What's new

Economic Development in Azerbaijan

actually , Khazar Islands among others are privately financed
if you scroll up , you can see the recent investment of 12.5$ billion from Chinese companies
government doesn't put any money into these projects.
who does it benefit? I had said this to you before, there is no reality in this entire bird eyed schemes. the level of poverty in azerbaijan is unprecedented for the money that is going into these projects which benefit noone. who will live on those islands the richest of the elite of the families tied to the president and his looting cronies.
Instead of spending money on education - primary, tertiary and sciences as well as improving health system across the board it is sad that the priorities are wrong. I was shocked to see the level of private yatches around that island yet people are struggling to get basic food items based on their monthy salaries of 150$.

who does it benefit? I had said this to you before, there is no reality in this entire bird eyed schemes. the level of poverty in azerbaijan is unprecedented for the money that is going into these projects which benefit noone. who will live on those islands the richest of the elite of the families tied to the president and his looting cronies.
Instead of spending money on education - primary, tertiary and sciences as well as improving health system across the board it is sad that the priorities are wrong. I was shocked to see the level of private yatches around that island yet people are struggling to get basic food items based on their monthy salaries of 150$.

Lol.
The level of ignorance in your posts is astounding.

1st. This is a city for 1 million people , It has no investments from the government as it is a private project and supported by private investors from within the country and outside. If you seriously think this for richest of elites , then I will be pretty amazed if they can fill up a city with 1 million people. I repeat again it is a PRIVATE PROJECT , just like many others in Azerbaijan.

Baku White City for example is creating nearly 50 thousand jobs and has full support of the government but again receives no investments from the government.

baku.jpg

Khazar Islands will be also creating industry and office space along with many retail infrastructure and tourist infrastructure. The average wage in these new cities will be a lot higher and will easily provide the highest average wage in the region.

ibjlzq.jpg

As when it comes to education , Azerbaijan has upgraded all the schools that were left over from Soviet Union.
You can just compare the terrible conditions schools were in before compared to now.
and creating the biggest University Campus in the region and will also surely be the best one among them.

green_city_02_big.jpg

A country like yours with a lot less GDP per capita hosted a World Cup spending billions on stadiums.
Maybe, you should look out for your own government wasting your tax dollars on such projects.
anyway , keep your ignorance out as I do not want to drag this thread out for pointless discussion with simple minded people.

Lol.
The level of ignorance in your posts is astounding.

1st. This is a city for 1 million people , It has no investments from the government as it is a private project and supported by private investors from within the country and outside. If you seriously think this for richest of elites , then I will be pretty amazed if they can fill up a city with 1 million people. I repeat again it is a PRIVATE PROJECT , just like many others in Azerbaijan.

Baku White City for example is creating nearly 50 thousand jobs and has full support of the government but again receives no investments from the government.

View attachment 218122

Khazar Islands will be also creating industry and office space along with many retail infrastructure and tourist infrastructure. The average wage in these new cities will be a lot higher and will easily provide the highest average wage in the region.

View attachment 218123

As when it comes to education , Azerbaijan has upgraded all the schools that were left over from Soviet Union.
You can just compare the terrible conditions schools were in before compared to now.
and creating the biggest University Campus in the region and will also surely be the best one among them.

View attachment 218124

A country like yours with a lot less GDP per capita hosted a World Cup spending billions on stadiums.
Maybe, you should look out for your own government wasting your tax dollars on such projects.
anyway , keep your ignorance out as I do not want to drag this thread out for pointless discussion with simple minded people.
Yes, keep up the good work and have empty brained asses who run the entire mafia state.
Indeed, it was not a good decision to have the world cup but at least we dont act like insane idiots like yourself - the azeri govt puts European games... my friend your language, culture, religion has nothing to do with europe yet your idiot president spends money like water on these stupid games and even eurovision - just because the later due to his daugther who is an aspiring singer.... get a reality check. Get the 3000+ political prisoners out of the jails and all those who disappear because they question or protest anything the govt does.
Everywhere you go, the level of corruption is astounding, nothing can be done without paying a price in your country. Surely corruption is a measure of standing if your country was a paradise you make it out to be then why even a simple basic thing needs bribes.
When your president's wife has over 7mil$/year budget for her cosmetic surgery and up keep you really need to get your head out of the Aliev's ***.

Last edited:
Yes, keep up the good work and have empty brained asses who run the entire mafia state.
Indeed, it was not a good decision to have the world cup but at least we dont act like insane idiots like yourself - the azeri govt puts European games... my friend your language, culture, religion has nothing to do with europe yet your idiot president spends money like water on these stupid games and even eurovision - just because the later due to his daugther who is an aspiring singer.... get a reality check. Get the 3000+ political prisoners out of the jails and all those who disappear because they question or protest anything the govt does.
Everywhere you go, the level of corruption is astounding, nothing can be done without paying a price in your country. Surely corruption is a measure of standing if your country was a paradise you make it out to be then why even a simple basic thing needs bribes.
When your president's wife has over 7mil$/year budget for her cosmetic surgery and up keep you really need to get your head out of the Aliev's ***.

hmmmm really?

European games is to host bigger events , its not trying to make Azerbaijan look like a European country (don't even know what that would do but ok) we are also hosting some games for Euro 2020 , again we don't care the Euro part , the part we care about is by hosting these events we secure bigger ones.

as for the money part , Azerbaijan has reserves that reach 60% + of its GDP
spending 1 billion USD on creating new infrastructure and cleaning out contaminated areas from Soviet Era is barely anything for us. Plus the money from the reserves haven't even been touched to date.

3000 political prisoners? are you really this stupid?
Azerbaijan has one of the highest levels of freedom in Muslim World , the government is spending half of a billion dollars to provide internet to 100% of the population. The internet is not restrictive in Azerbaijan or are there any websites banned in Azerbaijan. Clearly the government is eager to provide one of the basic human rights , access to information.

Those who disappear because they question? Really?

Here is a list of websites that actively question the government and its actions.

http://musavat.com/?welcome=1
Azadlıq
SANCAQ production | Facebook
MeydanTV - YouTube

These are just the most famous ones.

Corruption is still a problem yes , no denying that. But with new systems such as ASAN
computerizing all of the government agencies into one , from visas to business related issues.
Have drastically reduced the level of corruption in the country.

I don't try to make my country look like paradise , I know we have a lot of problems
but all I am saying is we are developing at a rate this region has never seen

As for the last part , you just show how brain dead you are with such posts.

hmmmm really?

European games is to host bigger events , its not trying to make Azerbaijan look like a European country (don't even know what that would do but ok) we are also hosting some games for Euro 2020 , again we don't care the Euro part , the part we care about is by hosting these events we secure bigger ones.

as for the money part , Azerbaijan has reserves that reach 60% + of its GDP
spending 1 billion USD on creating new infrastructure and cleaning out contaminated areas from Soviet Era is barely anything for us. Plus the money from the reserves haven't even been touched to date.

3000 political prisoners? are you really this stupid?
Azerbaijan has one of the highest levels of freedom in Muslim World , the government is spending half of a billion dollars to provide internet to 100% of the population. The internet is not restrictive in Azerbaijan or are there any websites banned in Azerbaijan. Clearly the government is eager to provide one of the basic human rights , access to information.

Those who disappear because they question? Really?

Here is a list of websites that actively question the government and its actions.

http://musavat.com/?welcome=1
Azadlıq
SANCAQ production | Facebook
MeydanTV - YouTube

These are just the most famous ones.

Corruption is still a problem yes , no denying that. But with new systems such as ASAN
computerizing all of the government agencies into one , from visas to business related issues.
Have drastically reduced the level of corruption in the country.

I don't try to make my country look like paradise , I know we have a lot of problems
but all I am saying is we are developing at a rate this region has never seen

As for the last part , you just show how brain dead you are with such posts.

Well you must be part of the elite who is fed the BS from AzTV I guess. Muslim world is mostly run by psycopants anyway so that is a muted comparison. Why do you want to host Euro games and take their baggage.

For prisoners you are really clueless, take a banner and walk down Baku, the aliev's dogs are all over the place lets see how long you will be allowed to do that.

Everything and anything is controlled by the aliev family and his cronies; try and setup any business and you will know what kind of payments you have to make to the mafia states. Stop giving the BS about this propaganda about development etc. Go to average person on the street and ask him how life is. These grand projects are only for the benefit of the aliev thieving family. People are afraid to come out and say anything.

Always rigged elections
BBC News - Azerbaijan election: the pre-determined president
Azerbaijan: Free Prisoners Before Baku Games | Human Rights Watch
'America's threats won't help Azerbaijan's political prisoners' | World news | The Guardian
List of some known prisoners and how many more are locked up as unknown.
The list of Political Prisoners in Azerbaijan | Meydan TV - Alternativ və Azad Media Kanalı
Avaaz - Free Azerbaijan's forgotten political prisoners

Azerbaijan’s Dubious Honor: Abundance of Political Prisoners | EurasiaNet.org

List goes on.

Corruption - if economic development helps the masses, this number would be far better.
Transparency International - Country Profiles
126/175

*** Aliev makes it to most corrupt person... definitely great president for the people .. or godfather of mafia state.

Azerbaijani President Aliyev Named Corruption's 'Person Of The Year'

More real reading on life as I also saw in Baku. Average person has just enough bare enough to eat earning around 150$/month if lucky.
Azerbaijan | Freedom House
Despite the economic growth of the last decade, wealth and economic power stays largely concentrated among the president, his family, and a small group of oligarchs, creating a dangerous convergence of political and economic interests. There is a significant wealth gap, and the average Azerbaijani continues to earn little.[1] The lack of a comprehensive social policy is partly compensated by the shadow economy, which contributes to the high level of corruption in the country.

Azerbaijan - A Repressive, Corrupt Country That The West Loves: There Must Be Oil

azerireport.com - Azerbaijan Swimming in a Sea of Bribes, Despite an Anti-Corruption Tide

I suspect you are a paid troll stooge of Aliev that spreads vicious propaganda about the regime and its achievement. Well done, great to see Aliev is following his KGB counterparts who have similar groups who do the same across forums.

Salutin' Putin: inside a Russian troll house | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
Those projects seem a lot like the project we have seen in Arab countries, I hope that its money well spend and those buildings will not stay empty like in many gulf countries or even in Istanbul.

How is it that I never hear you Azeris complain about Aliyevs dictatorship? Where are the democrats?

Those projects seem a lot like the project we have seen in Arab countries, I hope that its money well spend and those buildings will not stay empty like in many gulf countries or even in Istanbul.

How is it that I never hear you Azeris complain about Aliyevs dictatorship? Where are the democrats?
There are no democrats, anyone aspiring to be one is rounded up and put in prison or has aliev's dogs hound them and targetted harassment of family members.
Best is to go there and really see for yourself the false fascade that is put there. see how people are struggling to survive month to month and live hand to mouth. It is like a north korean propaganda machine ... they will make you believe that this is the greatest nation and Aliev is the best president.. his father image was plastered all over the place in early 2000; then the idiot son. the largest employer is the police.. no joke.. a street has at least dozen police officers - why? the russians left but they left their ex- kgb hencemen behind.

Well you must be part of the elite who is fed the BS from AzTV I guess. Muslim world is mostly run by psycopants anyway so that is a muted comparison. Why do you want to host Euro games and take their baggage.

For prisoners you are really clueless, take a banner and walk down Baku, the aliev's dogs are all over the place lets see how long you will be allowed to do that.

Everything and anything is controlled by the aliev family and his cronies; try and setup any business and you will know what kind of payments you have to make to the mafia states. Stop giving the BS about this propaganda about development etc. Go to average person on the street and ask him how life is. These grand projects are only for the benefit of the aliev thieving family. People are afraid to come out and say anything.

Always rigged elections
BBC News - Azerbaijan election: the pre-determined president
Azerbaijan: Free Prisoners Before Baku Games | Human Rights Watch
'America's threats won't help Azerbaijan's political prisoners' | World news | The Guardian
List of some known prisoners and how many more are locked up as unknown.
The list of Political Prisoners in Azerbaijan | Meydan TV - Alternativ və Azad Media Kanalı
Avaaz - Free Azerbaijan's forgotten political prisoners

Azerbaijan’s Dubious Honor: Abundance of Political Prisoners | EurasiaNet.org

List goes on.

Corruption - if economic development helps the masses, this number would be far better.
Transparency International - Country Profiles
126/175

*** Aliev makes it to most corrupt person... definitely great president for the people .. or godfather of mafia state.

Azerbaijani President Aliyev Named Corruption's 'Person Of The Year'

More real reading on life as I also saw in Baku. Average person has just enough bare enough to eat earning around 150$/month if lucky.
Azerbaijan | Freedom House
Despite the economic growth of the last decade, wealth and economic power stays largely concentrated among the president, his family, and a small group of oligarchs, creating a dangerous convergence of political and economic interests. There is a significant wealth gap, and the average Azerbaijani continues to earn little.[1] The lack of a comprehensive social policy is partly compensated by the shadow economy, which contributes to the high level of corruption in the country.

Azerbaijan - A Repressive, Corrupt Country That The West Loves: There Must Be Oil

azerireport.com - Azerbaijan Swimming in a Sea of Bribes, Despite an Anti-Corruption Tide

I suspect you are a paid troll stooge of Aliev that spreads vicious propaganda about the regime and its achievement. Well done, great to see Aliev is following his KGB counterparts who have similar groups who do the same across forums.

Salutin' Putin: inside a Russian troll house | World news | The Guardian
Dude, if people get paid 150$ a month, it doesnt mean that thats what people really living with...
I baku, people dont even want to work for les than 500 manat. I personally chnaged my 1200 manat job to 2000 manat. You can easily find these jobs if you are educated.. thats why everybody send their children to study abroad..
seems like you are here just to troll.. Probably, you also can not visit for your armenian background. poor you. go to play your video games. we enjoy our life here...

Aliyevs(Ilham Aliyev, and Mehriban Aliyeva) remind me of Azeri versions of Muhammad Reza Shah and Queen Farah Pahlavi. They are sane modern people whom are progressing the country. Corruption does exist but what neighboring middle eastern or ex-soviet country does not have some sort of corruption more than us? We need to think realistically. People who live in a country, which has fights with its neighbor, cannot afford careless political moves, and no sane person would destroy a mansion, just because the water pipe is broken. BTW, honestly I don't see any better alternatives. who are alternatives? religious groups, which are the path that Iran and Turkey have chosen? As a turkish citizen, are you happy with your erdoganists? or the radical nationalists like Elchibey(He is dead now, but I mean groups of people with his mentality) who caused huge damages to our side in Karabagh war with their stupid policies? That's why I believe that sane moderate modern people gradually implementing liberal ideas are the best choices for Azerbaijan, and no one represents this group better than Aliyevs. BTW, Aliyevs have an almost liberal attitude toward their oppositions as well, except for religious groups. I personally believe that people with pre-medieval era mentality should not be allowed to take advantage of modern concepts like freedom of speech. They need to be dealt with exactly like how they will deal with us if they were in higher position. So, I almost have no objection to Aliyev's internal policies, either.

Last edited:
ADB, Azerbaijan sign $1 billion worth MoU

The Asian Development Bank and Azerbaijan have signed a Memorandum of Understanding worth $1 billion.

The document was signed as part of the 48th meeting of the ADB Board of Governors, held in Baku on May 5.

The memorandum of understanding stipulates the reconstruction and modernization of the energy system of the country.

Azerbaijan joined the ADB in 1999, the country’s share in the bank’s capital is 0.5 percent.

Since the start of its cooperation, the ADB has allocated Azerbaijan $1.6 billion for 12 projects in the area of road construction, energy, irrigation, water supply and sanitation improvement.

Baku hosted the 48th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the ADB on May 2-5.

About 3,000 participants, including senior officials, business leaders, investors, financiers, journalists, and civil society representatives from around the world gathered in Baku for the event.

The overall theme for this year’s meeting is “Fostering Partnership for Development.” Through the business sessions within the annual meeting, governors and ADB management discussed ongoing and emerging challenges facing the region, and also highlighted how ongoing reforms would make ADB a stronger development partner.

v-iSGSHQXTc.jpg

ADB, Azerbaijan sign $1 billion worth MoU - AzerNews

Shamkir Agropark

First Double Decker of Azerbaijan to appear on Baku - Sumgait rail link.
The link covers 10 stations and with upgraded infrastructure will bring down the travel time to 40 minutes.
Currently over 200,000 people use the link daily and with upgrades the number will only increase.

Stadler Double Decker.

stadler-rail-sbb-fernverkehr-doppelstock-designbook-1-12.jpg

Currently Stadler factory is U/C in Ganja and will be finished by 2016, while the upgrade to Baku - Sumgait rail link's first phase will be completed by August 2015.

General Electric Evolution locomotive for Azerbaijan

33c1de6f0bf91c7a2646fd8734108862.jpg

The link covers 10 stations and with upgraded infrastructure will bring down the travel time to 40 minutes.
Currently over 200,000 people use the link daily and with upgrades the number will only increase.

Stadler Double Decker.

View attachment 220211

Currently Stadler factory is U/C in Ganja and will be finished by 2016, while the upgrade to Baku - Sumgait rail link's first phase will be completed by August 2015.

View attachment 220213

tn_az-ady-stadler-kiss-impression.jpg

Stadler Double Decker.

View attachment 220211

View attachment 220213

73712212b971.jpg
b6eea12fcafb.jpg

along with the delivery of trains , a new project has been unveiled to connect Baku to Heydar Aliyev International Airport
The airport will have 2 additional connections in the future, one from Baku and a monorail connecting Green City and other areas of Hovsan to the airport.

picture_12219.jpg

The government will create Qaradağ tech park around the current Baku Shipyard.
The technology park will focus on expanding and creating a competitive market for shipbuilding industry, currently Baku Shipyard is the biggest shipyard in the Caspian , with the rapid expansion of sea routes and construction of new Ports in the Caspian , there is a massive demand for new ships. The technology park will also focus in other areas of non-oil sector.

It is worth to mention currently 2nd Phase of Baku Port is U/C.

klykDxf.jpg

Baku Shipyard

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom