What's new

Economic ties: Chinese investors to establish 25 hydel power stations in KPK

lol why you guys expect IK to take care of everything? Ask your PM or CM Punjab to deal with Kalabagh Dam, IK is not their mom to pamper them everytime.. )
FYI Punjab never opposed KBD, the most vocal opponent has been KP and a bit less noise from Sindh,.

However we know this is an important national project that can produce 8-10 times more than these 25 or so projects (in this thread), that we must ask all CMs to get their $hit together and get this project going.

Not only KBD will add 4000 MW but it will also help extend the life of Turbela dam thus doubling if not quadrupling overall impact.

And this 500 MW is just one project with Chinese Investors, there are several other projects too which new KP govt has started recently. Try following Naya KPK | News & Updates thread once in a while to keep yourself updated. :)

500 MW is total capacity of 25 projects.

how much will a nuclear power plant cost under 1000 MW?

it is but i just thought i might put up a question regarding the nuclear plant

Please open a separate thread. This is specific to hydro power that is pretty much in control of CM Khattak

Thank you

p.s. 1000 MW cost around $1.5 to 2 billion cash. However the cost is higher if you are under sanctions or wanting to buy on credit.

FYI Punjab never opposed KBD, the most vocal opponent has been KP and a bit less noise from Sindh,.

However we know this is an important national project that can produce 8-10 times more than these 25 or so projects (in this thread), that we must ask all CMs to get their $hit together and get this project going.

Not only KBD will add 4000 MW but it will also help extend the life of Turbela dam thus doubling if not quadrupling overall impact.

500 MW is total capacity of 25 projects.

KBD is another issue, but considering the mandate PMLN has got now they are in a very good position to push for KBD, why do you think they are reluctant from doing this? Don't tell me because IK.. :laugh:

Secondly, KP is blessed with a lot of small rivers, lacks and canals. They can literally start tons of small hydro projects here and there. These small units are cheap and can contribute a lot in power generation and solving current crisis. Yes KBD is big dam and has its own importance, but we can't just sit and wait for it and do nothing.

These small hydro projects are very useful, I recently saw somewhere that these projects have massive potential in KPK, we can generate upto 10000 MW (don't remember exact figure but it was huge figure) electricity via these small cheap projects. I will try to dig it tomorrow for you.

For now, just watch the following video to have an idea what I am talking about, I'm sure you'll understand:

Also here's a quick google search:

Energy emergency: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa plans 20 hydro power projects | Business Recorder

Senior Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Siraj-ul-Haq said for overcoming energy shortage the provincial government proclaimed energy emergency in the province and has planned a 20 hydro-power projects with capacity of at least 25,000 megawatt electricity on the rivers.

Here are a couple more quick searches for you @FaujHistorian

Potential Hydro Projects in KP discussed by @Leader
Naya KPK | News & Updates | Page 9
Naya KPK | News & Updates | Page 9

June 13, 2013
$2b investment to develop hydro power projects in KPK
(Upto 1000 MW hydro projects, memo signed with Galaxy Consortium for $ 2bn investment)

By 2020 around 7000 MW hydel power will be added to national grid via several projects of PPIB (PRIVATE POWER & INFRASTRUCTURE BOARD), works under Ministery of Water & Power.
PRIVATE POWER & INFRASTRUCTURE BOARD

21 Dec, 2013
KP eyes fat hydel energy proceeds - DAWN.COM
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government’s hydel revenue is expected to grow to Rs30 billion annually by 2018 as some new hydropower units are slated to begin operations during the next five years, according to the relevant officials.

30 June, 2013
4 New Hydro Projects started (457 MW combined): KPK Govt to start work on four energy projects

26 Aug, 2013
IK inaugurated first Micro Hydel Project in Kalam, around 300 micro hydel plants are planned
PTI Imran Khan inaugurates Micro hydel power project in Kalam | The News Tribe

KBD is another issue, but considering the mandate PMLN has got now they are in a very good position to push for KBD, why do you think they are reluctant from doing this? Don't tell me because IK.. :

Let's not make this important debate into some kind of anti-pro-IK

Finally, pencil khattak and Zani khan will have something to brag about. I hope they get something done since they are highly incapable and incompetent. I still laugh when pencil khattak said Shahbaz sharif will copy him hahahah. Abhay pencil khattak, tere bachay tujhe copy nahi kartay tu Shahbaz sharif ki baat kar raha hai.

They way you speak, you family, specially ladies, must have been in harem of some big jageerdar.

They way you speak, you family, specially ladies, must have been in harem of some big jageerdar.

Dude you have just put you hand into filth. See a lot of people saw his comment but no one cared to respond to him but you just did.. :cry:

He's a d!ckhead, no need to respond to him, let him do what he wants, no one cares about these focktards..

I have said it before, I would give KPK government 2-3 years before passing judgement. For now although some promises have seen delays but the general direction seems to be right.

I have said it before, I would give KPK government 2-3 years before passing judgement. For now although some promises have seen delays but the general direction seems to be right.

There are lots of projects which will take time, so 2 - 3 years are fair period to assess the performance of KP govt. But situation is so grim, that is why people are so desperate to see massive changes in few days.

Yes, KP govt is bit behind on a lot of things, no question about it. But the good thing is, at least they are on the right track..

There are lots of projects which will take time, so 2 - 3 years are fair period to assess the performance of KP govt. But situation is so grim, that is why people are so desperate to see massive changes in few days.

Yes, KP govt is bit behind on a lot of things, no question about it. But the good thing is, at least they are on the right track..

Yaar, I'll tell you my frustration and a possible way of improvement of keeping everyone up to speed with the progress being made. The traditional way is to report projects start and completion only. The problem with this approach is that most projects take multiple years to complete and in between it feels like nothing is happening. The the KPK government can make a list of all major initiatives and report progress say on quarterly basis. For instance, let's take student enrolment, land record computerisation and ehtesab commission formation for example, if we keep hearing what percentage of the project has been completed or what is the target and where we are standing at the moment along with the progress made, everyone would be much more happier. Basically we need KPIs with targets and actuals, project plans and progress made.

Communication, communication and communication....

Yaar, I'll tell you my frustration and a possible way of improvement of keeping everyone up to speed with the progress being made. The traditional way is to report projects start and completion only. The problem with this approach is that most projects take multiple years to complete and in between it feels like nothing is happening. The the KPK government can make a list of all major initiatives and report progress say on quarterly basis. For instance, let's take student enrolment, land record computerisation and ehtesab commission formation for example, if we keep hearing what percentage of the project has been completed or what is the target and where we are standing at the moment along with the progress made, everyone would be much more happier. Basically we need KPIs with targets and actuals, project plans and progress made.

Communication, communication and communication....

PTI is the only party that has its own Research Wing, and I can confirm from my sources that those guys are already doing these things so this idea is already in pipeline. Maybe we'll see it in few months.. :)

my biggest concern at the moment is the law situation, i hope within the next few months police gets some sort of massive boost

Back
Top Bottom