What's new

Economic crisis in India 2013 | ALL Updates & News

Then explain this to me :

The entire constitution has to go. World markets will sky rocket hearing the news.

Changing a new govt in india is like changing a bandage, you have to treat the wound. take the bull by its horn.

But India is too big of a country and too powerful of a country for such thing to happen. I remember George Soros make some money in similar ways against British pounds. 1.6 billion dollars to be exact. Or was it 1.6 billion pounds. I don't remember.

Well I see Rupee falling. I see India’s stock market falling in tandem. I see India is losing its foreign exchange reserves. Isn’t this all the symptoms of the Asian 1998 crisis ?
I know India’s bank interest has always been high and US has always been low so you do not need high IQ to figure out people can make money by playing with the differences.

These Funds managers may not have the large capital but with excess to large financial institutions, they can leverage enormous amount of money. More than a small country.
During the 98 Asian Financial crisis even large and well run economies like Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan were not excluded. Taiwan opened its books to warn the fund managers that they have large reserve to defence their currency. Hong Kong was attacked relentlessly for weeks and only survived because of support from China. (China keep Hong Kong stock market afloat with its enormous reserve). The fund managers lost big time when they run out of time and defaulted on their future positions.

For two weeks beginning August 12, 1998, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority with the support of then financial secretary Donald Tsang Yam- kuen, waged war on currency speculators who were making a double play of dumping the Hong Kong dollar and shorting local stocks and Hang Seng Index futures.
In the end, the speculators were literally caught short with their short positions on HSI futures and short positions on the currency.

Source
Soros manager regrets attack on HK dollar - The Standard

But now they are back.
These fund managers are evil blood suckers and has no conscious. That is why until today George Soros would not be safe if he step into S Korea or Malaysia. I hope he burn in hell

U.S. bond yields hit two-year high; emerging currencies slide | Reuters

I support the calibrated measures taken by RBI and GoI ... that is use economic measures which make sense, rather than "peg" the currency.

Free markets work best.. provided the markets are deep and liquid. USDINR is now an extremely liquid market. So, no need to directly intervene in the market.

In any case, market has a self-correction mechanism.... exports are already benefitting, and imports are stressed which is good and natural economic consequence.

For YTD market moves:

USDZAR: +18.94%
USDBRL: +16.42%
USDINR: +12.10%
USDIDR: +7.75%
USDRUB: +7.67%

That leaves USDCNY among the BRIICS, which is a pegged currency and non-comparable to freely trading other BRIICS.

Well I see Rupee falling. I see India’s stock market falling in tandem. I see India is losing its foreign exchange reserves. Isn’t this all the symptoms of the Asian 1998 crisis ?
I know India’s bank interest has always been high and US has always been low so you do not need high IQ to figure out people can make money by playing with the differences.

These Funds managers may not have the large capital but with excess to large financial institutions, they can leverage enormous amount of money. More than a small country.
During the 98 Asian Financial crisis even large and well run economies like Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan were not excluded. Taiwan opened its books to warn the fund managers that they have large reserve to defence their currency. Hong Kong was attacked relentlessly for weeks and only survived because of support from China. (China keep Hong Kong stock market afloat with its enormous reserve). The fund managers lost big time when they run out of time and defaulted on their future positions.

Source
Soros manager regrets attack on HK dollar - The Standard

But now they are back.
These fund managers are evil blood suckers and has no conscious. That is why until today George Soros would not be safe if he step into S Korea or Malaysia. I hope he burn in hell

Well, India definitely is in trouble because it has very little reserves with which to fight off the currency traders. When they attack, it'll be over within 24 hours.

The wound is fractured mandate.
Be it BJP/INC both of them need decisive mandate to push structural reforms needed to revive the economy.

Next govt will be weaker than this government be it congress or BJP.

New govt is not going to improve anything, the deepest reform is to dissolve the constitution. Everything starts from zero.

Trolling as usual.Govt will not make hard reforms in election yr,simple as that.New govt without baggage will.

Bring out the pop-corn. I'm thrilled, despite RBI's intervention (as if it mattered anything!), the Rupee could not arrest its decline vis-a-vis stronger global currencies.

I hope the trend worsens, I would be celebrating when Rupee hits the 100 mark vs. Dollar, well it's nearly about to touch the century with respect to British Pound.

Koi aukaat nahin hai South Asian currencies ki, ya South Asia ki.

Sorry India your brilliant post-liberalization economic boom period has passed (and so is other insignificant countries in S.Asia). Now enjoy getting back to your THIRD WORLD status.

Back
Top Bottom