What's new

Eastern Anatolian Conflicts 1800's - 1920 | News & Discussions

The diaspora won't accept a mere apology, they want full compensation plus land. Which is why the issue will never be resolved if it continues on its present course.

Turkey must continue its current policy. The avarice of Armenians and Greeks knows no bounds. Greeks have sucked $350 billion from EU and still want billions more every other month.

And what would you propose as a solution then? Turkey closing its ears and waiting until the Armenians stop? Doesn't sound like a very viable solution.

Lobby even fiercely than they do. We couldn't before because we lacked the means but we are catching up. And don't forget it's Armenia that is barely above the starvation line, if they wish to senselessly torture their population by binding them with false hopes let them continue to do so, it's hilarious to observe.

Turkey must continue its current policy. The avarice of Armenians and Greeks knows no bounds. Greeks have sucked $350 billion from EU and still want billions more every other month.

You are right about Armenians. Greece is another much more complicated issue that would take this thread way off topic.

In any case Armenia has being doing a good job at promoting their cause I think. More and more countries every year have being recognising the events as a genocide. I don't know to which degree Turkish lobbying will be able to surpass that. I guess we'll see in the next years.

I would like to something clarify! No matter how we call that issue. One thing is clear which nobody can deny, even Turks! Thousands of innocent Armenian were killed or died during the march! And Turkey/Ottomans has that responsibility.

@Bismarck

We won't have a leash put on us as was put on Germany post WW2. Sorry but no. No one is going to dictate to us what we should or shouldn't do, who we killed or didn't kill... you can only advise and in this case the EPs "advice" has fallen on deaf ears. Don't mistake Turkey as a country that will be shamed into obeying orders like Germany is used to obeying (which is a huge waste of power)

Again, that has nothing to do with a powerful or a obeying orders. Their is only one question that we want to know, if Turkey/Ottoman has do this things or not. And it is not Turkey who decides it's on its own.

Again, that has nothing to do with a powerful or a obeying orders. Their is only one question that we want to know, if Turkey/Ottoman has do this things or not. And it is not Turkey who decides it's on its own.
Yes it's us that decides because we are being accused of genocide. Genius

I would like to something clarify! No matter how we call that issue. One thing is clear which nobody can deny, even Turks! Thousands of innocent Armenian were killed or died during the march! And Turkey/Ottomans has that responsibility.

I personally think it was a genocide but in a world in which pretty much everybody has blood on its hands and in which Turks were massacred,banished from the Balkans just about in the same period i really don't see what good comes out of replaying these events all over again.Don't get me started that it happenned 100 years ago

I personally think it was a genocide but in a world in which pretty much everybody has blood on its hands and in which Turks were massacred,banished from the Balkans just about in the same period i really don't see what good comes out of replaying these events all over again.Don't get me started that it happenned 100 years ago
Yet you don't hear about Turks whining for compensation :whistle:

TimesMachine: ARMENIANS ARE SENT TO PERISH IN DESERT; Turks Accused of Plan to Exterminate Whole Population People of Karahissar Massacred. - NYTimes.com

TimesMachine: MILLION ARMENIANS KILLED OR IN EXILE; American Committee on Relief Says Victims of Turks Are Steadily Increasing. POLICY OF EXTERMINATION More Atrocities Detailed in Support of Charge That Turkey Is Acting Deliberately. - NYTimes.com

There are always hidden interests (eg land or compensation claims) involved and it'd be cool if Turkey simply tried debating on these but disputing the massacres, the death marches and the Syrian concentration camps as historical events despite the acknowledgement that these have gotten from the majority of mainstream historians is working contrary to its own causes and objectives.
Actually Turkey proposed a comission consisting of European, Russian, Armenian and Turkish historians to research the issue, open the Archives in Russia, Armenia, Turkey and was ready to accept every outcome of that Comission but Armenia didnt accept.

@xenon54

Because they know that they are lying. If their fabrication were to be known people would forget about their tiny little concentration camp of a country by 2025 :D

@xenon54

Because they know that they are lying. If their fabrication were to be known people would forget about their tiny little concentration camp of a country by 2025 :D
The thing is, it is true Armenians died, its not like we deny it but there is also the other side of the coin where Armenian gangs massacred whole communities in eastern cities and took the opportunity to revolt against a state that was in war in multiple fronts from all sides, they are afraid that this fact might change the perpectives about the whole issue.

Its not like we lived with Armenians for almost a millenia more or less peacefully (most of the time) and suddenly decided to exterminate them but thats exactly how Armenian lobby is portraying it.

The thing is, it is true Armenians died, its not like we deny it but there is also the other side of the coin where Armenian gangs massacred whole communities in eastern cities and took the opportunity to revolt against a state that was in war in multiple fronts from all sides, they are afraid that this fact might change the perpectives about the whole issue.

Its not like we lived with Armenians for almost a millenia more or less peacefully (most of the time) and suddenly decided to exterminate them but thats exactly how Armenian lobby is portraying it.

Their situation is so dire that 35,000 illegally entered Turkey...I say kick them out. Or send them to the EU since they love them so much

Their situation is so dire that 35,000 illegally entered Turkey...I say kick them out. Or send them to the EU since they love them so much
Cant throw everybody in the same pot, living in Europe i have met so many Nationalities, thats the most important rule i have learned.

Cant throw everybody in the same pot, living in Europe i have met so many Nationalities, thats the most important rule i have learned.
I finished my university in Europe too. Look at their situation...being gradually replaced by immigrants as their own ethnic birth rate plummets. This can't happen in Turkey. There must be extremely meticulous procedures for immigration or else we may face problems in the future.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom