What's new

Economists React: China’s GDP Growth Slows to 7.7%

Well - any nation would give an arm and a leg for the kind of economic growth China has had over the last decade and a half. 7.7% is pretty exceptional. Many Chinese posters will tell you that I have always had an issue with their political model and the way they get things done but their policy makers do deserves kudos.

chinese have heap loads of money that they can pump in their economy and drive a handsome 8% growth for atleast a decade.

chinese have heap loads of money that they can pump in their economy and drive a handsome 8% growth for atleast a decade.

I have my doubts on that logic. since Japan also had (and continues to have) heap loads of money, but is languishing in recession for so long.

What I don't doubt is the CPC's ability to report growth. They themselves acknowledge that they are just reported numbers, not a measure of achievement.

Hence, pointless to discuss numbers which have no basis.

Let's be patient till the bamboo curtain lifts.

I hope that my friend above who didn't have a clue about the Berlin wall, has some knowledge of bamboo curtain. Else, he's honourably guided to Google.

7.7% is still very high

Well - any nation would give an arm and a leg for the kind of economic growth China has had over the last decade and a half. 7.7% is pretty exceptional. Many Chinese posters will tell you that I have always had an issue with their political model and the way they get things done but their policy makers do deserves kudos.

China will overtake the US in few years

7.7 is a very good growth.... But it gives an indication for other countries how difficult is the economy going to be - especially for india....

I saw a similar article on CNN and at least CNN, which is known for anti-Chinese, acknowledge that the growth rate is higher than the official aim of Chinese government, which is 7.5%.
It is not just the global recession, China is also transitioning into high tech. Its GDP also has reached a certainly level so relatively slowing down is to be expected.

7.7 is a very good growth.... But it gives an indication for other countries how difficult is the economy going to be - especially for india....
Property price is going on to an incredible level, not sure whats going to happen. Infrastructure investment is pushing the economy foward, a lot of money is putting into railway, road, bridges and towers. Environment protection is still a big issue, so many things to do, man. Not happy until salary is as high as west. The export data shows good, but I am not sure why.

its still very good
Nobody really cares this cold number now, people are abusing environment protection, healthcare, the GDP growth doesnt make me happy directly, I wanna see more human development. How is India going anyway ?

Here is a recent analysis conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and I believe it is informative for posters such as this dude, but I don't know, you can't fix stupid, and it is much worse if the target is jealously stupid.

read the whole report here
FRBSF Economic Letter: On the Reliability of Chinese Output Figures (2013-08, 3/25/2013)

Abstract and graphs
Some commentators have questioned whether China’s economy slowed more in 2012 than official gross domestic product figures indicate. However, the 2012 reported output and industrial production figures are consistent both with alternative Chinese indicators of the country’s economic activity, such as electricity production, and trade volume measures reported by non-Chinese sources. These alternative domestic and foreign sources provide no evidence that China’s economic growth was slower than official data indicate.

graphs showing that the Chinese official numbers are consistent with alternative industrial indicators as well as numbers released by foreign agencies
2013-08-1.png

2013-08-2.png

2013-08-3.png

Yes, if true.

If I were chinese, I honestly won't worry about 7% or 5% or 10%.

I'd just pray that the Berlin wall doesn't fall.

China need slow down a little bit to take care of the overheating problems in the past few years. A lot of adjustments need to be made. There is no need to have double digits growth any more.

China need real quality growth.

at 7.8% growth, China still have by far the largest absolute growth. The 2nd highest should still be the US.

Judging by the slower-than-expected growth in consumer spendings,it seems that the anti-corruption measures adopted since the end of 2012 are working rather well。:azn:

The way everything is working in this world,China is the single major indicator to world's economy.It is extremely important and beneficial that China keeps on growing at good rate.

Nobody really cares this cold number now, people are abusing environment protection, healthcare, the GDP growth doesnt make me happy directly, I wanna see more human development. How is India going anyway ?

mate,we got more problems than you..our economy is doing well...about human development-

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i see u guys reaching high development in perhaps a decade...

i hope we atleast reach there after 2 decades...:hitwall:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom