What's new

Economy bounces back to record 5.7% growth, highest in over two years

There are many Electronic hardware & FAB projects underway wid perhaps others waiting for approval and some stuck in the pipe line,its all about implementation and faster approvals of these projects. Investors loose money and "intrest'' if they are made to wait too long. Thers also need for making it easy for enterpenurs and start-up to invest,sithout running into looses the very next financial year,jus for refrence ,some of electronic projects ,----
Fab City - Semiconductor Manufacturing Hub | 1228 Acres - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

Without govt pouring billions we will never have any manufacturing of silicon chips...................
Plus samsung is already on to 20 nm hkm process,,,,intel will move on to 14 nm process next year and we are stuck on 65 nm process and that too by drdo on a very small scale.

We need to pour billions there and those billions will help us make trillions in the long run.

Agreed..............the single most important sector for us to concentrate is the chip fabrication.
Its the basis of all the electronics components.

I agree with your point bro. India should focus on chip fabrication/creating a viable manufacturing industry and improving its infrastructure. The last point is even more important since it precedes the other former two.
What i still find surprising is that despite all the propaganda talk(i call it so because our media has ulterior motives for keeping on doing this, since they have a beef with China and so want to create a feeling of suspicion/caution by India towards China which i understand) of manufacturing moving out from China to India due to increase of wages etc. is all bulshit. Wages in China have been increasing for years now, but FDI hasnt decreased instead it has increased drastically(the highest recently last year), The reason for this is that the supply chain in China cant be easilly replaced by other countries(it will take years if not decades), good Infrastructure for businesses to strive, a strong central government who makes policy that can be implemented smoothly across the nation, and a massive market which our companies and those from Japan/south korea,taiwan are all vying for. So China will still be strong attractive market for us indepedent of India and its hostile business environment/trade barriers/inadequate infrastructure.
In fact even the little low cost manufacturing leaving China(for more middle/high tech ones) is moving to Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia instead of India. This itself should be a wake up call for the Indian government giving its size/population/low wage it should have been the obvious choice instead of Vietnam who seem to have been quite sucessful in attracting global electronics multinational companies to invest in the country than India. So India will need to first address these issues, if its to uplift its growth rate and attract more FDI.
All the best to India, im optimistic and think with proper governance/management you people can succeed.:cheers:

We need to be in double digits in 6-7 years.............thats the potential we have.

Just increase the manufacturing and u will see we will easily cross 10% post 2020 provided there is no global depression
but does India have the resources for such growth?
you would need massive amount of coal production
massive amount of oil
massive pretty much everything

Last edited:
but does India have the resources of said growth?
you would need massive amount of coal production
massive amount of oil

Do u know how much coal we have............just check on google.But due to environment lobby and state firms(public) the mining is far too low,nevertheless it can be fixed pretty easily.
And oil is not an issue,,,,,,everyone imports it and so will we.

The assets are a huge,,,fucking huge skilled labour and pretty cheap too.
Also the biggest market after china which is gonna surpass china in next 10 years easily.

The problem is infrastructure and reforms.Thats why i say it will take at least 10 years

I agree with your point bro. India should focus on chip fabrication/creating a viable manufacturing industry and improving its infrastructure. The last point is even more important since it precedes the other former two.
What i still find surprising is that despite all the propaganda talk(i call it so because our media has ulterior motives for keeping on doing this, since they have a beef with China and so want to create a feeling of suspicion/caution by India towards China which i understand) of manufacturing moving out from China to India due to increase of wages etc. is all bulshit. Wages in China have been increasing for years now, but FDI hasnt decreased instead it has increased drastically(the highest recently last year), The reason for this is that the supply chain in China cant be easilly replaced by other countries(it will take years if not decades), good Infrastructure for businesses to strive, a strong central government who makes policy that can be implemented smoothly across the nation, and a massive market which our companies and those from Japan/south korea,taiwan are all vying for. So China will still be strong attractive market for us indepedent of India and its hostile business environment/trade barriers/inadequate infrastructure.
In fact even the little low cost manufacturing leaving China(for more middle/high tech ones) is moving to Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia instead of India. This itself should be a wake up call for the Indian government giving its size/population/low wage it should have been the obvious choice instead of Vietnam who seem to have been quite sucessful in attracting global electronics multinational companies to invest in the country than India. So India will need to first address these issues, if its to uplift its growth rate and attract more FDI.
All the best to India, im optimistic and think with proper governance/management you people can succeed.:cheers:

I agree with u post 100%.
If india looses this opportunity to develop infrastructure in next 10 years then it will remain a pipe dream only.

And ur points on china are true plus let me add they are far too advanced now and don't exactly need fdi now.
They can pretty much make everything on their own without help....................and in next decade or so they are only gonna improve and not fall back.

But their is a natural progression which is inevitable................china will give way to cheaper india(provided we make infrastructure)..........the question is how much time it will take

Do u know how much coal we have............just check on google.But due to environment lobby and state firms(public) the mining is far too low,nevertheless it can be fixed pretty easily.
And oil is not an issue,,,,,,everyone imports it and so will we.

The assets are a huge,,,fucking huge skilled labour and pretty cheap too.
Also the biggest market after china which is gonna surpass china in next 10 years easily.

The problem is infrastructure and reforms.Thats why i say it will take at least 10 years

I feel ya
if you wanna pull a China you are going to have to produce and consume a lot of coal, like 2-3 times as much as the U.S
and oil yeah you can import, but oil isn't going to be around much longer. in ten years China might consume just as much as the U.S
U.S consumes 18 mmbd
Europe consumes 14mmbd
China right now consume 10mmbd but it's growing by about 300,000 to 400,000 a year so in ten that would be more like 14/15mmbd
OPEC countries are consuming more oil per year like Saudi Arabia
this is why you see China going all around making these long term oil contracts.

I feel ya
if you wanna pull a China you are going to have to produce and consume a lot of coal, like 2-3 times as much as the U.S
and oil yeah you can import, but oil isn't going to be around much longer. in ten years China might consume just as much as the U.S
U.S consumes 18 mmbd
Europe consumes 14mmbd
China right now consume 10mmbd but it's growing by about 300,000 to 400,000 a year so in ten that would be more like 14/15mmbd
OPEC countries are consuming more oil per year like Saudi Arabia
this is why you see China going all around making these long term oil contracts.

Oh no,,,oil is not to be gone for at least next 50 years,,,not a chance.
All those things are rumours.

As for competing with china remember where china was 15 years back!!
And where it is now after reforms:o:

If india has to succeed we have to do what china did 15 years back and that ain't easy:disagree:

I think we also have huge potential in agriculture sector, if we can bring in the new technologies, food processing and storage facilities we can bring in another green revolution. almost 20-30% (if not more) of food produce is getting wasted.

I think we also have huge potential in agriculture sector, if we can bring in the new technologies, food processing and storage facilities we can bring in another green revolution. almost 20-30% (if not more) of food produce is getting wasted.

40%

We have a potential in this sector as well don't you think so? being a simpleton I can understand about this sector only. That's where I get my kanak n makhan from !!!

We have a potential in this sector as well don't you think so? being a simpleton I can understand about this sector only. That's where I get my kanak n makhan from !!!

Same for us too...............we too get the kanak from our own khet.
We need to diversify from kanak and jhoona(wheat and rice) and move to cotton,sugercane,pulses,fruits etc.

Otherwise the future is bleak.

Plus the bigger problem is fragmented land.............average ownership is just 3-4 acres,even less i think.
In usa etc its 100's of acres..............maybe even 1000's.
So we need to introduce cooperative farming if we want green revolution 2.0.

But truth be told--------------its nearly impossible to pull off

Same for us too...............we too get the kanak from our own khet.
We need to diversify from kanak and jhoona(wheat and rice) and move to cotton,sugercane,pulses,fruits etc.

Otherwise the future is bleak.

Plus the bigger problem is fragmented land.............average ownership is just 3-4 acres,even less i think.
In usa etc its 100's of acres..............maybe even 1000's.
So we need to introduce cooperative farming if we want green revolution 2.0.

But truth be told--------------its nearly impossible to pull off
No doubt about diversifying the produce. We trying to switch to organic cr@p let see how that works out.

No doubt about diversifying the produce. We trying to switch to organic cr@p let see how that works out.

Its a bad idea looking at the huge population we have to feed.
Its okay for small countries with 1/50 of our population

Its a bad idea looking at the huge population we have to feed.
Its okay for small countries with 1/50 of our population
We are trying it on a small scale with those "Bread Boy" vegetables like colored bell peppers. Nahi ta ... kanak and jhoona ta hai hi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom