What's new

"Eat Pork or stay hungry", new right-wing government in French towns tells Muslim Children.

Doesn't secular mean being tolerant towards all religions?, if it does, which I believe it does, then what the "French" are French secular values?

Far-right National Front leader Marine Le Pen said on Friday it would prevent schools from offering non-pork alternatives to Muslim pupils in the 11 towns it won in local elections, saying such arrangements were contrary to France's secular values

With this situation we have the government interfering in the religous life of the people.

Doesn't secular mean being tolerant towards all religions?, if it does, which I believe it does, then what the "French" are French secular values?

Ehhh, Not exactly. Not in the French sense.

European countries use Secular in the sense that Religion should play no role in the public life. It should be limited to private sphere.

Secular education should contain no religious teachings. Europe has always had an antagonistic relationship bteween the religions and the Governmental institutions.

The Renaissance affirmed the decline of Christian teachings and the rise of rational thinking in public sphere.

Pretty much the reason for European dominance.

Except that they claim to be free country that promotes liberty.o_O
Except France is not multi-cultural. In the 1980s the French Minister of Education put it this way, that when a North African immigrates his children are to attend French schools to become Gauls.

The French, it appears, do not consider their Muslim immigrants have become good Gauls.

Jewish communities in France have seen the writing on the walls for some years now; thousands of Jews from France emigrate to Israel every year, usually citing the lack of personal safety - violence from Muslims - as the reason.

By restricting halal food the French hope to discourage further immigration of Muslims. Since Muslims can eat kosher food as well as halal (at least, that's what Muslims tell me) the French have to restrict kosher food as well.

The no-halal rule has been employed by rulers in the past, notably by Kublai Khan in the wake of an unsuccessful plot by some of his Muslim officers to take over his Empire. That apparently led to the end of Muslim influence in Chinese-Mongol culture.

Ehhh, Not exactly. Not in the French sense.

European countries use Secular in the sense that Religion should play no role in the public life. It should be limited to private sphere.

Secular education should contain no religious teachings. Europe has always had an antagonistic relationship bteween the religions and the Governmental institutions.

The Renaissance affirmed the decline of Christian teachings and the rise of rational thinking in public sphere.

Pretty much the reason for European dominance.

Have you seen the list of official national holidays in France?

Of all the western countries, France has one of the highest number of Christian holy days as officials holidays.

Of course, like all weasels, they use the excuse that it is all "cultural", not "religious". In the same way that they claim headscarfs and yarmulkas are "conspicuous" -- and, therefore, illegal in schools -- while small cross pendants are "inconspicuous" and legal.

Of all the western countries, France has one of the highest number of Christian holy days as officials holidays.

Of course, like all weasels, they use the excuse that it is all "cultural", not "religious". In the same way that they claim headscarfs and yarmulkas are "conspicuous" -- and, therefore, illegal in schools -- while small cross pendants are "inconspicuous" and legal.

The National Front are pretty much Far-Right Neo-Nazis anyway, except these guys target Muslims instead of Jews.

; thousands of Jews from France emigrate to Israel every year, usually citing the lack of personal safety - violence from Muslims - as the reason.

I can assure you that they are not moving to israel for that reason only. If they were concerned about safety from muslims they wouldn't move to israel where there is a chance that they will encounter Palestinians who really dont like jews. Besides they could move to Switzerland which is nearby and is a place where french is widely spoken if they were truly concerned about safety considering that it is one of the safest countries in the world.

Last edited:
Their country their rules. KSA declared all atheist people as terrorist, again their country their rule.

Saudi Arabia doesn't claim to be a secular multi-cultural society based on democratic and humanistic principles. Does it?

I don't know why Indians always justify persecution of Muslims and even defend it--even though many of your citizens are also Muslims.

Why such hatred? You know--you represent a very bleak picture of India. A society that is fundamentally in inferiority-complex when it comes to Islam---and feels happy to see Muslims getting hurt anywhere in the world. All of this because Muslims, in Indian psyche, were not original indians who came to Indian land.

As I said, a depressing picture.

Except that they claim to be free country that promotes liberty.o_O

Their liberty is eat pork or starve. They failed to mention that lunch can be provided by the family to be brought to school. The old fashioned way.

Saudi Arabia doesn't claim to be a secular multi-cultural society based on democratic and humanistic principles. Does it?

I don't know why Indians always justify persecution of Muslims and even defend it--even though many of your citizens are also Muslims.

Why such hatred? You know--you represent a very bleak picture of India. A society that is fundamentally in inferiority-complex when it comes to Islam---and feels happy to see Muslims getting hurt anywhere in the world. All of this because Muslims, in Indian psyche, were not original indians who came to Indian land.

As I said, a depressing picture.

Except Indians here tends to be more right wing here :/

A lot of Indians, do not know much about politics, Nor do they care to participate in it, except when their contituency candidates decides to give goodies to them.

The online crowd, however tends to be more nationalistic.

Again, if I were to base Iranians, Pakistanis and Chinese based off these boards the picture would be bleak indeed.

Internet anonymity allows us to be more blunt and more offensive than we would be in real life.

I wouldn't esactly call it inferiority complex, but rather a mislaced sense of superiority complex and a hyped up narrative ballooning out.

:)

Humans will always protect their tribe. The French are no different.

And it's not like if us brown folk are the paragons of liberty and freedom.

I would go so far as to say the Americans, and the Europeans are much more respectful of their minority populations than

Indians, Pakistanis or other assorted groups here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom