What's new

Earthquake in Pakistan, India - May 1st, 2013

I felt in Gujrat... was sitting on my bed and felt like somebody is shaking my bed... asked my mother and she also felt it... so we went outside... and then bro called/phoned that the entire market came outside their shos and buildings... I was holding mobile in my hand so the time was 11:58am exactly... 22 mins ago

New Delhi: An earthquake is being reported in Pakistan. Tremors were felt in Delhi and Kashmir at 12.30 pm.

More details are awaited.

Pehley itney saalo mai kahi koi 1 earthquake ata tha, ab to 1 mahiney mai 2 ya 3 aa hi jatey hai!!!

I hope everyone is safe.

======================================================

Earthquake shakes buildings in Delhi

TNN | May 1, 2013, 12.39 PM IST

NEW DELHI: Mild tremors were felt across north India, including in the national capital, on Wednesday afternoon.

People were seen coming out of offices and homes in Delhi.

There were no reports of any casualty.

Further details are awaited.

=====================================================
One of the comment on NDTV website.

GOD is trying to shake Manmohan Singh off the post of PM.

LOL ..

Is it off day? coz everyone is saying he was on sofa or in bed?

I hope everyone is safe.

5.8 magnitude earthquake hits J&K, tremors felt in parts of North India

CNN-IBN | Updated May 01, 2013 at 12:57pm IST

New Delhi: Tremors were felt in parts of North India as a mild earthquake hit Jammu and Kashmir. The epicentre of the earthquake, measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale, was the border of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.

Tremors were felt in parts of North India including New Delhi and Punjab. People at the Wagah Border also said tremors were felt in the area.

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who felt the tremors, tweeted, "Yup, I felt those tremors in Srinagar. Strange thing was that I heard the rumble before the house started to shake."

earthquake_jkwagah.jpg

The epicentre of the earthquake, measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale, was the border of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.

Omar Abdullah @abdullah_omar
Yup, I felt those tremors in Srinagar. Strange thing was that I heard the rumble before the house started to shake.
30 minutes ago

5.8 magnitude earthquake hits J&K, tremors felt in parts of North India

Earthquake strikes North India, epicentre on J&K-Himachal border

Srinagar: An earthquake of 5.8 magnitude jolted North India on Wednesday afternoon.

The quake was felt across Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi-NCR, as well as in parts of Pakistan.

The quake originated on the Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh border – 17 kms northeast of Bhadarwah and 23 kms south-southeast of Kishtwar.

The quake that struck at 12:27 pm lasted for about 10 seconds.

RS Datreyan, director (Seismology), Indian Meteorological Department told Zee Media that the quake was of moderate intensity.

Preliminary reports said several properties in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh have sustained damage but the same could not be confirmed.

Several major earthquakes have been felt in North India in the past few weeks.

An earthquake of 4.1 magnitude had hit the region yesterday as well, with the epicentre located on J&K-HP border.

Earthquake strikes North India, epicentre on J&K-Himachal border

Nothing on TV...

Aaj kal har roz hi earthquake ata hai.

This time it was in Kashmir area where he 2005 earthquake came.

Back
Top Bottom