Economic ties: Chinese investors to establish 25 hydel power stations in KPK

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Economic ties: Chinese investors to establish 25 hydel power stations

659218-_big-1389806547-834-640x480.jpg

Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Chief Minister (CM) Pervez Khattak signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Wednesday with Chinese investors to establish 25 hydel power stations in K-P.

Khattak was speaking to a delegation from CINOTEC, a Chinese energy production company, at the CM Secretariat, Peshawar. The CM expressed confidence that the Chinese government and businesses would invest in K-P, particularly to help the provincial government overcome the energy crisis it faces.

An MoU was signed and documents were exchanged between the company’s country director Mr Song and Secretary Energy and Power Sahibzada Saeed. According to the MoU, the Chinese company will establish 25 hydel power stations at different places along Swat River. These will produce 500 megawatts electricity, and would be injected into the provincial grid within four years. The company director told the CM the feasibility report of three of these hydel stations will be completed within a few months. CINOTEC will obtain loans from Chinese banks for all the projects. The company is already working on Daral Khwar Hydel Power Station in Swat, which is near completion, and is expected to start producing 67MW by next year.

Khattak paid rich tributes to the government and people of China for extending a helping hand to Pakistan in times of need. He maintained the whole-hearted cooperation of the Chinese government in overcoming the energy crisis in Pakistan was a testimony to the strength of their friendship.

To a question about security, Chinese officials told the CM they were not worried about it because they found the people of K-P most hospitable and friendly towards the Chinese.

Pervez Khattak ensured the delegation the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led government was not like the regimes of the past. He maintained they will keep a close liaison with the investors throughout, and will solve every problem on a priority basis. Khattak said the new projects will not only help create jobs and increase economic activities, but the electricity produced will be utilised for establishing industrial units and promoting local products in K-P.

Adviser to the CM on Economic Affairs Rafaqatulllah Babar, Investment Promotion Board Vice Chairman Mohsin Aziz, and the administrative secretaries of energy, P&D and other departments were also present on the occasion.

Source: Economic ties: Chinese investors to establish 25 hydel power stations – The Express Tribune

@Leader @Aeronaut @mafiya @Pukhtoon @PWFI @pkuser2k12 @Jzaib @chauvunist

To a question about security, Chinese officials told the CM they were not worried about it because they found the people of K-P most hospitable and friendly towards the Chinese.

People of KP arent the threat they are the biggest victim of terrorism in pakistan and every body seems to forget that part.

I read this news 500 mwatt generation will be done by these projects

InshAllah this project will be completed as pti's government is in kpk unlike the interruption and corruption in other dams which are still unfinished after 10/20 years of inauguration

does a CM have the right to sign nuclear power deal ? or can only the PM sign such a deal ?

does a CM have the right to sign nuclear power deal ? or can only the PM sign such a deal ?

Interesting question, though I don't have much knowledge about it, but I guess CM can't make such deals..

Comeaoooooon

Just 500 MW ??? IK please build kalabagh dam !!!

Interesting question, though I don't have much knowledge about it, but I guess CM can't make such deals..

it is MOU thingy. He can

If Chinese companies come with money

Federal gov will not wait for more than 2 sec to sign it.

keep this train going man

No need to spread hopelessness

it is MOU thingy. He can

If Chinese companies come with money

Federal gov will not wait for more than 2 sec to sign it.

keep this train going man

No need to spread hopelessness

Not spreading hopelessness sir, it was my own opinion as I mentioned in my previous post, I think nuclear power deals have other constrains attached especially regarding foreign policy so CM can't do it on his own, he got to have federal govt on board on it.

CM isn't crazy to sign if coz provinces don't have so much funds to launch expensive things like Nuclear power plant if ever were possible.

CM isn't crazy to sign if coz provinces don't have so much funds to launch expensive things like Nuclear power plant if ever were possible.
how much will a nuclear power plant cost under 1000 MW?

I thought this thread is all about hydro power. Did I miss something?
it is but i just thought i might put up a question regarding the nuclear plant

I thought this thread is all about hydro power. Did I miss something?

Yes, but the question was asked about whether a provincial CM can start a nuclear power generation project on his own or not. Please read my originial post which you quoted again.

Post #6 for you sir.. :)

Comeaoooooon

Just 500 MW ??? IK please build kalabagh dam !!!

lol why you guys expect IK to take care of everything? Ask your PM or CM Punjab to deal with Kalabagh Dam, IK is not their mom to pamper them everytime..

And this 500 MW is just one project with Chinese Investors, there are several other projects too which new KP govt has started recently. Try following Naya KPK | News & Updates thread once in a while to keep yourself updated. :)

Finally, pencil khattak and Zani khan will have something to brag about. I hope they get something done since they are highly incapable and incompetent. I still laugh when pencil khattak said Shahbaz sharif will copy him hahahah. Abhay pencil khattak, tere bachay tujhe copy nahi kartay tu Shahbaz sharif ki baat kar raha hai.

Just shows the environment you were brought up in. A person shows his class and stature by what he thinks and what he states.

Criticize as you wish, but with decency.

Its just an Mou. Looking at our history, we have folders of MoU. PTI must implement those MoUs to stand a chance in next elections.

I personally think a party like PTI only can take Pakistan forward. The reason - they talk about Pakistan and its leadership does politics for Pakistan, not for a province, language city or some ethnic group.

Back
Top Bottom