What's new

Economy bounces back to record 5.7% growth, highest in over two years

Modi is doing nothing extraordinary...................its just that congress was total sucker.
This proves its all bout perception management. The investors stayed away from India coz of perception. Modi has still not done anything on tax reforms and still investors are barging in. Its only coz they have this perception that Modi will do it.

PMs job is not to do anything. His job is only perception and resource management. Rest all is done by the people of this country.

Modi is doing nothing extraordinary...................its just that congress was total sucker.
Partly true- he is saying the right things and is most certainly appealing to the business and investor community alike.

He does seem to be working to a vision that was simply non-existent during the UPA-2 term.

Naah Giving Hope much better than anything..................... Modi was the person who started to think positive.

Positive thinking can be deference do or die............... Hope and dream are gud for everyone.......... before that we were living in darkness because Thanks to UPA:angel:

This proves its all bout perception management. The investors stayed away from India coz of perception. Modi has still not done anything on tax reforms and still investors are barging in. Its only coz they have this perception that Modi will do it.

PMs job is not to do anything. His job is only perception and resource management. Rest all is done by the people of this country.

Nope.............if he dosen't do much in a year or so this perception will evaporate.
They money is pouring in as people expect reforms soon

Partly true- he is saying the right things and is most certainly appealing to the business and investor community alike.

He does seem to be working to a vision that was simply non-existent during the UPA-2 term.

UPA-2 has pushed india back atleast 5 years.............and i am being very generous here:coffee:

Naah Giving Hope much better than anything..................... Modi was the person who started to think positive.

Positive thinking can be deference do or die............... Hope and dream are gud for everyone.......... before that we were living in darkness because Thanks to UPA:angel:

As i said thinking positive is nothing extra ordinary.
As of yet he has done nothing special.......................no major bill has been passed as of yet,manufacturing still sucks,,,gst has not been implemented as of yet.

Till those things are done.............i won't judge him.
But 1 thing is certain...................he is doing 1000 times better than upa-2 in administration

I don't know about pushing back more like standing still.

When u are pushed to 4.5% from 9% with china(your competitor) still surging with consistent 7% growth despite being 4 times bigger(economy wise).....................we have relatively speaking lost years

When u are pushed to 4.5% from 9% with china(your competitor) still surging with consistent 7% growth despite being 4 times bigger(economy wise).....................we have relatively speaking lost years
I agree that 2011-2014 were lost years in terms of economic growth especially vis a vis China but 6.5%, 5.3% and 4.5% (2011-2013 economic growth) is still growth and only really a 24 month period (Q4 2011- Q4 2013) can be seen as particularly troubling.

No doubt India could have done better but now let's not look back and look foreword, ifs and buts won't get India anywhere now.

Last edited:
Aa i said earlier we are already very good in services sector and despite the shitty situation today we are still growing at 5 % approx(this qurter was 5.7%).................if we can revamp manufacturing in a decade or so double digit growth is a given.

As china is gonna shift from mnufacturing to consumption .................also their salaries have increased so manufacturing will logically shift to india in a decade or so.
Manufacturing is bound to happen,china is slowly loosing the ''cheap labour tag'' ,and with 489+ million strong ''cheap'' labour force we will be next one to rise in this sector, things surley cant happen within a midnight , if we look at 4months of this govt. it does somewhere gives you an indication that they are indeed serious about it, but most importantly impotent domestic firms has to be revived sonner than later,sell them if needed,better to get off a burden then to carry till eternity. (mera bus chale tho quoto aur so called ''secured'' job khatam kar do, they are responsible for incompitancy of domestic ferms)

Btw oil sector is another one which can boom with decrease in subsidies and deregularisation of diesel.

Its very much possible. We just need 8-9% Avg growth for 6 yrs with no CAD. More Exports than Imports will push Indian currency stronger. Afterall Nominal GDP is just a calculation. Real GDP is PPP GDP which shows the current growth pattern which infact is predicted to be growing around 9 till 2020.

Just get ur currency strong around 45-50 and we have a 4.5 Tn economy.
It is provided there's no more depreciation in rupee , but to do that all prediction have to be proven wrong jus like china did,9 % till 2020 i guess is too long ,it should be there by say 2018,that's my opinion.

As for rupee i guess they should raise it slowly jus like petroleum were increased during UPA regime,slowly enough that people wouldn't feel its burden, letting rupee hover around 59-61 for too long wouldn't help,just like RBI's doing must not last for too long,i guess they want Indian economy to first grow between 6-7 before they let rupee appriciate.fair enough i guess.

Anyways even today if we calculate Indian economy @45/$ it's around $2.5trillion, so 4.5 in 6yrs, preety much achievable provided we use our resources at its fullest.

I agree that 2011-2014 were lost years in terms of economic growth especially vis a vis China but 6.5%, 5.3% and 4.5% (2011-2013 economic growth) is still growth and only really a 24 month period (Q4 2011- Q4 2013) can be seen as particularly troubling.

No doubt India could have done better but now let's not loo back and look foreword, ifs and buts won't get India anywhere now.

Yes i agree................modi has thankfully taken good steps.
Lets hope this continues for another 5 years................

Manufacturing is bound to happen,china is slowly loosing the ''cheap labour tag'' ,and with 489+ million strong ''cheap'' labour force we will be next one to rise in this sector, things surley cant happen within a midnight , if we look at 4months of this govt. it does somewhere gives you an indication that they are indeed serious about it, but most importantly impotent domestic firms has to be revived sonner than later,sell them if needed,better to get off a burden then to carry till eternity. (mera bus chale tho quoto aur so called ''secured'' job khatam kar do, they are responsible for incompitancy of domestic ferms)

Btw oil sector is another one which can boom with decrease in subsidies and deregularisation of diesel.

I agree their labour is not cheap anymore but

1)They have 1000 times better infrastructure
2)More skilled labour
3)Their local manufacturing does not depend on western components anymore.....................they have started producing their own stuff.

So its not as if when west puts money in india,,,china will get screwed,,,not at all................

UPA-2 has pushed india back atleast 5 years.............and i am being very generous here:coffee:
u know what, back in 2011 i was like how would the global media react when india becomes a $2trillion economy,bt guess what that day neva came ,we are still stuck at $1.996 trillion ,it makes me sick to see India hover aroun 1.7-1.8 trillion dollars since 3 years,if you will compare India with all other countries,we are the ones to have taken the longest time to reach from $1trill to $2trill. Anyways as the say ,better move on then cry abt your past.

Yes i agree................modi has thankfully taken good steps.
Lets hope this continues for another 5 years................

I agree their labour is not cheap anymore but

1)They have 1000 times better infrastructure
2)More skilled labour
3)Their local manufacturing does not depend on western components anymore.....................they have started producing their own stuff.

So its not as if when west puts money in india,,,china will get screwed,,,not at all................
Agreed ,unlike India they ain't dependent on FDI to such extent,they have learnt in a way to survive without west. They fuel their economy from their Impressive reserves of $4trillion that they have,from $268billion in 2000 to $3.2trillion in 2011 :woot: is jus mind-boggling,on top of tht they have their 1.3billion strong consumer to fuel their growth,no worries for'em if they loose a bit of manufacturing share.

Agreed ,unlike India they ain't dependent on FDI to such extent,they have learnt in a way to survive without west. They fuel their economy from their Impressive reserves of $4trillion that they have,from $268billion in 2000 to $3.2trillion in 2011 :woot: is jus mind-boggling,on top of tht they have their 1.3billion strong consumer to fuel their growth,no worries for'em if they loose a bit of manufacturing share.

Agreed..............the single most important sector for us to concentrate is the chip fabrication.
Its the basis of all the electronics components.

Agreed..............the single most important sector for us to concentrate is the chip fabrication.
Its the basis of all the electronics components.
There are many Electronic hardware & FAB projects underway wid perhaps others waiting for approval and some stuck in the pipe line,its all about implementation and faster approvals of these projects. Investors loose money and "intrest'' if they are made to wait too long. Thers also need for making it easy for enterpenurs and start-up to invest,sithout running into looses the very next financial year,jus for refrence ,some of electronic projects ,----
Fab City - Semiconductor Manufacturing Hub | 1228 Acres - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom