What's new

Economic crisis in India 2013 | ALL Updates & News

The Indian government has intervened several times to stop the currency from falling further, but none of the interventions have had a lasting effect.

The problem with these interventions, is that the markets will often see them as a desperate act by a government with a limited ability to fix the problem.

Which further erodes the confidence in the Rupee.

Intervening in the market to control currency movements is a tricky business. Both Switzerland and Japan tried this a few years back, both failed. It's not something that can be done with half-measures, you really need to use full-measures.

Indian Government has done some face saving measures. I don't expect the present regime to bother much with the devaluation of Indian currency. Mainly because they have so much foreign currency stashed up elsewhere. :pissed:
The Indian government has intervened several times to stop the currency from falling further, but none of the interventions have had a lasting effect.

The problem with these interventions, is that the markets will often see them as a desperate act by a government with a limited ability to fix the problem.

Which further erodes the confidence in the Rupee.

It is just not so simple bro. But one thing I will agree with you. Our present honorable regime has great politicians. They have stashed a lot of foreign currency outside. So, with them at the helm, I don't see the rupee recovering seriously.
It doesn't take a genius to see that.

Oh wow, Rupee is now trading at 63.12 against the dollar. It was 61.97 only 48 hours ago.

This is getting very bad. It reminds me of Argentina before the 1989 crash.

Rupee is free falling. Soros is not even in the game yet.
Good point. Hedge fund predators may be seeking the best window to attack INR. GoI has to do some precaution.

Call central banks of BRICS and borrow reserve currencies, and start trading with Chinese and Russian currency.

Nothing is going to improve until new govt.It can be fixed quite quickly with some deep reforms,but need boldness will be required.And this govt simply won't take that step in election year.

Good point. Hedge fund predators may be seeking the best window to attack INR. GoI has to do some precaution.

Call central banks of BRICS and borrow reserve currencies, and start trading with Chinese and Russian currency.

Are the hedge fund and traders in india shorting the rupee? I'll be very amazed if they have not already done so.

Nothing is going to improve until new govt.It can be fixed quite quickly with some deep reforms,but need boldness will be required.And this govt simply won't take that step in election year.

New govt is not going to improve anything, the deepest reform is to dissolve the constitution. Everything starts from zero.

New govt is not going to improve anything, the deepest reform is to dissolve the constitution. Everything starts from zero.

In my view Indian economy is much more safer than China...We never had t lie about stock market data...
But problem is Rupee is going down just because of some speculation. By the way you dont need to be so happy because your export to India will be in mess...May be it will create some opportunity for Indians. Another problem for u now is RMB is strengthening against dollor...

Back
Top Bottom