What's new

Economy to grow by 4.3 percent in fiscal year 2010

Congratulations to Pakistan. Wish you people good luck and good health. May God Bless Humanity.

Regards,

KS

indonesia Is The most powerful Islamic country in the World with current GDP $650 BILLION.

And growing rapid

Well done indonesia

indonesia Is The most powerful Islamic country in the World with current GDP $650 BILLION.

And growing rapid

Well done indonesia

Well I doubt that.
Turkey is way more powerfull then any islamic country.
Or does Turkey don't count because of official secular state.

That list is very very inaccurate.
Look at the most countries..
False informations.

true, that Wikipedia chart is extremely inaccurate
for example look at Iran

"The Economist stated in its latest report that Iran's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the current calendar year (began March 21, 2010) would rise by $55.5 billion, adding that the GDP figure would double in the next five years.
ISNA news agency quoted The Economist's February 2010 report stating that GDP in Iran had increased from $361.3 billion dollars last year to $416.7 billion in the current year.

The report estimated that the steady increasing trend of GDP in Iran would continue to reach the figure to $701.9 billion in 2013."

so 700 billion by 2013 according to the economist while the chart says 484 by 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now our GDP is 416 so how could it only increase by 68 bil in 5 years???? Last year it was a slow year and we still managed 55 bil increase. This whole chart is full of flaws for every single country. Nothing makes sense in it.

true, that Wikipedia chart is extremely inaccurate
for example look at Iran

"The Economist stated in its latest report that Iran's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the current calendar year (began March 21, 2010) would rise by $55.5 billion, adding that the GDP figure would double in the next five years.
ISNA news agency quoted The Economist's February 2010 report stating that GDP in Iran had increased from $361.3 billion dollars last year to $416.7 billion in the current year.

The report estimated that the steady increasing trend of GDP in Iran would continue to reach the figure to $701.9 billion in 2013."

so 700 billion by 2013 according to the economist while the chart says 484 by 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now our GDP is 416 so how could it only increase by 68 bil in 5 years???? Last year it was a slow year and we still managed 55 bil increase. This whole chart is full of flaws for every single country. Nothing makes sense in it.

yea its very inaccurate.
it says 600billion or so for turkey.
while it says 800billion in turkey(country) page.
and then in middle-east countries list page it says it crossed over 1trillion and then i go to the source which was world bank.

Turkey having over 1trillion us dollars with only 50million citizens.
while country having over 1billion citizens which have also more then 1-3trillion us dollars.
and telling them their economy is greater:bounce:

yea its very inaccurate.
and then in middle-east countries list page it says it crossed over 1trillion and then i go to the source which was world bank.
Well first of all let me make clear - Wikipedia is not a reliable source but i think you do not know the difference between GDP (PPP) and GDP (Nominal).

Thats where you are confusing yourself

Type ths in google to learn what it means

yea its very inaccurate.

Turkey having over 1trillion us dollars with only 50million citizens.
while country having over 1billion citizens which have also more then 1-3trillion us dollars.
and telling them their economy is greater:bounce:

Turkey's gdp is over a trillion in PPP terms not nominal
Iran and Turkey will be the same by 2013 in PPP terms.

GDP PPP 15 Turkey 1,028,897
GDP Nominal 17 Turkey 794,228

Hm.. PPP what turkey pays a year?
nominal what turkey makes each year? or what turkey get left?

GDP = Gross Domestic Produc

Gross domestic product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPP = Purchasing Power Parity

Purchasing power parity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Difference:

Yahoo! Answers - What is the difference between GDP (PPP) and GDP (nominal)?

What is the difference between GDP (PPP), Real GDP, GNP, and GDP (nominal)? - Yahoo! Answers

So PPP is more important?
if I understand correctly.

I'm no economist and I really don't know much about these things but I think it depends.
Say you wanna buy some foreign tech, you have to pay in Dollars but if you want to pay people's wages in the country then PPP matters more. A Turkish or Iranian worker will receive less than an American one for the same work. Over all I think PPP is more important.

I don't know where you quote that number from, but its incorrect.

GDP (PPP)
$861.6 billion (2009 est.)
$914.7 billion (2008 est.)
$906.5 billion (2007 est.)

GDP (nominal)
$593.5 billion (2009 est.)

The GDP has fallen in last year. So your economy is in recession. The growth rate has been negative 5.8%

http://www.theodora.com/wfbcurrent/turkey/turkey_economy.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tu.html
Turkey Economy, Turkish Economy, Turkey's Economic Profile | EconomyWatch.com

I'm no economist and I really don't know much about these things but I think it depends.
Say you wanna buy some foreign tech, you have to pay in Dollars but if you want to pay people's wages in the country then PPP matters more. A Turkish or Iranian worker will receive less than an American one for the same work. Over all I think PPP is more important.

Yes, PPP is more important when talking about domestic economy, individual expenses, ie more on terms with per capita economy.

But when considering the economy of a complete country, or its dealing with global economies, the nominal figure becomes more important.

Five-year plan sees 7pc economic growth in fiscal 2014/15

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s economy is likely to grow by 7.0 percent in fiscal 2014/15, while its overall economic growth would hover around 5.5 percent on an average over the next five years, reveals a copy of the 10th five-year plan 2010/15.

The 10th five-year plan envisages that by fiscal 2014/15, the growth rate for agriculture will be 4.8 per cent, industry 9.2 per cent, and service sector 6.4 per cent.

The target for 2009/10 was 3.3 per cent for overall Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth. The government estimates a growth of 3.6 per cent in the agriculture sector, 2.3 per cent in the industry and 3.7 per cent in services for the current fiscal.

The average growth rate for the five-year period 2010/15 is expected at 5.0 to 5.5 per cent, according to the plan.

Despite optimistic projections, the next five-year plan cited a number of constrains for achieving the desired growth rate, including resource mobilisation, security situation, energy & water and work ethics, skills and competitiveness.

The plan did not give specific remedies for these constrains, it only suggested cosmetic approaches and solutions including, “close coordination and interaction between key policy-makers - financial and development planners and key ministries.”

The plan estimates the growth rate for Large-Scale Manufacturing to reach 9.5 per cent of the GDP in 2014/15 against one per cent in 2009/10. Services sector and wholesale & retail trade growth rate is seen at 6.9 per cent, and financial & insurance at 9.5 per cent in 2014/15 against 3.5 per cent and one per cent respectively in 2009/10.

The five-year plan foresees that by 2015 wheat output will reach 30 million tons, rice 7.5 million tons, and cotton 20.7 million bales against 25 million tons of wheat, 5.9 million tons of rice and 13.4 million bales of cotton respectively in 2010.

The position of human development indicators that include education, health, water supply & sanitation and social protection will also be much improved in this five-year plan 2010/15.

Some of the indicators of education that include adult literacy rate and net primary & secondary enrolments will be increased to 100 per cent whereas the infant mortality rate will be decreased to 40 per cent and maternal mortality ratio to 140 per cent.

Similarly, the access to improved water sources and sanitation will also be improved to above 90 per cent whereas poverty headcount ratio will be decreased from 30 per cent to 13 per cent and BISP coverage will also be increased from 7 million to 12 million in 2015, said the plan.

The plan also envisages new development strategy of “investing in people” by increasing the share of total expenditures both public and private - in education, health, and meeting the MDGs.

Five-year plan sees 7pc economic growth in fiscal 2014/15

I am sure these figures are fake! reasn being no electricity rampant corruption MR.10% taking 90% from all businessmen trying to do business in pakistan!

P.I.A BANKCRUPT
PSM BANKCRUPT
PEPCO BANKCRUPT

how can we achieve this growth with these figures and with RELECTED "LEADERS" like JAMSHED DASTI??

Back
Top Bottom