What's new

Economist: Huge anti-war criminas protest in Dhaka

Is it not too late. All these happened in 1971, what was going on between then and now?
Most of the culprits will be dead by now.

No they r not. They r between us or roaming as citizens of different countries and making plans against the country.
Most significant thing is they left lots of raazakar mind decedents.

1971 happened, Pakistan apologized, it's time to move on.

This obsession about 1971 is stoked by Indian apologists (in Bangladesh and India) to keep Bangladesh mired in the past.

This obsession about 1971 is stoked by Indian apologists (in Bangladesh and India) to keep Bangladesh mired in the past.
Such people are everywhere. We read comments filled with Godhara riots, Sikh massacre etc. In case of Godhara, 75 convictions are made.

Gujrat Muslims have moved on.

Hammer and some others(animelive, madx, etc), do you know you have actually made me start liking Bangladeshi's !

I had actually started hating them reading posts of idune, luffy, and some others - who constantly called others with words like 'malauns', 'stooge', 'corrupt', 'dalaal', and what not.

These words were used atleast 5 times in one sentence by them. Civility is severely lacking in these gentlemen!
And constantly calling for breaking up of India, they even defended wanted terrorists in India like ULFA leaders!!

And i had started thinking all of Bangladeshi's were like this! God bless you and your like!

You do realize that there are Bangladeshi's who helped Pakistan Army in their supression of Bengalis? And that those people still live in Bangladesh!

THe people of Bangladesh have a right to demand that these Mir Jaffer's be hanged! Its not about Pakistan or Pakistani's. Its about Bangladeshi's who raped and killed other Bangladeshi's.

I think what sticks out about 1971 the most is that no one was punished, which makes it humiliating for any Bangladeshis that might have suffered during the war. If you look at the Holocaust for comparison, all high ranking Nazis (and many even Junior Level Officers) were convicted and punished for war crimes.

Pakistani Army played the clever card with India, they surrendered with the condition that they would be sent scot-free to Pakistan, making sure that they were not liable for any war crimes. Since Pak Army cannot be punished, the public pressure seems to be coming down on the local raza-kaars conspirators against the population.

Bangladesh is an independent sovereign country.

Bangladesh will decide what to do with citizens inside its own country and that is an internal matter for the People's Republic of Bangladesh.

This does not in anyway affect Pakistan, so Pakistani authorities have no right to interfere in this internal matter (Zardari supported the Jamatis being tried for war crimes).

As for the apology, there is a lot I could say about that but I will refrain from doing so.

Hammer and some others(animelive, madx, etc), do you know you have actually made me start liking Bangladeshi's !

I had actually started hating them reading posts of idune, luffy, and some others - who constantly called others with words like 'malauns', 'stooge', 'corrupt', 'dalaal', and what not.

These words were used atleast 5 times in one sentence by them. Civility is severely lacking in these gentlemen!
And constantly calling for breaking up of India, they even defended wanted terrorists in India like ULFA leaders!!

And i had started thinking all of Bangladeshi's were like this! God bless you and your like!

You do realize that there are Bangladeshi's who helped Pakistan Army in their supression of Bengalis? And that those people still live in Bangladesh!

THe people of Bangladesh have a right to demand that these Mir Jaffer's be hanged! Its not about Pakistan or Pakistani's. Its about Bangladeshi's who raped and killed other Bangladeshi's.

1. Those people you mentioned above and their ilk who I call part of the 4.6% club (Jamat got 4.6% of the votes in the last election) do not represent the vast majority of Bangladeshis and yes they are very abusive, labelling anyone who disagrees with them as "Awami thug" (even if like me they say the Awami League is a very violent party) or "dalal" or "malaun" or family insults.

However their party got 4.6% of the votes in the last election and 4.2% in the one before that.

:lol:

2. Yes, this is an internal matter for Bangladesh and nothing to do with Pakistan. Reading some of the articles in the Pakistani press you would think that businesses, lives were being affected in Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi by the events in an independent sovereign country on the other side of Asia, 1,000 miles away. Pakistanis are not in any way effected by this in the same way they are not affected by the Mubarak trial for example, which is an internal Egyptian affair.

Just so everyone understands how unimportant Jamat is in Bangladesh then here are the following facts.

1991: Jamat got 12% of votes.

1996: Jamat got 8.6% but only 3 seats.

2001: Jamat got 4.2% (their lowest ever but 17 seats, their highest in recent history)

2008: Jamat got 4.6% and 2 out of 300 seats.

Jamaat in Bangladesh

So their 2008 performance was weaker than 7 years earlier in terms of seats and marginally better percentage wise.

If this trend continues the party is heading towards complete irrelevance/extinction.

As Bangladesh industrializes and becomes a stronger country and more self-reliant (thus the Jamati narrative/thesis that Bangladesh is a failure so must re-integrate with Pakistan becomes unsustainable) and with more and more women entering the labour market the party will become even more irrelevant than it is now.

Jamaat only contested 30 seats. Jamaatis in gulshan or else where vote BNP. This 4.6% is a hindu propaganda created by hindus in this forum.

Jamaat only contested 30 seats. Jamaatis in gulshan or else where vote BNP. This 4.6% is a hindu propaganda created by hindus in this forum.

Lying through your teeth? The Bangladeshi member Hammer-Fist is always saying that number, not a single Hindu says that number. We Indians/Hindus dont care whether you give 0% or 100% to Jamaat or taliban or whatever new part you vote for.

Bangladesh is an independent sovereign country.

Bangladesh will decide what to do with citizens inside its own country and that is an internal matter for the People's Republic of Bangladesh.

This does not in anyway affect Pakistan, so Pakistani authorities have no right to interfere in this internal matter (Zardari supported the Jamatis being tried for war crimes).

As for the apology, there is a lot I could say about that but I will refrain from doing so.

My point, which many people missed, was not that Pakistan should interfere, but that Bangladesh is a democracy and has multiple viewpoints.

Many intelligent Bangladeshis believe that this obsession with 1971 is a millstone that serves no useful purpose, other than to divide Bangladeshi society and keep it backwards focused. This conclusion does not make them mullah-brainwashed jamatis, as some other Bangladeshis are wont to characterize; it is a legitimate opinion held by educated, knowledgeable and patriotic Bangladeshis.

US and West do not want Indian influence in Bangladesh. It is only RAW and their paid agents who want to operate under cover of US patronage. The real agenda is to establish and solidify Indian influence, that is the target of all these mindless propaganda with irrelevant pictures and texts.

We are already suffering a lot from illegal immigrants from your side.
No Thanks, we don't want our influence on Bangladeshis and provoke them for pole vaulting

Back
Top Bottom