway consider China as option to piss India off by selling some keys technologies to off set Indian's Rafale advantages, we evil Chinese will gladly dismantle few copies of Eurofighters and make chinese J-xx version :D...and save English men's face at the same time...so it will be a win-win :lol:

If India don't want Eurofighter...UK can alway consider China as option to piss India off by selling some keys technologies to off set Indian's Rafale advantages, we evil Chinese will gladly dismantle few copies of Eurofighters and make chinese J-xx version :D...and save English men's face at the same time...so it will be a win-win :lol:

Wait what? How would getting their fighter jet copied by China allow them to save face?

Wait what? How would getting their fighter jet copied by China allow them to save face?

We will save their faces for been a losing contender, consider a great honor the we evil chinese award to englishman by copying their Eurofighter..save an aircraft that noone wants to buy, englishman should should some appreciation to us, the evil emperial Chinese...of course we want it with alot of discount from a losing contender :lol:

So what I assume from ignorant hindustnai members is that Euro Typhoon was a good choice until hindustan pickedup Rafale so Euro Typhoon is gone bad. Which means if Typhoon is bad for hindustan then any and every technology in Jaguars and Harriers are also bad since they are British. (according to hindustani psyche)

The reality is hindustan saved Dassault from bankruptcy for next few years a mere political decision. What is offered by Dassault is not flexible. Rafale F-2 would be needing upgrades by the end of this decade including Engine with more power one which is not part of deal. That would be a new deal which would cost more money considering expensive deals such as that of Mirage 2000 evidently. This particular deal has those restrictions that the platform would only be upgraded by French-local hindustan; iseaelis are bared not allowed. Here you are dealing with france and only france in present and future.

So what I assume from ignorant hindustnai members is that Euro Typhoon was a good choice until hindustan pickedup Rafale so Euro Typhoon is gone bad. Which means if Typhoon is bad for hindustan then any and every technology in Jaguars and Harriers are also bad since they are British. (according to hindustani psyche)

The reality is hindustan saved Dassault from bankruptcy for next few years a mere political decision. What is offered by Dassault is not flexible. Rafale F-2 would be needing upgrades by the end of this decade including Engine with more power one which is not part of deal. That would be a new deal which would cost more money considering expensive deals such as that of Mirage 2000 evidently. This particular deal has those restrictions that the platform would only be upgraded by French-local hindustan; iseaelis are bared not allowed. Here you are dealing with france and only france in present and future.

Its Rafale F3 + with AESA and a more efficent engine though engine deal is bit smoky .

Its Rafale F3 + with AESA and a more efficent engine though engine deal is bit smoky .

Right said F3+, AESA is part of deal. Engine is the same M88-2. iaf will have to get into separate deal for Engines, M88-2 is not near EuroJet EJ-200 and the EJ2x0 a new Variant to be developed and was on offer for Typhoon mmrca.

Right said F3+, AESA is part of deal. Engine is the same M88-2. iaf will have to get into separate deal for Engines, M88-2 is not near EuroJet EJ-200 and the EJ2x0 a new Variant to be developed and was on offer for Typhoon mmrca.

haha one more jealous pakistani ... so tell me anything near Rafale F3 category in Pakistani fizaia haha... after 20 years thr wont be a match ... :) ...

haha one more jealous pakistani ... so tell me anything near Rafale F3 category in Pakistani fizaia haha... after 20 years thr wont be a match ... :) ...

Boy it is not about jealously I have always maintained my position both Typhoon and Rafale are good planes infact I was the first person to post it on this forum that Rafales are ready for use for A2G being deployed to Libya while you were in your pampers.

I am pointing out EJ200 in its current form is better than M88-2 Engine and Euro consortium offered New variant (to be developed) with Typhoon in mmrca.

Boy it is not about jealously I have always maintained my position both Typhoon and Rafale are good planes infact I was the first person to post it on this forum that Rafales are ready for use for A2G being deployed to Libya while you were in your pampers.

I am pointing out EJ200 in its current form is better than M88-2 Engine and Euro consortium offered New variant (to be developed) with Typhoon in mmrca.

the main thing matters to India right now is TOT ... if french can give full TOT and help us in Kaveri engine than its better than Typhoon anyday ... and in case of Typhoon may be 3-4 countries were offering the same option but with higher price as everyone wanted a pie ... so we got what we wanted ... full TOT at lesser price ... we already have 300 MKI going for us ... so MRCA will merely play role of smaller brother it doesnt matter its Typhoon or Rafale both are good ...

What I assume from most/ignorant pakistani members is, they know zilch about EFT/Rafale.

Our present kaveri engine with 90 KN thrust is higher than 78KN thrust from M88-2 engines. How will a furthur development of an existing engine be of tremendous cost ? ( Also, rafale has a higher thrust engine already which is not fitted with default models. The reason is french airforce didnt find it necessary. Google for it )

And nobody said EFT is lesser than Rafale. Everyone acknowledges the superiority of EFT in A2A role since it has been brought up like that. Rafale is more of omnirole. Now if u compare it to a true bomb er, it will loose. If u compare it with an out and out Air superiority role fighter it will loose.

What you are overlooking is the kind of fighters IAF is/will be havin and the kind of unique role Rafale will play in coming years.
We already have Super Su30MKI for air superiority. Also, pakfa is on the way which will be a generation ahead in terms of air superiority than Su30MKI. Then we have indigenous plans for AMCA. Where the heck will EFT fit in is out comprehension.

Now u understand genius ?

You must Ignore Newbies post .. :D
Ontopic Well current engine M88-2 is more than enough and give 1.10T/W Which is pretty decent.
The other development is M88-4E which is much efficent ,bit more thrust and more lifetime for critical parts.
First test flight of Rafale fighter powered by upgraded M88-4E engine - Snecma

I m sure IAF will go for M88-4E ,when the final architecture for production of Rafale is getting ready.

What I assume from most/ignorant pakistani members is, they know zilch about EFT/Rafale.

Our present kaveri engine with 90 KN thrust is higher than 78KN thrust from M88-2 engines. How will a furthur development of an existing engine be of tremendous cost ? ( Also, rafale has a higher thrust engine already which is not fitted with default models. The reason is french airforce didnt find it necessary. Google for it )

And nobody said EFT is lesser than Rafale. Everyone acknowledges the superiority of EFT in A2A role since it has been brought up like that. Rafale is more of omnirole. Now if u compare it to a true bomb er, it will loose. If u compare it with an out and out Air superiority role fighter it will loose.

What you are overlooking is the kind of fighters IAF is/will be havin and the kind of unique role Rafale will play in coming years.
We already have Super Su30MKI for air superiority. Also, pakfa is on the way which will be a generation ahead in terms of air superiority than Su30MKI. Then we have indigenous plans for AMCA. Where the heck will EFT fit in is out comprehension.

Now u understand genius ?

90kn kaveri engine ?? :disagree:
current stats say it give Dry thrust of 51KN
WET THRUST OF 75KN.
From where you get this figures ?

Some information for you. Do your research good, perhaps some good knowledgable hindustani members would brief you before you do some blunders over here.

The Snecma M88 engine in the Rafale develops 50 kN (11,250 lbf) of dry thrust and 75 kN (16,900 lbf) with afterburners. Please Kaveri information is wrong.

French Air Force did not find it necessary according to you, Any official report/link by Dassault?

Customers would want a better Engine both F-16/F-18 offered have better engines, so other contenders offered better Engine EJ variant was offered which would also be featured in next tranche of Euro Typhoon.

U.A.E asked for better Engine you know what..france was reluctant plainly as french asked it has to be funded, they were taking U.A.E like idiots that is where U.A.E told them you will listen to us or we will find another contender wallah it shocked Dassault when Typhoon became the official contender for U.A.E next generation Fighter as well.

Based on the information regarding U.A.E needed a better performance engine along with other updates for rafale and french unable to comply or offer leads to believe the is going to be no new engine in development for Rafale, update yourself.

Before Rafale being deployed for A2G role for Libya, Typhoons were already the first ones to go A2G you need to update yourself, The have number of sorties over Libya in A2G Role.
LIBYA: UK commits Eurofighter Typhoons for ground-attack duties

The omnirole is to delusionalize you people, Typhoons can do it too it was longer deployed to Libya for A2A-A2G Roles.

I just don't understand some Indian members here going hammer & tongs at the EF. Rafale was selected because it was deemed to be cheaper, not better than the Typhoon. Opinions of members on which aircraft is better are just that-opinions! The fact that the IAF had shorlisted both EF & the Rafale on technical parameters meant that the IAF was okay with either of them. While it is certainly possible that there were other variables involved,especially on the technology transfer front, there is likely to have been a clear cut distinction on cost. Anyone arguing merits of the planes are wasting their time, this deal too will fall under the CAG's comb & as everyone is aware, they are not the best bunch to try & pull a fast one on. St. Antony & his minions are most certainly aware of that, even if it seems some here are not. Rafale must have clearly won on clear tangible financial grounds & if tech transfers were agreed to, they are probably bound down with iron clad commitments.

Back
Top Bottom